Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just checked, gt86 is 6,0000 plus 800£ excess for me, won't be any lower, as i live in central london, only had license 3 months etc

hence, not just a cost cap, but BHP cap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jusdorange)
    http://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/gt86

From £24,995

not a fan, plus insurance is stupid high
    Yh, not really a fan of new carss!

Need a 5/6 speed manual and a damn clutch, no paddle shifters!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntriguedUser)
    Yh, not really a fan of new carss!

Need a 5/6 speed manual and a damn clutch, no paddle shifters!
    whats wrong with paddleshift? pretend you are in f1

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  176.2 KB
    my baby has been born <3

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to be completely ****ing mad to spend £25k on a new car, you'd be looking at something very average for that money. Why even consider getting a new 316 when a used 335 could be had for the same money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    You'd have to be completely ****ing mad to spend £25k on a new car, you'd be looking at something very average for that money. Why even consider getting a new 316 when a used 335 could be had for the same money?
    1. it's new, so that's worth a premium
    2. even if I wasn't concerned about used, I don't need 300BHP car in central london
    3. it would have 3-5 year old tech, no latest idrive etc
    4. the insurance would be silly, or perhaps even uninsurable considering i've only had a license for 3 months

this thread has been quite interesting in people's responses

ReputationRep:
    1. it's new, so that's worth a premium
    2. even if I wasn't concerned about used, I don't need 300BHP car in central london
    3. it would have 3-5 year old tech, no latest idrive etc
    4. the insurance would be silly, or perhaps even uninsurable considering i've only had a license for 3 months

this thread has been quite interesting in people's responses
    1. Totally disagree. How so?
    2. Fair enough, different priorities.
    3. Do you really care about that? There isn't a huge difference.
    4. It would be very expensive for you. It wouldn't be cheap on a 316 either.

Seriously, reconsider a 316, the engine is pitiful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainDudeson)
    1. Totally disagree. How so?
    2. Fair enough, different priorities.
    3. Do you really care about that? There isn't a huge difference.
    4. It would be very expensive for you. It wouldn't be cheap on a 316 either.

Seriously, reconsider a 316, the engine is pitiful.
    1. the fact that no-one [perhaps besides the people loading off a transporter] have used it?

how can you say you will have that same feeling being the second owner [or more] vs the first

2. glad we agree

3. well yes, I want new, which entails everything is new, that's of higher importance than how fast it is

4. I've ordered it/it's been made [check my picture just above]

I had considered an A class, but the interior build quality wasn't as refined

so my main priority was how nice the interior was, and having been to audi and benz, decided on this

i don't get why people in this thread place speed higher, considering you can't exactly use it whilst driving around london

and how often will you use launch control etc

i go trackdays every few months, can actually go fast there, in someone else's porsche/tyres

ReputationRep:
    A Volkswagen Golf TDI 2.0 are very good, they do something like 80 to the gallon and if you're really confident you could go for the R32...(lushhhh)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJStudent)
    A Volkswagen Golf TDI 2.0 are very good, they do something like 80 to the gallon and if you're really confident you could go for the R32...(lushhhh)
    is r32 even in production?

ReputationRep:
    Thought you had a Kia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    Thought you had a Kia?
    was joking

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.