What are people's current UCAS application situation ? Watch

SamEastie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Application just been sent to UCAS
Geography at Durham, Lancaster, Nottingham, Sheffield and Leeds.. still don't know whether to contact UCAS and put Edinburgh down..
Exciting timessss.
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SP10)
I'm also waiting for 2 more acknowledgements lol and I still haven't received my welcome letter from UCAS yet
Aww same here! Very annoying haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lucy96)
Waiting on two more acknowledgements...hurry up

Posted from TSR Mobile
They may never come. Some universities simply don't bother, but it doesn't make any difference. They have your application and will act on it.
96Livwilliams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My application has finally been sent! I've applied for (in no particular order):
Sheffield Hallam,
Univeristy of Leeds,
Univeristy of Nottingham,
Univeristy of Chester,
Univeristy of Salford.

Good luck everyone :-)
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
They may never come. Some universities simply don't bother, but it doesn't make any difference. They have your application and will act on it.
Really? Oh I see that's true, they just give me a bit of reassurance I guess. I need to stop checking my emails and track so frequently haha (Doesn't help that it's half term)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really? Oh I see that's true, they just give me a bit of reassurance I guess. I need to stop checking my emails and track so frequently haha (Doesn't help that it's half term)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I fear nothing will stop you doing that. It's a nail-biting time. Offers could be any time between now and May 9th.
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I fear nothing will stop you doing that. It's a nail-biting time. Offers could be any time between now and May 9th.
You're probably right It is. And the thought of waiting that long is horrible!
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're probably right It is. And the thought of waiting that long is horrible!
It certainly is. My son got his first choice offer on May 8th (last date in that particular year) after we'd all assumed they'd just forgotten to process the rejection months before.
chapmouse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi guys, I sent my application off on the 7th of this month, but it took my college until the 15th to actually send my application off, because they are slackers.
I'm applying for/at :
Physics with Astrophysics - Bristol
Astronomy and Physics - Glasgow
Physics with Astrophysics - Sheffield
Astrophysics - Edinburgh
Astrophysics - St. Andrews

St. Andrews is my first choice, but I don't think I have a shot at getting an offer. I've basically always wanted to go there and I guess I thought that I'd have an even smaller chance of getting in if I didn't apply at all.
I'm so nervous about everywhere, I just want an offer already!
Since my application was sent off at the oxbridge deadline, it'll take everyone a lot longer than normal to reply to me; at least that's what im telling myself...
Changing Skies
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It certainly is. My son got his first choice offer on May 8th (last date in that particular year) after we'd all assumed they'd just forgotten to process the rejection months before.
Oh wow! That must have been tough for you all, not knowing where he stood for so long! But what a lovely (and shocking) surprise it must have been in the end
Studentmum25
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
My son sent his in sept Oxford, Southampton, Cardiff, Warwick and Birmingham. Offers for Southampton and Cardiff so far. History. Really wants Warwick.
F1's Finest
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good luck folkes, I remember how exciting and stressful the UCAS application period was for me, just stay calm and just focus on your revision and studies. Let the interviews and offers flow in at the right time
Carnationlilyrose
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh wow! That must have been tough for you all, not knowing where he stood for so long! But what a lovely (and shocking) surprise it must have been in the end
Yes, it was great. Magical moment. So the lesson for you is, don't believe it's game over until you are definitely told it is, however long the wait is.
naomicutler
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All I will say to everyone commenting on this thread is to not rush to send off your UCAS application, make sure your personal statement and your choices are 100% before you do. I know you're all eager to get offers (I was the same, checking my emails every half hour haha), but you have until January to get it sent off, so don't panic, because personal statements are pretty important so you want to make sure it's your best Good luck!
boateng
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by James A)
Good luck folkes, I remember how exciting and stressful the UCAS application period was for me, just stay calm and just focus on your revision and studies. Let the interviews and offers flow in at the right time
my teacher always says this

even if you dont get the offers, if you do really well there is always clearing
Kateeeee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by corax)
Ah I get what you mean that's how I felt when I visited Queen Mary back in September when I was thinking of doing English.

Mm perhaps! And well I still need to send mine to college so they can add the reference :/ I know I should really do it soon!

Are you studying Sociology now btw at A level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just really annoying and pushy to my tutor to get it done which seemed to work. She understood though because she knows I wanted it off early.
and yes I study Sociology, absolutely love it! We're currently studying religion and beliefs, do you do it at A level too?
WestCountryLaLa
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sent application today to uni's! Even got an offer within 20 minutes!

Anglia Ruskin University (Chelmsford) - Law - Considering
University of Northampton - Law - Considering
Nottingham Trent University - Law - Considering
Southampton Solent University - Law - Considering
Staffordshire University - Law - Conditional Offer
corax
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kateeeee)
I was just really annoying and pushy to my tutor to get it done which seemed to work. She understood though because she knows I wanted it off early.
and yes I study Sociology, absolutely love it! We're currently studying religion and beliefs, do you do it at A level too?
Nope I don't, but I really think I'm going to like it :bigsmile: I study Politics now though and I really like it when we look at the social aspects of a topic.
Kateeeee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by corax)
Nope I don't, but I really think I'm going to like it :bigsmile: I study Politics now though and I really like it when we look at the social aspects of a topic.
Ah yes, Politics and Sociology go hand in hand! it also gives you a perspective on society which I struggled to have before A-levels
What grades have you been predicted? If you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
corax
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kateeeee)
Ah yes, Politics and Sociology go hand in hand! it also gives you a perspective on society which I struggled to have before A-levels
What grades have you been predicted? If you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
A* in Photography, A in English Lit+Lang and A/B in Politics, and I'm doing General Studies as well, which Lancaster Uni actually accept!

What about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?