Women (76)
55.07%
vendettax
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
I did read the thread, but I don't agree.

Men have life far easier.
Great argument.
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by vendettax)
Great argument.
Thanks!! :bigsmile: Sometimes I amaze myself with my fantabulous argumenting skills
vendettax
Rep:
?
Thanks!! :bigsmile: Sometimes I amaze myself with my fantabulous argumenting skills
I note the sarcasm. I'm just gonna assume the whole men being more privileged than females nowadays was sarcasm too.
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
I note the sarcasm. I'm just gonna assume the whole men being more privileged than females nowadays was sarcasm too.
Nah, that bit wasn't sarcasm.

I think men have more benefits than women.
vendettax
Rep:
?
Nah, that bit wasn't sarcasm.

Most people gladly disagree.

No wonder you were banned.
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago

:nothing:

I'm allowed my opinion.
mimi112
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

her opinion does not need a reasoning, it is based on feelings, not facts.
danny111
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol at all those butthurt males.

Losers.
yesiwasdrunk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)

And for people who say "oh I'm a single parent, I don't need no man" just consider where any benefits that you might receive may come from. Tax payers, the highest of which are men.
(Original post by mimi112)
in the western world, of course it's women , not even close.

- the welfare state is pretty much a transfer of money from men to women since men pay by far most of the taxes and women get most of the rewards
- women are not expected to fight or die in wars
ever considered the actual question of why men pay the highest taxes? because they earn more. because of the pay gap. women pay less taxes because they are less privileged, not more. taxes are charged according to income, women get paid less to do the same job as shown by countless studies. you need to think about the why behind stats like that.

also this is the 21st century, women are in the army. they do fight in wars and they do die in wars. even if they weren't in the army are you trying to suggest no female civilian has ever died alongside her male counterparts as a bystander to conflict?
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.singularity2050.com/the-misandry-bubble/

A good read.
Dungarees
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whatever the opinion TSR seems to have on feminists, at least a large percentage of their threads go along the lines of 'women are facing x problem eg rape. let's sympathise/ campaign.'

Threads like these though, full of bitter anti feminists, never actually seem to try to address the issues men face. And no one would dispute that men face issues. The trouble is that I suspect a large proportion of these posters don't actually give a damn about helping men, they just want an excuse to ***** about women and how they have it so much easier and so of course feminism should be completely disbanded. Imagine going on to a lung cancer thread and then making it completely about bowel cancer and acting as if it's sick to only campaign about one. Every feminist thread on here seems to be hijacked by people insisting that men have issues too.

We know. And we would wholeheartedly support a thread that managed to campaign against them without trivialising women's issues. Why do so so many people seem to think that you need to act like women have no problems and countless 'privileges' to make a point about say male suicide? Why try to make it into a discrimination competition? Unless their motives aren't as pure as they'd like people to think.
MJ1012
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nah, that bit wasn't sarcasm.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Why?
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MJ1012)
<br />
<br />
Why?
They don't have to deal with the expectations of them that females have: to look perfect :rolleyes:
username1214428
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Men overall especially in developing countries but women in most Western countries.
MJ1012
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They don't have to deal with the expectations of them that females have: to look perfect :rolleyes:
<br />
<br />
Oh, so you mean no good reason?
Maid Marian
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MJ1012)
<br />
<br />
Oh, so you mean no good reason?
:lolwut: That's a perfectly valid and highly important reason, IMO.
MJ1012
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
:lolwut: That's a perfectly valid and highly important reason, IMO.
<br />
<br />
you don't think men have to deal with the same thing? You are on TSR a lot, how many threads have you seen about guys insecure about their looks due to social pressures. Both genders want to look perfect. Open your eyes next time your in a shopping centre and look at the male models, hollister bags, magazines etc.
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're talking about the world in general, definitely men. Most traditional cultures are extremely misogynistic; Western culture is a rare exception which is one reason it should be promoted as an example of women's liberation worldwide.

In the West, women have equal rights, due mainly to decades of struggle in the past century. Feminism now should target non-Western cultures which also need changing.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mimi112)
women can choose the same careers as men (there are women surgeons, ceo's, pilots, pretty much anything etc), nobody is stopping them.

HP , IBM, PepsiCo, Lockheed Martin, Xerox and Yahoo all have women ceo's.

most women do not want to work 70hr weeks, do overtime, work weekends just to get ahead in the corporate world. they'd rather have more family and friends time and they choose their degrees then later jobs as something they enjoy doing, not as a quest for more money and corporate status. and that's fine with them, because society says it's ok. they are not expected to provide or gain status.

- carrying children and health issues are part of biology and have nothing to do with social privileges
You've chosen to highlight those few large corporations who have women CEOs - the overwhelming majority of board-level directors of big companies are men and it's even rarer to have women running medium companies. Smaller businesses have more women, but they of course generally pay less.

You are also focusing on women in the west, the companies you mentioned are all US corporations - women have made more progress in the US than in many other countries. Across a vast region of the world, the economic and social position of women is very poor comparatively.
Rational Thinker
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That's not even true.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads