Help, Muslim Asian family and don't know what to do! Watch

sarahlikesgrapes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Schap)
You should seek protection from your local police and/social services. You are in danger of being murdered by your family

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well that's really not helpful at all is it, he's already pretty confused/scared about everything
anwarpwnsall
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Sent my UCAS off, wish me luck
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by anwarpwnsall)
Sent my UCAS off, wish me luck
I am guessing you applied for Geography.

What's the family situation?
Per
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Quite unfortunate that some young people are subjected to this nowadays. Never ever ever do a course you don't want to do just because you're parents want you doing it. My situation is different to yours but similar in that I really needed the independence that moving away to uni gave me to live how I wanted to. My parents never forced me into anything in fact quite the opposite, they were indifferent to what I wanted to do/be and didn't give me much guidance or encouragement. My home life was terrible too but i won't go into that,I just want to tell you how different life can be when you move out. I'm now living near London at uni and everything's great. I do have to work part time to support myself though (even the full maintenance grant and loan leaves you out of pocket these days), it's not a job I love but it beats staying at home.
I would say you should take some time to be certain what you want to do at uni, a lot of people feel rushed into choosing in college and make the wrong decision. Once you know for certain you should research your best options for studying that subject, and apply to those universities. If you are having a hard time with your family you should tell someone at your college and ask if they have a counselling service, this can be very helpful in hard times. I'm sure your family know that you love them but you should do what will make you happy. Best of luck.
qr95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tell your parents the university they wanted you to go rejected you, but the other one accepted you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anwarpwnsall
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Family situation is...awkward. My parents keep saying "let's look at your UCAS so you're not applying to anywhere too far and applying for the right course" but I keep saying I will fill it in later (delaying tactic you see). But yes I have applied for Geography, fingers crossed, 3 UoL universities too! Wish me luck!
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by anwarpwnsall)
Family situation is...awkward. My parents keep saying "let's look at your UCAS so you're not applying to anywhere too far and applying for the right course" but I keep saying I will fill it in later (delaying tactic you see). But yes I have applied for Geography, fingers crossed, 3 UoL universities too! Wish me luck!
Indeed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (390)
45.99%
Not feeling great about that exam... (157)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (110)
12.97%

Watched Threads