Immigrants vs Immigrants Watch

Alpha brah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Le-JokerFr)
You are à British citizen, you are British.
English ??...probably not.

You can also claim to be British as you were born and raised in England, but English is not a nationality, British is. If you are a citizen of India then you can say with confidence that you are Indian. If not a citizen, then it's probably more accurate to describe yourself as being of Indian descent.

As you or your parents come from India for you to say you are English would be an insult (just the same as if I were to call you a wog or Paki (no racism intended)), I understand why you consider such words offencive therefore you must understand that trying to steal our identity is just as offencive to the English.

As within Britain I identify myself as English rather than British - I don't relate to Scots or Welsh the way I relate to the English. But then I don't have anything against non-English Britons.

English = born and bred in England.
British = Could be either English, Scottish, Welsh or N. Irish or someone who holds a British passport through entitlement.

I am British English.
:rofl:

Some things don't even need a counter-argument. Quiet kiddy, the adults are talking :fyi:
Le-JokerFr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Alpha brah)
:rofl:

Unfunny racist trolling again? Quiet kiddy, the adults are talking :fyi:
I'm not racist,and I'm not a troll

Truth hurts
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

You can also claim to be British as you were born and raised in England, but English is not a nationality, British is. If you are a citizen of India then you can say with confidence that you are Indian. If not a citizen, then it's probably more accurate to describe yourself as being of Indian descent.

As you or your parents come from India for you to say you are English would be an insult (just the same as if I were to call you a wog or Paki (no racism intended)), I understand why you consider such words offencive therefore you must understand that trying to steal our identity is just as offencive to the English.

As within Britain I identify myself as English rather than British - I don't relate to Scots or Welsh the way I relate to the English. But then I don't have anything against non-English Britons.

English = born and bred in England.
British = Could be either English, Scottish, Welsh or N. Irish or someone who holds a British passport through entitlement.

I am British English.
I...I don't understand how this is the same thing at all.
frogs r everywhere
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

This, my friend, is such a foolish argument.

EDIT: Offencive? Well he got banned, so it doesn't really matter now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (536)
26.39%
The paper was reasonable (884)
43.53%
Not feeling great about that exam (397)
19.55%
It was TERRIBLE (214)
10.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise