Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Why don't we address the fact that the quality of foreign language teaching in schools in Britain is abysmal? If we could speak foreign languages with more confidence then British students would feel more comfortable studying abroad. Languages are seriously undervalued here.

London is a very diverse city though, and it stands to reason that they'd have more non-British students than elsewhere. But anyway, I'm British, and I'm at uni, I don't exactly feel like an endangered species.
    I am british and I can speak 5 languages including french fluentely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le-JokerFr)
    Where do you see racism?

Truth hurts
    Everywhere in your and that other idiot's posts. You're basically saying that we whites shouldn't mix with "the other races" in order to "preserve our heritage", that those other races should just fück off back to where they came from after they're done studying here, etc. You're literally millimetres away from saying that we should reinstate some form of apartheid.

"Truth hurts"... oh, you sad, sad little person.

Just because something is "traditional" doesn't mean it's GOOD. Women, by "tradition," aren't allowed to vote, work, or go to university. Are you saying we should go back to that, in the name of "preserving our historical cultural identity and heritage"?

Should we go back to slavery also, because that's all very traditional? And hangings? And workhouses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyWill)
    I attend a top 10 ranked University in London - which I love. However, on the first day of my induction they asked us to raise our hands if we were from the UK. Out of 300ish people that were there only an EIGHTH had their hands raised. There was an uncomfortable laughter as the lecturers went on to talk about how multi-multiculturalism is vital for the UK.

I couldn't help but think why top Universities are rejecting good British students in favour for those overseas or in Europe. The obvious answer is financially, but surely it makes sense to educate your own before educating others?

I'm interested to know what people think on this.
    Possibly biggest generalization I've heard. This reflects your Uni, maybe just your course, not every Uni,

ReputationRep:
    International students usually have to do 4 years instead of 3 also because of language requirements.

total bull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    People don't just scream racism when they are running out of arguments. They scream racism when you are blatantly being racist.
    This. And the guy you just quoted posted on another thread that "Indian girls have BO and smell of curry" - hardly one to define what constitutes racism. :rolleyes:

Ah well, the BNP needs a few supporters eh?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you're so superior

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    Everywhere in your and that other idiot's posts. You're basically saying that we whites shouldn't mix with "the other races" in order to "preserve our heritage", that those other races should just fück off back to where they came from after they're done studying here, etc. You're literally millimetres away from saying that we should reinstate some form of apartheid.

Just because something is "traditional" doesn't mean it's GOOD. Women, by "tradition," aren't allowed to vote, work, or go to university. Are you saying we should go back to that, in the name of "preserving our historical cultural identity and heritage"?

Should we go back to slavery also, because that's all very traditional? And hangings? And workhouses?
    ROFL I never said that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)

By saying "Truth hurts," he's basically saying "OMG how much I long for the good old days when people could air their racist views, OMG how dare ppl call me out on my racism, OMG 111 i am rite bcoz slavery used to exist! 1."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha brah)
    This. And the guy you just quoted posted on another thread that "Indian girls have BO and smell of curry" - hardly one to define what constitutes racism. :rolleyes:

Ah well, the BNP needs a few supporters eh?
    Ah, but wait, if you call him out on that Indian girls comment, he'll just say that he was joking... what a lad! Such banter! :cool:

Haha, I was wondering where they all came from. Clearly TSR is a breeding ground.

ReputationRep:
    ROFL I never said that
    Right. And what did you say, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyWill)
    I attend a top 10 ranked University in London - which I love. However, on the first day of my induction they asked us to raise our hands if we were from the UK. Out of 300ish people that were there only an EIGHTH had their hands raised. There was an uncomfortable laughter as the lecturers went on to talk about how multi-multiculturalism is vital for the UK.

I couldn't help but think why top Universities are rejecting good British students in favour for those overseas or in Europe. The obvious answer is financially, but surely it makes sense to educate your own before educating others?

I'm interested to know what people think on this.
    You're in the top 10 with grammar like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha brah)
    By saying "Truth hurts," he's basically saying "OMG how much I long for the good old days when people could air their racist views, OMG how dare ppl call me out on my racism, OMG 111 i am rite bcoz slavery used to exist! 1."
    Hum your the guy that pretend to be a girl and call everyone that don't share your views a 'racist or a troll' when you can't argue the facts.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorB)
    International students usually have to do 4 years instead of 3 also because of language requirements.

total bull.
    How is it bull? If you wanted to study in Germany or China or something, wouldn't you appreciate some sort of "foundation year" in order to make sure your language standards were appropriate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    Ah, but wait, if you call him out on that Indian girls comment, he'll just say that he was joking... what a lad! Such banter! :cool:

Haha, I was wondering where they all came from. Clearly TSR is a breeding ground.
    Unfortunately, though TSR provides some great debate, it does (as with all forums, really) have its share of the socially inept and retarded butthurt people who feel the need to climb to the top of their (perceived) soapbox on here and shout about The Evil PC Liberals and The Good Old Days When Sexism And Racism Were Acceptable because they're scared of getting fired from their dead-end job if they aired those disgusting views in real life.

:fyi:

ReputationRep:
    Hum your the guy that pretend to be a girl and call everyone that don't share your views a 'racist or a troll' when you can't argue the facts.....
    What facts?

ReputationRep:
    European Union . Officialy, EU applicants are counted as UK applicants

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying nobody can speak languages, but the amount of funding and attention paid to it at school is really low. Nobody took German for Advanced Higher at my school, including me, I'm sad to say, I needed my sciences. But heaps of people didn't even take it past second year, they just quit when they were about 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdampskiB)
    You're in the top 10 with grammer like that?
    Always funny when someone tells someone off for incorrect grammar/spelling and makes a grammar/spelling mistake whilst doing so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Катя)
    Right. And what did you say, then?
    He did - do you want me to screenshot the post report? :rofl: I reported it and the post got deleted, btw. Not only racist but also a liar! Such a quality person. Really, 10/10 for being someone of value. *le sarcasm*

ReputationRep:
    I'm not intimidated
    If muslims can't have a debate without 'screaming racism' leave the theread please....

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.