Most Emotional Video game deaths. Watch

NathanW18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by desdemonata)
Oh my god :rofl:

I actually just can't get past that video :toofunny: Have you seen the ME Gamerpoop and Legion and Friends by Phunnyneon? Could waste all day watching ME parody vids :giggle:

I've replayed so many times. I played ME2 2-3 times, then got ME1, played that twice and imported my character through to ME2 again, then played ME3 once before raging a bit and then importing my character again... mainly to get Wrex

Jack's a badass. But I remember how pissed off I was the first couple of times I played ME2 and I kept losing Miranda's or Jack's loyalty, and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong :argh:
I've only ever romanced Garrus (and accidentally Kaidan :nothing:)
I don't think I've seen that video. I have seen a few of parody one's, but not that one. I will look for it!

I'm a little embarrassed to say how many times I've played each game.

I've played ME1 5 times. I'm not the biggest fan of the first game, because I don't enjoy the combat, but the story is very good. The combat and the similar maps in all of the side quests ruin the game a little for me. I have played ME2 9 times. My favourite of the series. I had to experience it with every class and then some. I've only played ME3 through 3 times. The combat in that game is the best of the three, but it's quite a bit easier than the first two. Especially ME2. I also played a hell of a lot of the multiplayer in ME3. I thought I would hate it, but I ended up really enjoying it.

Wrex is also an awesome character. I wish we could have had him back in ME3 as a squad mate, but I guess he had his job cut out leading the Krogan army.

That happened to me on my first playthrough. I lost Miranda's loyalty, because her point of view in their big argument is stupid. You side with Jack and she refuses to talk to you throughout the rest of the game. It's the first time I had played the series and I didn't understand how the paragon/renegade points worked properly.

I pretty much always romance Liara. She's my favourite LI.
desdemonata
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by NathanW18)
I don't think I've seen that video. I have seen a few of parody one's, but not that one. I will look for it!

I'm a little embarrassed to say how many times I've played each game.

I've played ME1 5 times. I'm not the biggest fan of the first game, because I don't enjoy the combat, but the story is very good. The combat and the similar maps in all of the side quests ruin the game a little for me. I have played ME2 9 times. My favourite of the series. I had to experience it with every class and then some. I've only played ME3 through 3 times. The combat in that game is the best of the three, but it's quite a bit easier than the first two. Especially ME2. I also played a hell of a lot of the multiplayer in ME3. I thought I would hate it, but I ended up really enjoying it.

Wrex is also an awesome character. I wish we could have had him back in ME3 as a squad mate, but I guess he had his job cut out leading the Krogan army.

That happened to me on my first playthrough. I lost Miranda's loyalty, because her point of view in their big argument is stupid. You side with Jack and she refuses to talk to you throughout the rest of the game. It's the first time I had played the series and I didn't understand how the paragon/renegade points worked properly.

I pretty much always romance Liara. She's my favourite LI.
They're too separate things Gamerpoop has also done Skyrim. Phunnyneon has only really done one long vid (Legion and Friends) which has 500.000 views or something crazy.

To be fair, my xbox lives with my parents in Spain, so since last year I've only had access to it for a couple of weeks at Xmas and Easter, and a month during the summer During my time at home I tend to cram in playing as many different games as possible If I had access to an Xbox all the time, undoubtedly I would have played through as much as you have, so no need to be embarrassed
I agree with your analysis Which class do you prefer? I experimented with a few, and my character imported from 1-2-3 ended up being an Adept. The way levelling up points worked definitely improved in 2, generally prefer most of the gameplay from that one. I did find some parts of ME3 more challenging though - in London I really did end up dying a LOT (Banshees are horrible).

What armour did you have in ME3 btw? I had the blood dragon one Seemed appropriate as I've also played Dragon Age. And apart from the weird helmet, it looked cool.

I was over the last bar in Paragon and I still didn't have access to the Paragon option. That pissed me off so much, so the next playthrough I made sure to do Jack's last and have 100% bloody Paragon, and it still didn't work. Then I grumbled and looked it up on the Internet and got it right the third time :lol:

I can't pick a favourite female, I only know who I don't like (Ashley cough cough). My only real preference is Garrus
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Steve when he gets blown up by a creeper
NathanW18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They're too separate things Gamerpoop has also done Skyrim. Phunnyneon has only really done one long vid (Legion and Friends) which has 500.000 views or something crazy.
Not sure how I didn't realise they were two different things.

I'll give them both a watch.

To be fair, my xbox lives with my parents in Spain, so since last year I've only had access to it for a couple of weeks at Xmas and Easter, and a month during the summer During my time at home I tend to cram in playing as many different games as possible If I had access to an Xbox all the time, undoubtedly I would have played through as much as you have, so no need to be embarrassed
That makes me feel a little better.

I think about all the time I've 'wasted' playing this series, but it was so fun and the games are amazing. Instead of working harder while I was still studying, I was playing Mass Effect!

I agree with your analysis Which class do you prefer? I experimented with a few, and my character imported from 1-2-3 ended up being an Adept. The way levelling up points worked definitely improved in 2, generally prefer most of the gameplay from that one. I did find some parts of ME3 more challenging though - in London I really did end up dying a LOT (Banshees are horrible).
In ME1, I did a Soldier, Adept and Engineer playthrough. The Adept is really fun and probably my favourite, but pretty OP. Singularity destroys everything. When you have it maxed out, the radius is crazy! The soldier class has Immunity, so it's really hard to die with that. The enemies spam Immunity, too, so you spend ages trying to kill one guy.

In ME2, the easiest is definitely the Soldier class. That has Adrenaline Rush and it makes it makes almost all of the fights a lot simpler, but my favourite was probably the Engineer. Especially against Geth. I love hacking them. The Adept is the hardest class to play in ME2. Well, it is if you play on hardcore or insanity. Every enemy has armour, shields or barriers, so biotics aren't as powerful. I guess they didn't like how OP biotics were in ME1, but they gimped them too much.

In ME3, I played as the Soldier, Sentinel and Adept. I love biotics in ME3, but they're really OP again. I still get so much satisfaction out of setting off a lot of biotic explosions.

London is one of the harder missions in ME3. I guess you died at the bit when Shepard has to hold the line while the rocket is being charged up? I don't even try fighting much at that bit. I just run around and wait for EDI to say it's ready to fire. The Grissom Academy mission is pretty tough as well. When you meet Jack and the students, they stay up top and you fight Cerberus around the edges of the map. They flank you quite a lot. I also raged so hard at the end of Cerberus HQ. The fight against Kai Leng with the Solder class was the most ragey thing ever.

Overall, I'd say that the Adept is also my favourite class in the series. In ME3, you can play the Adept and not shoot much at all. It makes Mass Effect different to other games.

What armour did you have in ME3 btw? I had the blood dragon one Seemed appropriate as I've also played Dragon Age. And apart from the weird helmet, it looked cool.
The Blood Dragon armour is cool, but I didn't like how Shepard never took the helmet off during cutscenes. I used to use the basic armour and just buy the upgrades in the store for it.

Which guns do you prefer?

I was over the last bar in Paragon and I still didn't have access to the Paragon option. That pissed me off so much, so the next playthrough I made sure to do Jack's last and have 100% bloody Paragon, and it still didn't work. Then I grumbled and looked it up on the Internet and got it right the third time :lol:
Haha, I looked it up on the internet as well, but after my first playthrough. I wanted my second playthrough to be 'perfect', because you need to keep everyone loyal and alive through the suicide mission to get a couple of the trophies/achievements.

When I played paragon, I also used to leave the Miranda-Jack fight until the end. Made it a lot easier to have enough points to deal with the fight. I think ME3 handled the paragon/renegade points a lot better than ME2.

I can't pick a favourite female, I only know who I don't like (Ashley cough cough). My only real preference is Garrus
Garrus ftw!

Is Garrus your favourite overall character?

Sorry for derailing this thread quite a lot, people!
vespa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
garrus is okay.

wrex 4lyf tho

ALSO

saddest game death: gray fox.
hoodie_allen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
your family in Assassins Creed II, I must have been about 13 when I played that and I remember being so mad at that Uberto Alberti dude :unimpressed:
GunslingerZearon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
angel in borderlands 2, just hearing her cries of pain as you destroy her eridium injectors, i hated it
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mordin Solus, Legion and Thane had good deaths.

The best death has got to be Eli Vance from Half Life 2: Episode 2

Right at the end after a huge victory, you are forced to watch completely helpless as Vance has his brains sucked out, leaving his daughter to cry over his dead body as the credits start to roll.
Smash Bandicoot
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not many game deaths aside from obvious ones like Aeris in FFVII, but most of the 'separations' in the Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts series.

Spoiler:
Show

Ending of FFIX: when I was 11 I was never sure whether Zidane would get out of the Iifa Tree
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
(you are the Pokemon, at the end of the storyline you "leave" the Pokemon world and your partner cries)
Cll_ws
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Although I'm sure I've witnessed many emotional virtual deaths, one of the few that sticks with me is Aerith's death in FFVII. A fairly obvious choice. But to still remember it 15/16 years on after first playing it, it must have been a good one.
__Adam__
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Since the obvious one is FFVII, I'm going to mention FFV with Galuf. Surprisingly, the other main characters actually try to use Phoenix Down/Raise on him, unlike in FFVII (It doesn't work).
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by REASON_Lighters)
Soap mw3 dont deny it guys
Soaps death wasn't particularly sad. If anything, it was milked somewhat.

Ghost's death in MW2 was more emotional. Maybe that was just some Hans Zimmer effect too though! Plus, the ending in Modern Warfare on the bridge, when you're dropping like flies.
GunslingerZearon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Xion's death in kingdom hearts literally made me cry
junayds123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
YES it DID, Untill riku beat up roxas ...OMG>>>
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
SHAUUUUUN
vis break
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Goofy in Kingdom Hearts ;(

But he does come back, so its k
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vis break)
Goofy in Kingdom Hearts ;(

But he does come back, so its k
Oh that was so sad I almost cried, both when he was 'dead' and when he came back! Someone did a parody version http://prozdvoices.tumblr.com/post/1...ther-could-you
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid 4, dat 30 minute cutscene :cry2:
katbob
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
metal gear solid 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (1)
14.29%
The paper was reasonable (4)
57.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (1)
14.29%
It was TERRIBLE (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed