Women who swear turn off ,turn on or not bothered ? Watch

theoferdinand
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by IlexBlue)
I think you'll find I'll do it when and where I please, "rules" aside.
Manners
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PeaceTreaty)
What part of "constantly" is too hard to grasp? The comedy with "swearing" was in context as well. I'm talking about people how swear every other sentence without reason, that's just stupid and annoying.
Full marks for being patronising. I was using that video to highlight how swearing isn't correlated with a lack of intelligence.
TonksLupin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't really notice to a great extent when someone of either gender swears in conversation/frustration/other applicable situation unless it is nearly every word or used in an especially violent manner. I do have a little thing for guys using swear words emphatically but sparingly..just an exasperated /frustrate 'F*** .. no idea why that is.
PeaceTreaty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
Full marks for being patronising. I was using that video to highlight how swearing isn't correlated with a lack of intelligence.
I never said swearing did, I said constantly swearing did.
aspirinpharmacist
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by PeaceTreaty)
I never said swearing did, I said constantly swearing did.
Not necessarily. I know some very intelligent people who are incredibly foul-mouthed.
PeaceTreaty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
Not necessarily. I know some very intelligent people who are incredibly foul-mouthed.
There's always exceptions but that doesn't mean there isn't a correlation.
Shazzarr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theoferdinand)
You can't tell the difference between pakistanis and polish people ?
Around where I live they all look the same :confused: There's way too many different nationalities- I can't keep up with them all
TheOriginalAng
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I swear too much when speaking to friends, I think it's RoosterTeeth

I don't find it a turn off for a woman to swear (so long as she doesn't do it constantly) but I'm more attracted to those who don't. So it's not about swearing lowering a person but rather not swearing elevating them in terms of attractiveness. Guys doing it makes no difference to me because I'm not attracted to them
canadamoose
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as it doesn't appear in every sentence, I don't see the issue. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone who swore like a sailor, nor would I be interested as Scarface as a romantic partner. Why? Because if you can't get your point across without using a word that would get bleeped on television, you're not someone I'd like to speak with. I value a good conversation, and while a good conversation can contain an occasional dropped f-bomb, I don't see why it needs to be constantly present.

There are a few swear words I use on occasion, but I certainly don't say them to give off any sort of "cool" or "desirable" personality. I simply say the words because they express how I currently feel about a situation or person. But overuse of the swear words would be like continually saying that you're "really great". Saying it 50 times a day makes the phrase lose its effect and meaning and people stop taking you seriously.
rachiriot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't really care, it's just words! I wouldn't consider it a turn on or turn off.
Razzamoly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't mind every so often. I tend to get annoyed when people can't make a go through a sentence without dropping a ****ing swearword though...
BttrLtThnNvr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
add it to the list with

women who spit in public and women who smoke, i hate it

(although being weed smoker myself its hypocritical) i just hate to see a girl smoking away on a cigarette
Alpha brah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I find men who swear less attractive TBH. The occasional swear word when one's angry is understandable, though. I'd rather have a guy who did that than one who was too casual and laid-back about serious problems.
username945458
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't like it when people swear for like no reason other than the fact they can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (67)
21.68%
The paper was reasonable (136)
44.01%
Not feeling great about that exam... (56)
18.12%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
16.18%

Watched Threads