Turn on thread page Beta

What milk do you drink? watch

• View Poll Results: What kind of milk do you drink?
    Full fat
    25.14%
    Semi-skimmed
    51.37%
    Skimmed
    12.02%
    Other
    11.48%

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha brah)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFDqW0Nfo2k
    I'd have thought an alpha brah such as yourself would go for:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)

My mum is type 1 and she makes a face if she's offered anything but full fat milk. Then again she's extremely strict on having diet drinks (never had non diet until I was a teenager because she didn't buy something she couldn't drink) and chocolate bars, whereas other diabetics I know are allowed these, so maybe full fat milk is her one concession.
    Yes, there are things diabetics can't cut out, especially if its something you been brought up with. When I were a kid I used to drink full coke, but when I got diagnosed I got switched onto diet and I know I cringe at full coke, but I do love having slushi. Technically, you can have whatever you want, but the trick is moderation and to make sure you correct for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphodromantis)
    Yes, there are things diabetics can't cut out, especially if its something you been brought up with. When I were a kid I used to drink full coke, but when I got diagnosed I got switched onto diet and I know I cringe at full coke, but I do love having slushi. Technically, you can have whatever you want, but the trick is moderation and to make sure you correct for it.
    My mum stared at my friend in shock when, just after he got diagnosed, he was drinking full coke. He was told it was fine. My mum says she's not able to. Moderation is definitely the key for it, and she's very good at getting everything right (after over 25 years, you'd expect her to be!). Only thing I've ever seen her want that she says she's definitely not allowed is honey. She gets all nostalgic when she talks about honey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    I'd have thought an alpha brah such as yourself would go for:

Never heard that version before, alpha as fuarkkkk tho +repped, cheers sis :cool:

ReputationRep:
    FULL FAT

all bout dem gainz son

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=syrettd;45227355]I don't think it was this, I remember them being very serious about it. Or maybe I'm wrong. I'm gonna watch that episode and see

/QUOTE]

Let me know if it is, that episode was funny as hell.

ReputationRep:
    semi-skimmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    FULL FAT

all bout dem gainz son
    Bustin' all kinds of nuts inside that milk, deep inside... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Green top all the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NaomiMG)
    Full fat- I've drunk it since I was a kid and anything else tastes too bland for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you like your furry arteries then?

ReputationRep:
    Green

ReputationRep:
    Whatever's in the fridge tbh

ReputationRep:
    Almond. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    da green 1

ReputationRep:
    Skimmed - dont like the richness/taste of cream in full fat, plus less calories and higher calcium than semi skimmed.

I also love hazelnut or almond milk. Mums a vegan (I generally avoid dairy), even more calcium, less calories, more protein and less sugar, and it tastes awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-Dog)
    Do you like your furry arteries then?
    Yep
    can't have arteries being anything else

ReputationRep:
    Breast milk.

ReputationRep:
    Semi-skimmed.

ReputationRep:
    Almond milk, if I can, but my parents usually buy semi-skimmed so I just drink that.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.