Dr Who at 50! Can't wait for the special! Watch

Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by The Polymath)
Possibly, but I haven't checked since I don't have a TV.
This is one heck of a time not to have a TV. :console:
The Polymath
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
This is one heck of a time not to have a TV. :console:
Which is why I was up last night trying to find a proxy :yes: Only when I was sure I would be able to watch it live on BBC One was I finally able to sleep :yep:
snowyowl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah, I also vaguely remember UK Gold and seeing episodes on it! I was lucky though because my Dad has just bought every DVD as it came out and has a big library of them, so I can just browse them when at his house. There's a lot of real gems in the backlist, they aren't all just wobbly scenery and naff monsters, there are some really strong, powerful stories amidst the silliness.
I'd love to own all of those DVDs but I just don't have the money :sad:

There were! I remember as a child loving Sarah Jane Smith and Romana - strong independent women who didn't take nobody's crap
BeachTrawler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm on tenterhooks!! My sisters going to the cinema to watch the special, I'm just watching it from home
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
(Original post by snowyowl)
I'd love to own all of those DVDs but I just don't have the money :sad:

There were! I remember as a child loving Sarah Jane Smith and Romana - strong independent women who didn't take nobody's crap
Yes, totally! Lalla Ward as Romana was kind of my role model when I was about 10 and saw those episodes - she was so intelligent and in charge and she didn't let the Doctor just boss her around. She married Richard Dawkins who I also admire, I always wonder how they get on together! :cool:
snowyowl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes, totally! Lalla Ward as Romana was kind of my role model when I was about 10 and saw those episodes - she was so intelligent and in charge and she didn't let the Doctor just boss her around. She married Richard Dawkins who I also admire, I always wonder how they get on together! :cool:
She did? I had no idea :eek:
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
She did? I had no idea :eek:
She was married to Tom Baker briefly as well! Real life echoing art!

I think for a long time I hoped I would one day be invited to a party or lunch at Chez Dawkins, so I could hear what they talk about! :lol:
snowyowl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
She was married to Tom Baker briefly as well! Real life echoing art!

I think for a long time I hoped I would one day be invited to a party or lunch at Chez Dawkins, so I could hear what they talk about! :lol:
I knew about being married to Tom Baker, I thought it was sweet :love:

Haha I can imagine! To be a fly on the wall...
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
I knew about being married to Tom Baker, I thought it was sweet :love:

Haha I can imagine! To be a fly on the wall...
In one or two of those episodes you can totally tell they were into each other. That one where the vampires are building a rocket, she is ALL over him and he is like "oh, I know babes, you're in love with me, I can handle it", haha.
snowyowl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In one or two of those episodes you can totally tell they were into each other. That one where the vampires are building a rocket, she is ALL over him and he is like "oh, I know babes, you're in love with me, I can handle it", haha.
:rofl: Not something I ever picked up on as a child to be honest :rofl:
snowdrop965479
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Really excited for "The Day of the Doctor." My childhood unfolding before my eyes!!! :nutcase:
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you can tell a lot in City of Death - the one set in Paris
SaFa1237
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
50 minutes to go!
Norin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Doctor who today 7:50pm BBC One, or in the cinemas for some of you!!!!!!!!!!!!
sosadsosad
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
So excited
marinajelly
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm going to die from excitement!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sesshomaru24U
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anybody know whether I can watch this live on my lap top without getting in trouble for not having a tv licence? Really want to watch this so badly because of the return of David Tennant. I'm at uni and use a vpn.
A-Dog
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by marinajelly)
I'm going to die from excitement!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
No you're not; You're going to die from a heart attack at the age of 76 from years of eating unhealthy snacks and cakes.
marinajelly
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by A-Dog)
No you're not; You're going to die from a heart attack at the age of 76 from years of eating unhealthily.
Wow that's nice...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pandora.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sesshomaru24U)
Does anybody know whether I can watch this live on my lap top without getting in trouble for not having a tv licence? Really want to watch this so badly because of the return of David Tennant. I'm at uni and use a vpn.
I don't know the ins and outs of it, but I don't think anyone will be able to tell. There's nothing anyone can really do, you should be fine. :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads