Turn on thread page Beta

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for? watch

• View Poll Results: Which of the two new console(s) are you buying?
    Neither
    26.06%
    PS4
    54.79%
    Xbox One
    17.55%
    Both
    1.60%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveDavids)
    May/June 2014 when both will be reduced in price I will purchase which ever system has more games that appeals to me.
    They aren't going to be reduced in price for a long time, definitely not 2014.
    If you're waiting for price drop, hope the xbox one fails early-ms will then drop the kinect, dropping the price (though I doubt this will happen any time soon).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Guv)
    It's amazing that when disagreed with, your logical conclusion is that said person just didn't read what was written and what they'd just commented on. There's no need to reiterate what happened as if it's a revelation. No one's jumping to your defence. I get you have self-esteem issues, but trust me, using the internet and denial to try and fix it doesn't work.
    It seems a lack reading comprehension is recurring theme in your comments..

I ask why I am wrong and instead of telling me, you carry on postulating about some superiority complex.

I get it though. Since I now reside in my parents basement with doritos littering the rolls of my flab, wearing my fedora, I must require validation from strangers on the internet about my ability to defend myself.

Carry on my wayward son. Carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buddy)
    It seems a lack reading comprehension is recurring theme in your comments..

I ask why I am wrong and instead of telling me, you carry on postulating about some superiority complex.

I get it though. Since I now reside in my parents basement with doritos littering the rolls of my flab, wearing my fedora, I must require validation from strangers on the internet about my ability to defend myself.

Carry on my wayward son. Carry on.
    Please stop. You're impressing no one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a-witty-name)
    Please stop. You're impressing no one.
    Since I've garnered the reputation of the ******* here apparently...... No

ReputationRep:
    Can we possibly get back to the OPs question? Although it seems a console vs console debate usually seems to spark off inane arguments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buddy)
    I've garnered the reputation of the ******* here apparently
    Must be a cospiracy. Everyone else but you is in the wrong. Yeah, that makes the most sense.

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit some of the xbox games do look very nice!

ReputationRep:
    I heard that xbox one has some problem with the CD/DVD Drive,I read it in BBC..I would go for ps4 *no doubt*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My budget doesn't really let me buy one. I got a PS3 and a functioning PC that'll have to suffice for now. Besides, most the new games being developed now is coming on current and next gen consoles anyway so i'll probebly save a little money by not buying them now. I might buy that steambox/steam machine/water boiler thingy valve is making but even that is a what if.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to sit on the fence until one of them offers me a reasonably priced wheel and F1 2014, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa are close to coming out I think.

If I were to buy right now, I'd go XBOne because of Forza.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only one out of over 70 people to say both? Obviously not right away, but I see no reason why I won't own both eventually.

ReputationRep:
    1. Exclusives? That's a weird point... considering Steam is the cheapest store going... AND PC has more exclusive games than Xbox and Playstation combined... don't give me that Halo and such bull****. Consoles get a single digit number of exclusives always.
    2. Check out custom build deals. They go beyond 8 gigs of ram for the same price of your precious 3rd gen £399-£499 boxes. Yes they really are PCs without the flexibility. I feel especially bad for Xbox considering they're not even focusing on games anymore and more about making an "entertainment system" jesus... PCs just do ten times more stuff more the same price, accept it.
    3. I simply stated my opinion on the thread. Deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Guv)
    I'm the only one out of over 70 people to say both? Obviously not right away, but I see no reason why I won't own both eventually.
    Yes.

Not everybody can afford to get both systems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    Yes.

Not everybody can afford to get both systems.
    He said "obviously not right away". Both systems will eventually cost the same as one system does now.

And in fact, everyone in this thread who didn't vote 'neither' (and more besides) CAN afford both, but choose not for various reasons. One reason is "I [believe I] can't afford both [yet I can afford to splash out for one at launch]"

ReputationRep:
    Definitely PS4

ReputationRep:
    Why get either, when desktop PCs are superior

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T^69)
    Why get either, when desktop PCs are superior
    Exclusives, accessibility and being able to play in bed.

ReputationRep:
    So i've had both now.

Hands down all round Xbox one wins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'm going to sit on the fence until one of them offers me a reasonably priced wheel and F1 2014, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa are close to coming out I think.

If I were to buy right now, I'd go XBOne because of Forza.
    Good call, picked up my xbox one two days ago. Amazing console!

Both the consoles are great dont get me wrong but kill zone what a let down on ps4 graphically beautiful, terrible game.

Forza on the other hand, totally crisp!!

P.S about the snap feature you hear both but you hear the tv more and then you can snap out to the game only. Its the best feature ever!!

ReputationRep:
    Neither, haven't got the time nor money

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.