Old People Being Racist! Watch

LeeABTV
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by CryptoidAlien)
Ok, so it's alright aslong as its not comming from the minority. But Islamism rising is relevant, even when people are being killed in broad daylight this year. With time, we are going to witness the biggest form of bigotry we've ever seen. The old racists wernt planting bombs, killing people in the name of Britain, holding rallys calling for the death of minorities. Not only that, but the effects of rising Islamism will take a toll on gays/lesbians and women. Things are only heading toward more fascism when Islamism rises, but you see time as an inprovement. The majority have improved over time, the islamist racism is only getting started. You'll see that in the next 50 years. Enjoy.
You've heard the famous saying, "First they came for the ___, and I said nothing, because I wasn't a _____." ?

Where that differs is that you underestimate the tolerance and strength of the British public. You think that if the Islamic community (a majoritably peaceful community, something lost on the many) ever tried to stage a Bolshevik-style uprising that there isn't enough people around to stop that?

Of course, you'll now hang yourself up on the peaceful comment of my last paragraph. "YEAH BUT THE KORAN SAYS THIS" yeah but The Bible says a whole lot of other ridiculous ****. The Bible says a whole lot of stuff that it's own Parish doesn't adhere to, so don't treat a Koran quote as "holy **** dude we found their bomb plans".

"The rise of Islamism will take a toll on gays/lesbians and women." - Really? You think after giving the right to vote to women and marriage to the LGBT community, they're gonna' take those back because of a couple of people with placards?

It must be awful to live in such constant fear, bro. This isn't just forum speak but damn, I genuinely feel sorry for you.
ChaosisaLadder
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by meenu89)
I know this lovely old man who out of habit more than anything, refers to people who are other than white as 'coloureds'. I don't think for one minute he is bring racist at all.
That's a problem of words becoming taboo that were once ok. My gran still says half-caste for instance no matter how many times I try and explain...
legendaryy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jjj90)
I just think... if you're disgusted at what a 96 year old woman think about race; somebody that was born during the first world war, somebody that will have been older than many people on this site before Martin Luther King was even born... you need to get a grip.
actually he doesn't need to get a grip. and in fact being disgusted is probably an apt response.. can't you see you've unknowingly listed a number of reasons as to why he should be disgusted? you would think that if a person were to live to 90+ years or so they would have experienced enough to come to the realisation that we are all human beings, and that our perceived differences are ignorant and have no concrete basis. she lived through TWO damn wars, and was an adult during the time of the civil rights movement yet still clings to such ideals! in the same way as it would be foolish to see the world at 60 as the way one saw it at 25, it would be even more foolish to have those same views at 96, regardless of the time she was brought up. 96 years of life, 96 years. tragic.
lubus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by legendaryy)
actually he doesn't need to get a grip. and in fact being disgusted is probably an apt response.. can't you see you've unknowingly listed a number of reasons as to why he should be disgusted? you would think that if a person were to live to 90+ years or so they would have experienced enough to come to the realisation that we are all human beings, and that our perceived differences are ignorant and have no concrete basis. she lived through TWO damn wars, and was an adult during the time of the civil rights movement yet still clings to such ideals! in the same way as it would be foolish to see the world at 60 as the way one saw it at 25, it would be even more foolish to have those same views at 96, regardless of the time she was brought up. 96 years of life, 96 years. tragic.
You also realise that at 96, she might know abit more about life than yourself? Someone born almost a century ago would remember the country before the massive influx of immigrants, and compare that with today. Perhaps instead of reciting your liberal mantra you should look past "racism" and consider why someone of 96 would hold those views.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (423)
30.28%
The paper was reasonable (551)
39.44%
Not feeling great about that exam... (239)
17.11%
It was TERRIBLE (184)
13.17%

Watched Threads