Turn on thread page Beta

Why are we seeing more spite toward British Troops then Terrorists? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    Nope, they just created Multiculturalism instead.
    Are you comparing multiculturalism to genocide...
    Multiculturalism certainly isn't a result of foreign armies invading GB. It is the handiwork of our own government. The wars caused people to flee and the British government welcomed these fleeing people into Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-Mudaari)
    1. Not the best source on the Taliban, as they could be mistaken for random bandits.

2. They were executed for spying (not exactly innocent). I'm sure you're aware of the consequences many nations adhere to when dealing with Spies.
    You show your absolutly abhorrant moral views by suggesting that a 10 year old should be executed for an unproven crime without trial, and in what was most likely a very inhumane way.

Not to mention the Taliban is not a nation, they consist of a few cowards hiding in caves in places like the swat valley, using fear, intimidation and indoctrination to get the most vulnerable to act as their slaves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by originaltitle)
    Multiculturalism certainly isn't a result of foreign armies invading GB. It is the handiwork of our own government. The wars caused people to flee and the British government welcomed these fleeing people into Britain.
    Genocide? I'm really confused now. Lost a lot of credibility. Genocide can be implemented through many forms, not just by the old fashioned way. Who is being 'genocided' exactly?

btw, most of the Middle Eastern Governments oppress their own people. But it's not mentioned unless they aren't American.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CryptoidAlien)
    Genocide? I'm really confused now. Lost a lot of credibility. Genocide can be implemented through many forms, not just by the old fashioned way. Who is being 'genocided' exactly?

btw, most of the Middle Eastern Governments oppress their own people. But it's not mentioned unless they aren't American.
    My bad, should have stuck with 'war' instead of good old genocide. Multiculturalism isn't as bad as war.
    I thought we were talking about the increasing exhibition of hard feelings towards the British troops, not the Middle Eastern troops. Or do you mean to say that being actually oppressed by foreigners is better than being supposedly oppressed by your own kind?

ReputationRep:
    My bad, should have stuck with 'war' instead of good old genocide. Multiculturalism isn't as bad as war.
    I thought we were talking about the increasing exhibition of hard feelings towards the British troops, not the Middle Eastern troops. Or do you mean to say that being actually oppressed by foreigners is better than being supposedly oppressed by your own kind?
    How are they being oppressed by our troops :confused: If you want to believe soldiers are killing women in Burqas on purpose, then I have nothing left to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen)
    Yes, how dare a country defend itself.
    a country wouldnt need to defend itself it there werent other armies trying to wage war...................bit obvious. and to put the british army into context, how is going into iraq defending britain in any way

ReputationRep:
    That's the easy way out.
    how

ReputationRep:
    Extreme terrorists hating on ém, troops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmemorbid)
    a country wouldnt need to defend itself it there werent other armies trying to wage war...................bit obvious. and to put the british army into context, how is going into iraq defending britain in any way
    all of our engagements since the second world war have been with insurgents, not organised armies. Armed threat comes from more places than standing armies.

Not to mention, unless we eradicate all weapons, and remove the knowledge of weapon creation for every person, and ensure that nobody in the world can have violent urges, or attempt to further aims that have no support with violence, removing armies would mean it would take 100 people with a few guns to topple the biggest nations in the world.

Absurd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmemorbid)
    Also, what about riot situations (on a large nation wide scale), you would need men with guns in this scenario, only the army in the case of the UK could do that.

ReputationRep:
    They are comparable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c471)
    all of our engagements since the second world war have been with insurgents, not organised armies. Armed threat comes from more places than standing armies.

Not to mention, unless we eradicate all weapons, and remove the knowledge of weapon creation for every person, and ensure that nobody in the world can have violent urges, or attempt to further aims that have no support with violence, removing armies would mean it would take 100 people with a few guns to topple the biggest nations in the world.

Absurd.

i say 'army' loosely.

i mean anyone that feels the need to resort to violence and killing to make a point/show their view.

i would hope you dislike them as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yi-Ge-Ningderen)
    Also, what about riot situations (on a large nation wide scale), you would need men with guns in this scenario, only the army in the case of the UK could do that.
    national scale, fair enough-that IS protecting the country.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.