Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ31890)
    Does anybody know how early we have to be for our interview for Nottingham? Mine is at 2 so am I safe enough flying in That morning and arriving in EMA at 9.05? Or are we supposed to check in early like St George's?
    I was told that I should be there half an hour before my interview when I asked about this.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone today having an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    Good luck to everyone today having an interview
    Good luck for yours also! Here we go again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone do not worry about the interview the medical school is amazing and the staff were all lovely to talk to. Everything is very organised and there is lots of water if you need it good luck

ReputationRep:
    I hope everyone's interview today went well. I was wondering if anyone knew when we will hear by as the initial letter says 11th April and the document handed after the interview says 18th April. Now it's just the horrible wait :-(

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to all who have been interviewed thus far. Don't know how to feel about my performance as I royally screwed up on at least two stations.

My interviews are all done now so I can now focus on my life again!

See you guys back on here if I get an offer, if not for preparation for next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muppetmaster)
    Good luck to all who have been interviewed thus far. Don't know how to feel about my performance as I royally screwed up on at least two stations.

My interviews are all done now so I can now focus on my life again!

See you guys back on here if I get an offer, if not for preparation for next year
    Don't worry about it I felt I wobbled on a few as well we shall see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    Don't worry about it I felt I wobbled on a few as well we shall see
    One of my screw ups included completely not answering the second part of a question and not realising it until I had to move. The other I answered the first part okay and then almost completely froze on the second part; making some vague and muttering comments only barely resembling a coherent thought.

You were right though and they were all very nice. Very reluctant to say anymore though. As you know we were all sworn to secrecy.

ReputationRep:
    One of my screw ups included completely not answering the second part of a question and not realising it until I had to move. The other I answered the first part okay and then almost completely froze on the second part; making some vague and muttering comments only barely resembling a coherent thought.

You were right though and they were all very nice. Very reluctant to say anymore though. As you know we were all sworn to secrecy.
    I know confidentiality and all that. But what I can say even though it was a fast pace experience I enjoyed it even if I did make a few mistakes

ReputationRep:
    Just a practical question - is it like George's where you get given the question on a written sheet too? And do all the MMIs take place in one large room with boards? I found that really frustrating at George's because you had to shout to be heard sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo only 4 ish weeks left until we might hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EBG92)
    Woohoo only 4 ish weeks left until we might hear
    when is the exact date? The letter they gave after the interview said one date and the invitation letter said another date? Looking at last years applicant threads the offers came out the beginning of next month

ReputationRep:
    My interview is next Tuesday, I'm sorting out to go up, undecided whether to go up on Sunday or Monday, just to kind of give myself a breather.

Notts is my last chance, I got a no from Exeter (with really helpful feedback) and a no from SGUL (both after interviews). Now I'm kind of considering what happens next. Essentially in two weeks, I'll know whether I'm starting medicine next year; if it's a yes, great and even though I'm so unsure about Derby, unless when I go up there I feel like I want to hang myself, I'll take the place. If it's a no, I need a back up plan. Has anyone else got back up plans?

I cannot believe how different my life might be in two weeks' time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don'tMessThisUp)
    My interview is next Tuesday, I'm sorting out to go up, undecided whether to go up on Sunday or Monday, just to kind of give myself a breather.

Notts is my last chance, I got a no from Exeter (with really helpful feedback) and a no from SGUL (both after interviews). Now I'm kind of considering what happens next. Essentially in two weeks, I'll know whether I'm starting medicine next year; if it's a yes, great and even though I'm so unsure about Derby, unless when I go up there I feel like I want to hang myself, I'll take the place. If it's a no, I need a back up plan. Has anyone else got back up plans?

I cannot believe how different my life might be in two weeks' time!
    I think we, and many other people are in the same boat. Notts is my last chance too and I've already had my interview and did not feel it went well

I think it is definitely important to make a back up plan and to try not to set yourself up for disappointment. I made the mistake of listening to other people who assumed that with 3 interviews this year I was almost certain to get a place. But now I've already written off this year and am focussing on things I can do to improve my interview technique, gain more experience as well to move on with my life a bit. It's hard when it's your last chance in the process, but the best way to cope is to prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

Remember how competitive this horrible process all is and you should be very proud to have got this far!

Realistically considering other careers is pretty helpful especially remembering that being a doctor isn't the only way to help people, use science day to day, interact with people, gain a highly respected job etc etc. Considering the career path that your first degree would take you is also a good option to consider and you may encounter significantly less resistance in doing so too.

Chin up!

ReputationRep:
    I think we, and many other people are in the same boat. Notts is my last chance too and I've already had my interview and did not feel it went well

I think it is definitely important to make a back up plan and to try not to set yourself up for disappointment. I made the mistake of listening to other people who assumed that with 3 interviews this year I was almost certain to get a place. But now I've already written off this year and am focussing on things I can do to improve my interview technique, gain more experience as well to move on with my life a bit. It's hard when it's your last chance in the process, but the best way to cope is to prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

Remember how competitive this horrible process all is and you should be very proud to have got this far!

Realistically considering other careers is pretty helpful especially remembering that being a doctor isn't the only way to help people, use science day to day, interact with people, gain a highly respected job etc etc. Considering the career path that your first degree would take you is also a good option to consider and you may encounter significantly less resistance in doing so too.

Chin up!
    I'm sorry yours didn't go well. Did you have a SGUL interview as well? Did you find Notts harder? You never know, it may work out!

Oh yes, I think everyone who gets an interview is smug at the beginning! I'm trying to think what would improve my CV if I didn't get a place this year. There's two masters I'm looking at (and I already have one, so would that be a waste? I don't think so...). I do want medicine though; I know if I went off to do something else, I'd always regret not doing it.

Almost there, and then I can start making some decisions!

ReputationRep:
    Glad that some peoples have gone well so far and the people are nice! This is my first choice uni even though i have offers from swansea and cardiff so hoping it goes well tomorrow! Good luck everyone else

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone with interviews this week. Good news is that we'll find out in under 3 weeks time...so you don't have to wait as long you lucky ducks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've always been in the first week of interviews I think feels like I've been waiting ages, good luck if you have an interview and then we can all hear. I loved nottingham I really want to go there so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry yours didn't go well. Did you have a SGUL interview as well? Did you find Notts harder? You never know, it may work out!

Oh yes, I think everyone who gets an interview is smug at the beginning! I'm trying to think what would improve my CV if I didn't get a place this year. There's two masters I'm looking at (and I already have one, so would that be a waste? I don't think so...). I do want medicine though; I know if I went off to do something else, I'd always regret not doing it.

Almost there, and then I can start making some decisions!
    Yeah I had an SGUL interview too. I unfortunately felt like SGUL went quite well at the time It was sort of a shock tbh getting an insta-reject. I couldn't have possibly done anything differently.

Notts on the other hand definitely felt much harder, and I know if I got another interview I would do and say so many things differently. I definitely screwed up one station, and forgot to answer a second part of a two part question on another. I know it's to some degree based on the score of the cohort, weighting of each section and GAMSAT score but I'm still not letting myself be optimistic about any of it. Nottingham looks really great though so well done to those lucky enough to get an offer.

I'm thinking of a few masters too, also a few other solid career choices like the police force. Although I achieved a pretty good 1st classification in my degree, I really don't like the field it is in (Psychology) so I'm also considering saving some cash and taking a part time bachelors degree to move into a more Biosciences based field while working as a research assistant.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had an SGUL interview too. I unfortunately felt like SGUL went quite well at the time It was sort of a shock tbh getting an insta-reject. I couldn't have possibly done anything differently.

Notts on the other hand definitely felt much harder, and I know if I got another interview I would do and say so many things differently. I definitely screwed up one station, and forgot to answer a second part of a two part question on another. I know it's to some degree based on the score of the cohort, weighting of each section and GAMSAT score but I'm still not letting myself be optimistic about any of it. Nottingham looks really great though so well done to those lucky enough to get an offer.

I'm thinking of a few masters too, also a few other solid career choices like the police force. Although I achieved a pretty good 1st classification in my degree, I really don't like the field it is in (Psychology) so I'm also considering saving some cash and taking a part time bachelors degree to move into a more Biosciences based field while working as a research assistant.
    I am in you position, I got rejected from Warwick yesterday and I thought the interview went quite well and felt Nottingham was harder and not holding much hope. If I get rejected I have no clue what I will do maybe look at PHD in a research field as I have a 1st in Biomed, I hope we find out soon but at the same time I'm not looking forward to a more than likely rejection email.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 2, 2015

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.