Weird thing going on between me and a guy on my course Watch

Fashion Girl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by überambitious_ox)
That's true...I will try and talk to him without making anything obvious - so I will try and bump into or something like that. I really want to get to know him soon, I just need to build my confidence just because I do like him, whereas with guys I don't find attractive, I don't find them hard to talk to.
That's a good idea! Try to strike up a conversation just like you would do any guy you want to be friends with :yy: !
überambitious_ox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm kind of in the same situation: in the first lecture of a course I caught a guy looking at me. I used to look at him back as I found quite good-looking but nothing more. And I knew that unless he came to talk to me, nothing would happen.

I only see him during this one lecture in the week so I kind of got bored of this eye contact thing and stopped looking back at him.
But he didn't and yesterday he sat closer to me (before he used to sit on the left side of the room and I always sit on the right side).
I think that's all is going to happen though as I might not see him again next semester. I'm an exchange student so I'll have new courses and I'm pretty sure he won't be in those ones

But I hope your story doesn't stop to eye contact. I agree with all the others who have said you should make the first move. He's probably shy and I'm sure he'll appreciate it if you go talk to him first!
If you have a break during lectures, why not going up to him and ask him if he can help you with anything?

I wish you all the best!
Thank you so much!

Hope your situation works out too - whatever you decide to do about this guy or not.
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sazh)
Yeah, tbh if I was the guy, I would talk back to you. I'm normally shy around people I don't know, but once I get to know them I act normal.

Why don't you do the same...before it's too late? You don't wanna regret things, it actually worse I still think about girls I never approached but could have. It's only because of my past I try to be more confident now.
Okay, thank you
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by tt2308)
I've got the same situation as yours. More unfortunately, we're from different department ... We're even not the same nationality and race
Oh

I do hope it works out for you!

Are you in the same halls?
überambitious_ox
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moura)
i think what i've said is quite clear, i don't think there is anything going on really. you just saw him looking at you a few times. it doesn't mean anything. then you say you "made it clear" you like him by looking back at him? it doesn't...

if you like the look of him, talk to him and get to know him.
Yeah, someone else also mentioned that looking back at him a few times isn't enough to portray the message that I too like him, which I understand now, after having been told and thinking about it.

So, as you and most others have suggested, I will try talking to him somehow, but subtly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (189)
22.74%
The paper was reasonable (383)
46.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (154)
18.53%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
12.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise