Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys would you date a plus size girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    definitely not, to be honest.

i remember when this fat girl kept clinging on to me till i had to tell her to leave me alone (piss off was the actual words)
    I feel bad about it now.

but yh being fat is a really unattractive trait to have.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if I found them attractive or not... Unfortunately being overweight decreases the chances of that, and it's an exponential thing.

ReputationRep:
    I find them unattractive so my answer would be no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    If I found her really sexy, of course I'd date her, but I don't every find really fat girls attractive, and I don't think most guys do. I consider the limit the point where the definition of the face goes, if that makes sense. I'm certainly not strict on weight, I prefer curvey over skinny and definitely don't accept the view of fat that I've seen in some women's magazines, as being a couple of pounds over ideal.
    It makes sense. I'd have to say it's the same for me.

Agree with the rest too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxSophie01xX)
    I'm not a bloke, but the term "plus-size" is misused

A real and attractive plus-size I think should be no more than an 18, IMO. Anything over this is just unhealthy and unattractive, but then you get the idiot brigade who are a size 24 trying to convince themselves and everybody else that they're "curvy" when really it's just fat.

THIS is an attractive plus size:
    No-one who is a size 18 is either attractive or healthy, not by any stretch of the imagination This probably applies down to at least a size 16 as well tbh.

And to answer the op,I doubt I would date anyone plus size, as fat people just repulse me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    You most certainly can lose an inch or two during pregnancy.
    you're joking, right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posting again because people are confused, again.

Plus-size starts at size twelve. I.e, two sizes left than the UK's average. Size twelve is absolutely not 'fat'. Don't mix the two up.

ReputationRep:
    You most certainly can lose an inch or two during pregnancy.
    Haha get your child hooked on dieting pills and slim fast before they even come out the womb. Efficient.

ReputationRep:
    I would smash but I wouldn't cuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I asked a male friend of mine a similar question once and he replied with "a skinny girl is like a pair of jeans with no pockets, where would you put your hands?"

I mean everyone has a different taste some people don't even go for looks at all (which is rare)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't think thats what the girl meant, "plus size" isn't considered as "fat" to most people who weren't brought up to be ignorant or in a community that stereotypes looks.
    You're pulling out words that aren't of the importance in that sentence.

im pulling out words that made me laugh.

Like saying someone whos 40 stone is only fat when 'society' says they are lmao.

Whats all this BS about society? Stereotyping looks? If you are fat then thats a reflection of the persons personality. I.E. they won't enjoy the same activities or lifestyle as the athletic person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutaud15)
    you're joking, right?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope you most certainly can lose an inch or two in height as a result of pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    Nope you most certainly can lose an inch or two in height as a result of pregnancy.
    That's a scary thought. I can't afford to get any shorter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_al)
    No-one who is a size 18 is either attractive or healthy, not by any stretch of the imagination This probably applies down to at least a size 16 as well tbh.

And to answer the op,I doubt I would date anyone plus size, as fat people just repulse me
    I disagree - I have known people who were a size 16-18 and that was the size they were SUPPOSED to be. They didn't even look fat, and they were very attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxSophie01xX)
    I disagree - I have known people who were a size 16-18 and that was the size they were SUPPOSED to be. They didn't even look fat, and they were very attractive.
    Not exactly lean is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I want honesty of all your opinions - it seems to be a social issue that plus size/ fat girls are a problem or something.
    Im not a plus size myself but I would really like to know why it is that guys tend to avoid girls that are on the bigger side.
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    I don't understand what this terminology means and I am too lazy to google it
    could you post some examples?
    The alpha STEM masters care little for such frivolities.

But seeing as this is not on Chat, and I could get carded if I was just trolling, I'll give an answer.

Yes, of course I would, as long as she was nice and showed an effort to stay fit. No matter how hard one diets and trains, it's really difficult to get rid of some fat (I know them feels trust me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Not exactly lean is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some people are larger built than others

Also the woman you called chubby isn't chubby at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Doesn't it depend how plus size were talking? It's like saying would you go out with a skinny girl, depends on the girl? Hard to say when all you know is she's skinny (or not)...
    This, it's ridiculous, wtf is plus size. I mean are we talking plus size as in curvaceous, because there's a huge difference between a girl with a significant hourglass figure or a pear shape with large hips that makes her "plus size" but who's fairly lean or at least not "fat: otherwise, and a girl who's simply rather fat.

I mean what's plus size, this?

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...a8d101b119.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...7d41e9746a.jpg

Or....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...u2eso1_500.jpg

^^ I mean she's plus size (and in fact bigger than the slimmest definition of plus size in the industry)

or are we talking....

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...535c755036.jpg

Anyway vague definitions aside, I lean towards "bigger" girls I suppose, but the girl in my last link would be too chubby for me. I like something to hold on to, a girl of around my height (5ft 7") being size 12-16 (I appreciate that leaves some scope), depending on body shape, would probably be my preferential range. Out of those, link 3 would probably be a decent example.

...omg its Tyrion again! lmao didn't see till I'd almost finished my reply, swear I'm not quote stalking you lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Some people are larger built than others

Also the woman you called chubby isn't chubby at all
    Not size 18 frame!!! Plus big boned is a complete myth, the range of bone density in all humans is only 3%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    This, it's ridiculous, wtf is plus size. I mean are we talking plus size as in curvaceous, because there's a huge difference between a girl with a significant hourglass figure or a pear shape with large hips that makes her "plus size" but who's fairly lean or at least not "fat: otherwise, and a girl who's simply rather fat.

I mean what's plus size, this?

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...a8d101b119.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...7d41e9746a.jpg

Or....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...u2eso1_500.jpg

^^ I mean she's plus size (and in fact bigger than the slimmest definition of plus size in the industry)

or are we talking....

https://s-media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com...535c755036.jpg

Anyway vague definitions aside, I lean towards "bigger" girls I suppose, but the girl in my last link would be too chubby for me. I like something to hold on to, a girl of around my height (5ft 7") being size 12-16 (I appreciate that leaves some scope), depending on body shape, would probably be my preferential range. Out of those, link 3 would probably be a decent example.

...omg its Tyrion again! lmao didn't see till I'd almost finished my reply, swear I'm not quote stalking you lol.
    Brilliant post. And it's fine, I like your posts, you always post cool stuff

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.