Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How do you guys drink tap water? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red one)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'm having far too much fun with this GIF creator since learning how to do it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Combination of anecdote and common sense
    not really common sense lol

ReputationRep:
    All you'll do if you drink bottled water is give yourself a weak immune system.
    How? I thought it was just water.

ReputationRep:
    If the tap water looks ok and tastes reasonable... there isn't any reason not to drink it. If you wish, rather than wasting money on tap water, you can buy a machine to filter it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocrypha)
    I drink Kitchen tap water, but not Bathroom tap water, To this day im still unsure if they come from the same place or not..
    Ha anyone answered your question?

I drink filtered tap water which taste just like bottled water

ReputationRep:
    I grew up in Scotland, but when I went to uni my housemate (who's from Derbyshire) and I were having a massive crisis over the state of the tap water. It ruins your tea. Our other flatmates had no idea what we were complaining about because half of them are from London but hard water tastes disgusting and wrong. At home though there's nothing wrong with the tap water and I could never understand why people drink bottled, bottled water tastes odd. If I'm thirsty I don't care though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazytown2014)
    How? I thought it was just water.
    That's the problem - no bugs in it.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely ever drink bottled water as I can taste the salt in it, don't like that not to mention they are poor value for money.

Here in Norway I drink water straight from the kitchen tap as that is the only water that is from the mains.

In UK where my house is very old and the plumbing isn't quite the most modern I also drink from the pipes but I do have several filters including an under-sink one otherwise the water has a very funny taste especially when it is chilled.

ReputationRep:
    Its really an interesting experience of drinking water from tap. i did it many times.

ReputationRep:
    That's the problem - no bugs in it.
    Do bugs strengthen the immune system? Once you can create the right antibodies you won't get sick from that bug but does it help with other diseases? It only helps with that one bug.

ReputationRep:
    Out of a filter jug (into a cup or glass)

ReputationRep:
    Tap water in my area tastes fine, I find that if you live in areas where the water has a funny taste, buy a filter or boil the water and cool it down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    I grew up in Scotland, but when I went to uni my housemate (who's from Derbyshire) and I were having a massive crisis over the state of the tap water. It ruins your tea. Our other flatmates had no idea what we were complaining about because half of them are from London but hard water tastes disgusting and wrong. At home though there's nothing wrong with the tap water and I could never understand why people drink bottled, bottled water tastes odd. If I'm thirsty I don't care though.
    Why not buy a hard water blend of tea?

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with tapwater? If you get it from the kitchen tap, it's going to clean anyway- although sometimes the water is hard. I either filter it or just drink it straight from the tap

ReputationRep:
    Erm...pour it into my mouth and swallow?

Sometimes our tap water tastes really good, other times it's cloudy and rubbish and lately sometimes it's got a bleachy taste to it (kinda like semen water ) BUT on the whole it's absolutely fine! Nothing more refreshing than a really cold glass of tap water!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    Urgh hard water!! Tap water at home's fine but London tap water?! Revolting!! It makes a horrible scum on the surface of your tea! I never drink London water from the tap, it tastes rank and it always had little bits floating in it when I lived there :/ Got through a ton of bottled water, was so irritating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    It's often the hard water v soft water issue - I can't remember which tastes better.
    In the morning I need to run the water for about thirty seconds otherwise it has the metallic taste.
    I do consume a lot.
    Soft water apparently tastes better, but hard water is much better for you. Depending on the way it's been treated, drinking soft water can actually lead to higher blood pressure.
    In this case, I think the soft water is the bottled water.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red one)
    It tastes funny where I live?

I've always been used to drinking bottled spring water.
    I much prefer the taste of tap water to most bottled waters. I don't like overly minerally tasting water. There's a massive variation between regions in terms of taste.

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham tap water is literally the best tasting water I've ever had...

London and Bristol on the other hand. Ew.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.