Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How long did your first relationship last and how old were you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A lot of people say that first relationships never last. I'm interested to see how many people stayed with their first partner. I'll start - age 20, 8 months and counting
    Good for you! :yy:

And 14 and... erm... :erm:... 5 weeks. What, we were 12 and 14, don't judge. And it was only because my ex completely changed since we got together- completely ignored me as though I didn't exist (but apparantly this didn't change in any future "relationships" so it wasn't just me, phew). So I did the dumping which caused no emotional reaction, just complete indifference. We've never spoken or associated since. Shame, as we were once good friends. Oh well. Lol. :indiff:

My longest relationship, (me 16 them 15), was only 50 days (7 weeks). We broke up after 5 weeks and stayed off for a while but after much begging from my ex we got back together for 2 weeks until I got accussed of cheating and *****ed at, so I lost all interest and we've been casual friends since, but now we don't talk much and we're just acquaintances, which I'm cool with, and I presently have a taken crush now which is killing me as a single and lonely guy. :cry2:

Anyway, all of that is irrelevant, the point is, my 1st "relationship" was when I was 14 and it lasted for 5 weeks. Oh ****ing SOB. :lol:

I wish I had a real relationship though. Sigh. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    14 I think, and 2 years

first proper relationship, 14 and for 1 year 3 months
    rebounded after a year of being single
    then fell in love properly, with my best friend, 17 when started, 1 year 1 month the other week and I'm now 18
    didn't stay with my first relationship but that was the best decision of my life

ReputationRep:
    17, 7 months (?).

ReputationRep:
    15, 2.5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Don't think this even counts buh
    15, 3 weeks :lol: :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Never been in one

ReputationRep:
    I'm still in my first relationship and it's our 4 year anniversary on Saturday :eek:

ReputationRep:
    17 and it lasted a month

ReputationRep:
    18. Lasted 8 months and ended last friday by text haha!

ReputationRep:
    I was 18 when my first real relationship started, and it lasted three weeks. Most of it was spent long distance though, which was the very reason we broke up. Looking back, it may not deserve to be called a 'real' relationship at all, because we didn't have enough time to establish a strong bond.

ReputationRep:
    18, and it lasted about 4 months. Not interested in getting into a relationship now... Plus I'm starting uni this year, and nobody really wants to be tied down during freshers week

ReputationRep:
    2 years - 13-14 (age).

ReputationRep:
    I was 20, and 9 months. Current one is going on for 2 years

ReputationRep:
    I was with some guy when I was 15 for 8 months, but that was only really because I was bored and everyone else had a boyfriend.

My first proper relationship (the first person I ever truly loved) started when I was 16 - he made such an impression that I was exclusive to him from pretty much the day we met (here, actually). That lasted for just over a year and a half
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    My first relationship was when I was 18, and lasted for almost three years. We only broke up a few weeks ago actually, and I'm still getting over it

ReputationRep:
    I was 20, lasted 1 year 3 months.

Ended 2 months ago, hurt like hell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Still looking for my first relationship

ReputationRep:
    Had a girlfriend at school for two years when I was around the age of 12 but I wouldn't really count that as it wasn't 'proper' if you get my drift. First real relationship at the age of 19 and lasted a year until I slept with someone in my seminar group after a night out (Yes I know I cheated on my ex and that I'm a 'bad person' blah blah blah) who i'm now currently in a relationship with, just approaching six months and happier than ever

ReputationRep:
    I was 15, it lasted 3 months. First "proper" one was when I was 16, lasted about a year and a half to two years (we had a phase where we broke up, got back together in secret, and finally broke up one last time)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.