ReputationRep:

When I'm nervous, I laugh.

ReputationRep:
    What is my seat number?
    Oh right that's it
    *Checks again 2 seconds later*
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Once I'm in the hall I start to see through the paper. People probably think I'm stupid looking at it the way I do.

Anyone else do this?

ReputationRep:
    "Right, Ché, remember...
    You've got this.
    In Jesus name, may you bless me in that subject X doesn't come up - AMEN.

Right, where is my seat?
    Is this pencil going to sharper enough?
    Has my pen got maximum and endless ink?
    OMG, I can see the first question - I know this, yes! OR... A silence until I start the paper!"

This normally ends with a huge exhalation with loads of noise, and then I'm zoned and I don't even hear anyone or anything...

Crazy but A-Levels has been crazy in an examination, no lies! :lol:D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ché.)
    "Right, Ché, remember...
    You've got this.
    In Jesus name, may you bless me in that subject X doesn't come up - AMEN.

Right, where is my seat?
    Is this pencil going to sharper enough?
    Has my pen got maximum and endless ink?
    OMG, I can see the first question - I know that, yes! OR... A silence until I start the paper!"

This normally ends with a huge exhalation with loads of noise, and then I'm zoned and I don't even hear anyone or anything...

Crazy but A-Levels has been crazy in an examination, no lies! :lol:D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think 'God, I may not be the most religious person, I lie and all that but please, if you make this easier for me then I will try and be religious for a week, 2 weeks tops'

And then when the time starts, I start to think what would happen when I fail, wasting 5-8 mins of the test (I actually wasted 20 mins in my history assessment for playing with an eraser.). And then by the end of the test, I suddenly know the answers for most of the questions and I slam my head on the table repeatedly, thinking 'dang it, it was X not Y. Dang it!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    Once I'm in the hall I start to see through the paper. People probably think I'm stupid looking at it the way I do.

Anyone else do this?
    Yes, me!! But when I can't see through it, I try to think of what type of questions there will be etc. ^^ I guess it's just a little preparation.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn.)
    Yes, me!! But when I can't see through it, I try to think of what type of questions there will be etc. ^^ I guess it's just a little preparation.
    I just lift the paper up and put it towards the light,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majmuh24)
    This song! Always makes me feel awesome and ready to smash that exam

Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmlDX92IeQ
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Or this

ReputationRep:
    I just lift the paper up and put it towards the light,
    Good idea but we aren't allowed to touch the paper before they tell us to do so... :/ (we get penalised if we attempt to lift it or even move it.).
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn.)
    Good idea but we aren't allowed to touch the paper before they tell us to do so... :/ (we get penalised if we attempt to lift it or even move it.).
    My sirname begins with Y so I'm around the back of the exam hall, I always manage to quickly flick through the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSuicide)
    LOL look at all these people panicking. Life is pointless and we're all gonna die one day... If only they knew

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're certainly living up to your username there!

ReputationRep:
    i spend the time before the exam making fun of my other classmates and disturbing them as i don't like revising before the exam. takes my mind off things

ReputationRep:
    My surname begins with Y so I'm around the back of the exam hall, I always manage to quickly flick through the paper.
    Oh, lucky you! My surname starts with the letter A, so my seat's always in the front of the exam hall, near the examiners, haha (I'm also the first person to enter the exam hall. Quite stressing). I don't know why I always try to see through the question paper - not like it's going to change anything (you either know your stuff or don't), but oh well... I guess I like anticipating!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenn.)
    Oh, lucky you! My surname starts with the letter A, so my seat's always in the front of the exam hall, near the examiners, haha (I'm also the first person to enter the exam hall. Quite stressing). I don't know why I always try to see through the question paper - not like it's going to change anything (you either know your stuff or don't), but oh well... I guess I like anticipating!
    You'll probably just have that question at the back of your mind and thinking about what the answer could be. I suppose it gives you a longer time to think.

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably just have that question at the back of your mind and thinking about what the answer could be. I suppose it gives you a longer time to think.

Yes, exactly! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't breathe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mind goes completely blank about an hour before and stays that way until I see the questions. It's frustrating but also a relief

ReputationRep:
    i wonder if i can retake this exam...

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.