Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just google the wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum. Try and get some vague numbers in your head. Like for example visible light ranges from 300 to 700 nm. Also, can anyone do question 7 in the jan 2012 paper and tell me why the answer should be in the range 2.0 to 2.2m???? I keep getting 2.6 and I am clueless as to why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emfp21)
    Would you mind explaining that?? All we got told was radio waves have high wavelengths, then as you go through the spectrum to gamma wavelengths decrease due to higher frequency

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just google the wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum. Try and get some vague numbers in your head. Like for example visible light ranges from 300 to 700 nm. Also, can anyone do question 7 in the jan 2012 paper and tell me why the answer should be in the range 2.0 to 2.2m???? I keep getting 2.6 and I am clueless as to why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shloke123)
    it is a super weird question because it says you cant be too inaccurate but then if you are too accurate it doesnt accept it, i got the answer with a mixture of counting squares and making a triangle :
    0.001x0.5x(22+22+21+22+21+21+20+ 20+20+19+19+18+17+17+16+15+14)+0 .5x0.013x7.0=0.2075 and that is within the range, but there is probably a simple way to do it that we are missing haha

ReputationRep:
    Just tried it, I got 2.8 :/ anyone???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    stupid bloody question

ReputationRep:
    stupid bloody question
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402223040.150566.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  189.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh i see where I went wrong, I didn't realise the Line with the X was a label, I though it was part of the graph so I included that in my calculations. Such a mug :') cheers for the help mate. The section a and b stuff seems pretty standard from past papers, in fact its pretty easy. Section C seems to be here most of the dodgy questions are

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh i see where I went wrong, I didn't realise the Line with the X was a label, I though it was part of the graph so I included that in my calculations. Such a mug :') cheers for the help mate. The section a and b stuff seems pretty standard from past papers, in fact its pretty easy. Section C seems to be here most of the dodgy questions are
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402224272.410095.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  152.1 KB

9bii from june 11. Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know anything from g491?? Will any topics come up again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phawkins96)
    Do we need to know anything from g491?? Will any topics come up again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Considering no g491 was actually in g491 I don't even know anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402224272.410095.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  152.1 KB

9bii from june 11. Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You've calculated the resultant, add the weight onto that , giving the thrust as R=thrust-weight

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emfp21)
    Anyone??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    June 04 q11ai

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any important information that they've found out based on the section C questions? Or any advice on things we should predict? :3

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/59857-q...a-handling.pdf

For question 13 (c) (iv) on the May 09 G492 (page 18), can someone explain why the % uncertainty is given to 1 sf (not 2)? Do you always give % uncertainties to 1 sf or is it due to something in the data given?

ReputationRep:
    I think we need to know g491 stuff for section C as in some past papers there have been questions from topics in g491 related to the advanced notice

ReputationRep:
    it says in the specifiation they expect us to know g491 stuff, so they may test us on a few things?

ReputationRep:
    btw, jan 2012 question 13, surely the gradient gives us s cubed over t squared rather than s over t squared????

ReputationRep:
    btw, jan 2012 question 13, surely the gradient gives us s cubed over t squared rather than s over t squared????
    The y axis is distance, s, in metres and he x axis is the square of the time, t^2, so the gradient change in y/ change in x is s/t^2

ReputationRep:
    ohhhhh i seeee, my bad :') I though t squared/ squared was on the x axis, didnt realise s squared was the unit. Thankss, what about the very last question? The mark scheme is very cryptic

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.