Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brubeckian)
    What are career prospects like for computing/JMC students?
    If you get a 1st from Imperial, all your doors are pretty much wide-open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dustz33)
    Tl;dr: Forget about having a job and as far as money goes you will be having a pretty bad time on under 1.000 GBP/month (at least in my experience, that is assuming you have a double room) or 1300£ with a single, assuming you don't go out often.
    This bit isn't very true. This varies for everyone but personally I feel under 1,000 GBP is completely fine, it just depends on how careful and clever you are with how you spend your money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zottula)
    No, the halls are fine. They vary quite a bit, but you'll find the main factor in how much you enjoy life in halls is actually the people you live with, not the places themselves.
    Completely agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vamosrafa)
    International Student. Have conditional offer with University of Edinburgh, msc informatics.

Waiting for Imperial's results.

But I have one question, I have applied for Msc Computing Software Engineering specialization.

I would like to switch to Advanced Computing course of the Imperial. Is this feasible?

My CPI based percentage is 74.25, and without credits, the percentage rounds upto 76. What are my chances for Imperial?

But I believe that edinburgh is far more better university, for all round personality development.

Going by the feedback here, it appears that imperial people are more of bookish people, and keep on studying.
    You can switch easily between degrees in Computing(I'm 2nd year ) before you start your 3rd year, since all degrees are the same until then.

As for the other concerns, as I've said before uni life is what YOU make of it. You have lots of opportunities to make yourself a better individual( >300 clubs and societies, UROP paid internships with the college, sport is basically free, Horizons courses where you can do a lot of humanities courses). There are a lot of people at this uni, so it's impossible not to find like minded people if you try.
    As for Computing, it's a demanding course, but it's one of the best in the world and you'll be surrounded by very very very intelligent people and if you make it to the end of your degree you WILL be thoroughly prepared for the outside world( industry highly values Imperial Computing alumni because they are prepared).
    Good luck with anything you choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cell96)
    Any idea what life is really like for lgbts at Imperial? (especially gays)
    As I've understood from my friends, it's pretty good! Check out www.union.ic.ac.uk/scc/iq/ for more information

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.