Edexcel French GCSE Listening and Reading 2014 Watch

KAYANI25
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by A* mandem)
but french was zoo easy tho. I could have got 100% with my eyes closed, u lose. I win, victory to me ahahhaha

P.S. Aiming for those 10A*s hahahh
eyes closed? erm... you didn't really have to use your eyes for the listening paper, more of your hearing senses. But I suppose Charles Darwin's theory of survival of the fittest means that you've evolved in a special way to others.
palmerme1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got an A in my writing coursework and an A* in my speaking coursework. I think I got a C in the listening and an B/A in the reading. What do you think my overall grade would be considering the 2 exams? Really need at least a B.
shakilaakhtar
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Fudge2)
I thought they both went okay. A couple of phrases in the reading I didn't know though;

'Il me lançait du coup au pied sous le table' or something similar? I forget the exact phrasing but I put he kicked him under the table as a guess.

This one I really can't remember..à la fas or something similar in the final question when referring to what the guy wanted to do in the future? Saying how his friend wanted to go abroad/move to another region whereas 'j'ai bien décidé' and then that phrase. Any ideas?

That listening 8 marker early on was so irritating too..no time to write your answers haha.
I put he was walking on the table for that one :/
kelly_kelly
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found the reading surprisingly harder than the listening, even though it's normally the other way round.
Was stumped on the clement question, due to lack of vocab knowledge, and a few bits here and there. Hope the grade boundaries for A* are slightly lower..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decerto
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unofficial mark scheme anyone?
Dann.It
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kelly_kelly)
I found the reading surprisingly harder than the listening, even though it's normally the other way round.
Was stumped on the clement question, due to lack of vocab knowledge, and a few bits here and there. Hope the grade boundaries for A* are slightly lower..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yes, the clement question was terrible too. I mean especially when it asked you what marcilla ( or whatever her name was) problem was, and how clement sorted it out :/ .

(Original post by palmerme1)
I got an A in my writing coursework and an A* in my speaking coursework. I think I got a C in the listening and an B/A in the reading. What do you think my overall grade would be considering the 2 exams? Really need at least a B.
If your courseworks are A/A* you've basically already secured a C and you're probrably already at a B. ( coursework make up 60% of final grade) . So chances are if you do get an A/B on one exam paper and a C on a another, you will definitely get a B, and may possibly get an A.

I've got the same problem as you, but mine i opposite to yours - where my coursework is and will be lower than what i get on the exams.
(Coursework C, i'll probs get an A on both listening and Reading)
Dann.It
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KAYANI25)
For me the reading was fairly challenging however previous practice meant that it was doable, however I too struggled with the listening due to how it was difficult to understand what was being stated. Who else struggled on the solar panel question? ICT tomorrow!
Solar panels? I don't think you did the Edexcel paper, because there wasn't a question about solar panels on either of the paper.
kelly_kelly
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dann.It)
Haha yes, the clement question was terrible too. I mean especially when it asked you what marcilla ( or whatever her name was) problem was, and how clement sorted it out :/ .

If your courseworks are A/A* you've basically already secured a C and you're probrably already at a B. ( coursework make up 60% of final grade) . So chances are if you do get an A/B on one exam paper and a C on a another, you will definitely get a B, and may possibly get an A.

I've got the same problem as you, but mine i opposite to yours - where my coursework is and will be lower than what i get on the exams.
(Coursework C, i'll probs get an A on both listening and Reading)
I think the problem was that she got distracted when someone is sat next to her in lesson so she'll strt talking,
So clement spoke to her teachers and asked if she could sit on her own in most lessons.
It was the foot kicking under the table which I completed miss out.
I understood "foot" and "under the table" but never made the connection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dann.It
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kelly_kelly)
I think the problem was that she got distracted when someone is sat next to her in lesson so she'll strt talking,
So clement spoke to her teachers and asked if she could sit on her own in most lessons.
It was the foot kicking under the table which I completed miss out.
I understood "foot" and "under the table" but never made the connection

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha...well i understood the foot under table one, but not the problem one
SnoopBee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iz24)
Higher That holidays question on the listening was complete guesswork on my part...
the one about camping? What was that all about...
SnoopBee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did anyone understand that question about the girl travelling to Germany and her emotions?! I swear the papers were so much more difficult than the previous past papers I had already done!!:confused:
Decerto
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LiviButters)
the one about camping? What was that all about...
I put with relatives, holiday village, camping and his own holiday home.
Dann.It
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did anyone understand that question about the girl travelling to Germany and her emotions?! I swear the papers were so much more difficult than the previous past papers I had already done!!:confused:
i guessed that one; i put before she went she was insecure, when she got there she was afraid, then i put it made her comfortable, which then made her happy. I think they're wrong though
Decerto
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I put:

Unhappy
(I forgot what I put for the second one)
Confident
Sociable
SnoopBee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Decerto)
I put with relatives, holiday village, camping and his own holiday home.
i think i put that too
SnoopBee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I put:

Unhappy
(I forgot what I put for the second one)
Confident
Sociable
I think i put happy first
( Cant remember the middle two)
and confident last ( i think)
Decerto
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think i put happy first
( Cant remember the middle two)
and confident last ( i think)
It said at school she pretended to be okay, but she was unhappy at home (malherueuse).
SnoopBee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dann.It)
i guessed that one; i put before she went she was insecure, when she got there she was afraid, then i put it made her comfortable, which then made her happy. I think they're wrong though
I have never learnt those words before, it was so hard!!!:cry::devil3::eek3:
SnoopBee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It said at school she pretended to be okay, but she was unhappy at home (malherueuse).
oops i meant to write unhappy
Decerto
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
oops i meant to write unhappy
Oh right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (113)
46.12%
Pro-humanity (132)
53.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise