Does anyone have b1 b2 b3 ocr 21st century exam tomorrow? Watch

DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh for the fetal cells question, I put that one advantage of extracting it directly was that scientists can collect a larger sample of fetal cells to test from? And What did everyone write about that section about pulse rates and the heart??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pandorax
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm just reading and learning my revision guide, it's like 6 pages for each topic so it's easier to learn (for chemistry)
Pandorax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DDan123)
Oh for the fetal cells question, I put that one advantage of extracting it directly was that scientists can collect a larger sample of fetal cells to test from? And What did everyone write about that section about pulse rates and the heart??

Posted from TSR Mobile
i wasn't really sure about that section, for the first part I said measuring pulse on wrist, and then for the maths one and finding the name, I got that wrong because I forgot to recheck it, it's only 2marks so xP And then I wasn't sure on the last part, I said other factors needed to be taken into account, for example age, fitness levels vary depending on the age and so does the heart rate etc. not sure if that's right though
SSJ97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pandorax)
i wasn't really sure about that section, for the first part I said measuring pulse on wrist, and then for the maths one and finding the name, I got that wrong because I forgot to recheck it, it's only 2marks so xP And then I wasn't sure on the last part, I said other factors needed to be taken into account, for example age, fitness levels vary depending on the age and so does the heart rate etc. not sure if that's right though
i put exactly those as well. I found the 6 mark antibiotic area thing annoying i think i messed that
Pandorax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SSJ97)
i put exactly those as well. I found the 6 mark antibiotic area thing annoying i think i messed that
Same, I screwed up that one, hopefully I might get one mark or two, but If I'm lucky. xD Everyone screwed up that question I think, or found it difficult
ToLiveInADream
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Pandorax)
Same, I screwed up that one, hopefully I might get one mark or two, but If I'm lucky. xD Everyone screwed up that question I think, or found it difficult
It was a good question if you broke it down tbh. All it was about was comparing strength of the antibiotics because of the diameter. The one with the same as the water may have not worked because the bacteria was resistant or it was simply crap lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pandorax
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
It was a good question if you broke it down tbh. All it was about was comparing strength of the antibiotics because of the diameter. The one with the same as the water may have not worked because the bacteria was resistant or it was simply crap lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, but It was quite early on in the paper so I figured it wouldn't matter too much and I will just continue on in the paper,xD Plus, conclusions and things such as that in tests are one of my weakness, I keep forgetting to revise on how to answer them xp
DDan123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Basim97)
The antibiotic question was rather easy the greater the area of the clear circle the more effective the antibiotic. C had stayed the same as water so the antibiotic was not effective at all. B was the most effective.
Woops lol I didn't explicitly mention the area of the clear circle. All i wrote about was the order of the the effectiveness of the antibiotics. I think i suggested that C was the least effective because perhaps most of the bacteria were resistant to the antibiotic.
BarneyMartin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there a thread about today's Chemistry?
It's-Ruby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BarneyMartin)
Is there a thread about today's Chemistry?
Yeh it's called like OCR 21st century science CPB1-7
BarneyMartin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by It's-Ruby)
Yeh it's called like OCR 21st century science CPB1-7
Thanks! Can you post a link please?
Kitty260
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0c2%20c3%20ocr
romaiseb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BarneyMartin)
Thanks! Can you post a link please?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...light=ocr+chem - Here it is
jemilicious98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by monisj1)
Is it just me that liked the antibiotic question?
Omds I loved it toooo

Posted from TSR Mobile
monisj1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jemilicious98)
Omds I loved it toooo

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank god! i was scared that i might have done it wrong since everyone was confused
Mari1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyone have this pper i.e. June 2014 really want to go through it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1278)
79.73%
Leave (325)
20.27%

Watched Threads