The "I got into that hall" Thread Watch

Vet In Progress
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wheee, more Goldney peeps. I haven't got my stuff through yet, but am I right in thinking there's a pirate party in freshers' week?
matchu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by matchu)
The nice woman at Goldney said I can store my stuff in the porters lodge from Friday until move in day.

(yes this means I'll have no parents on move-in day and hence no food :\ take pity on me)

From anyone who's been/lived there - how secure is the porters lodge? As I'd like to have my stuff still there when I come back

hey vip - would you know this? ^
Biffy Clyro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Vet In Progress)
Wheee, more Goldney peeps. I haven't got my stuff through yet, but am I right in thinking there's a pirate party in freshers' week?
I've heard there is a Pirate Party, a 90s rave, and a school disco.

Edit: And my Goldney pack DID mention Freshers...

Also, it says to return a document by 11th September... but I couldn't find the document in the pack- what does it look like?!
*Lollipop*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yay! I got into Goldney too! Is there anyone on here that actually got into a different hall. Suppose Goldney was just earlier at sending out packs than everyone else.

I did notice it didn't tell you whether your room was ensuite or not. They will probaby tell you once you've accepted. yes?

^^ Read the little Golney booklet and you have to write the letter yourself, theres no document. weird ??
matchu
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah bit now I dont know how much moolah they want.

I do however know their prices went up :| Has this happened with other accom. too?
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I'm crashing the rave thing.

In exchange for helping me get in, I will get you into the school uniform night.
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
OK, answer to first question- Porter's lodge is, as far as I know, usually locked. I think it was open on moving in day last year but there was someone manning it all the time. I'm sure it's secure if that's where Rachel's said you can put it.

I don't know anything about the document but it probably is just a short letter accepting your place. I can't remember if I had to write one, but it was a while ago, lol (I'm old...)

I'm not sure about the en-suite thing either, as I've never had an en-suite room. I would imagine that if it doesn't say that you have one, you probably don't but I'm really not sure. You could ring the office and find out, but they may not have organised who is going in which flat yet.

As for how much money they want, you'll get an invoice a few weeks into term and either pay in the finance office or ignore it if you've done the direct debit thing.

I think all that's true, as far as I know/can remember! Wow, strange to think I might be in a flat with any of you guys. I hope my flatmates don't think "oh my god, she's really old!" cos I might be a third year but I sure don't feel/act like one!
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by the victory james)
Yeah I'm crashing the rave thing.
You'll find that quite hard to do, they'll be signing people into the bar by name, sorry!
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Where there's a will...
The Mudman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'll be on the list! HA!

I'll be good, just don't make me leave...
matchu
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cool, I still want pity for having no parents on the 1st though :p:

You in Goldney mudman??

Also - VIP any reason why the amount on the prospectus is less than what they ask for in the letter?
The Mudman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nah, I'll hopefully be in The Hawthorns
Vet In Progress
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No idea why the price in the prospectus is less. I haven't had my stuff through yet so I don't know what the hall fees are, but I guess they've just decided to put it up. I think there's probably some tinyprint in the prospectus that say fees are subject to change, or something like that.
db
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by matchu)
jah, excellent name innit?
you're named like I'm named
fruitcake
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
got into wills! really pleased,C block apparently. gettin really excited now, an whats this tropical beach party?
M2DN
Report 12 years ago
i got da GOLDNEY pack dis mornin...did ne1 get a room number?lol.

ECONOMICS L100
Biffy Clyro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by M2DN)
i got da GOLDNEY pack dis mornin...did ne1 get a room number?lol.

ECONOMICS L100
Nope, they give them out on the day apparently.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fruitcake)
got into wills! really pleased,C block apparently. gettin really excited now, an whats this tropical beach party?
omg! wills! i'm jealous *waits anxiously for post tomorrow*
Starsplash
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! No Goldney pack for me yet... so... unless it comes tomorrow... I am officially considering myself a Manor... a Manorist??

Ah well, Manor looks immense! *crossing fingers I wouldn't have dropped past 2nd choice*

... but 90's rave??!!?? Ohhhh!
timw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by fruitcake)
I haven't received anything from Bristol yet
Post comes in 2.5 hours, hopefully I'll findo ut then. Please do not let me down....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads