Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here's what I got:
    C1 - 100/100
    C2 - 98/100
    M1 - 95/100

I expected all except for M1. I thought I got 100/100 for that one too as I checked results with everyone. Dahm those method marks.

ReputationRep:
    Board: Edexcel
    M1 93/100 - A
    D1 91/100 - A
    C1 87/100 - A
    C2 78/100 - B
    S1 63/100 - C
    S2 41/100 - E

Im retaking the last 3 modules. Over the moon about my M1 and D1 results though - wasn't expecting 91 in Decision!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Imagine if every mathematician on this thread went to one school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt1989)
    Wow! Imagine if every mathematician on this thread went to one school...
    would be a pretty bright maths school :p: my school was almost a maths college :p: but they found out that sports college got them more money - they spent the money on maths lol! or as much as they could get away with :p:

ReputationRep:
    There was 2 people out of 20 people that got grades A in my school. Its an ordinary state school with a A-Level pass rate of 96%. We get about 20 grade A's across the board in the whole school. Its a pretty rubbish college, with many students getting D's, E's. Last year nobody did A-Level Further Maths, although there were about 9 people doing further maths it dropped to 2 because D1 got a bit too much lol. Very limited support. Other than the academic side its very good, you know day-in-day-out drinking, smoking weed and having sex with various parteners, its all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e-unit)
    Yeah, they left out my 100 in FP2 and put in my 73 in D1. Bit annoying. Dunno if you can ask them to change it, but why do you want to?

I just don't a C on my record at all, frankly I should have done what loads of people in my class did and just not turned up to that exam.

ReputationRep:
    Maths (A)
    C1 - 95/100
    C2 - 93/100
    C3 - 78/100
    C4 - 53/100 (shocking!)
    S1 - 85/100
    M1 - 92/100

Further Maths (B at AS)
    D1 - 100/100
    M2 - 76/100
    FP1 - 61/100

Considering i basically self taught these to myself because my teacher was awful, im pretty amazed i did so well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt1989)
    There was 2 people out of 20 people that got grades A in my school. Its an ordinary state school with a A-Level pass rate of 96%. We get about 20 grade A's across the board in the whole school. Its a pretty rubbish college, with many students getting D's, E's. Last year nobody did A-Level Further Maths, although there were about 9 people doing further maths it dropped to 2 because D1 got a bit too much lol. Very limited support. Other than the academic side its very good, you know day-in-day-out drinking, smoking weed and having sex with various parteners, its all good.
    :rofl: sounds like my old school...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    why do clever people feel the need to post their amazing results? strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss liverpool fc)
    because they are proud of them :p: and want to show off :p: Im not particularily clever - and i love showing off my scores except when I fail lol!

ReputationRep:
    ye well i find it annoying when people think a score of 64/100 is a disaster. blooming heck i'd be pleased to bits if i got that

ReputationRep:
    For some people 64/100 is a disaster - like for me, Im planning on doing maths at Uni and I need an A, and I want As across the board on all my modules! my C and E pulled my grade in further maths to a C, which just isnt good enough as the unis im looking at, the lowest of their average offers is BBB...so I really need to get my C and E up to an A, and the B I just want to be an A as its so close!

ReputationRep:
    Just look at the high marks on here.
    Has maths been dumbed down? Is it gutless?
    I would normally disagree, but with a 43.5% A grade rate and an entire module removed, maybe critics have a case? Surely an A grade has been devalued...

ReputationRep:
    I did edexcel maths and got.
    C1- 85/100- a
    C2- 85/100- a
    S1- 62/100- c (damn u stats!)
    So bcos of that crap C i got a B overall and i was only 8 marks of an A i dont know whether to re-take stats tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss liverpool fc)
    In the exams forum, in a thread about maths scores, it is why you feel the need to make a post like that, rather than the desire of others to post their scores, that is questionable. People are proud of their grades and/or interested in comparing what they got to what others got. What's abnormal about that?

(Original post by silent ninja)
    Just look at the high marks on here.
    Has maths been dumbed down? Is it gutless?
    I would normally disagree, but with a 43.5% A grade rate and an entire module removed, maybe critics have a case? Surely an A grade has been devalued...
    I think that an A grade has definitely been devalued, but I think the fact that there are so many good marks on here (those with over 90% average, rather than just an A) is a reflection of the fact that there are a lot of good mathematicians who use TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelrainbow32)
    I did edexcel maths and got.
    C1- 85/100- a
    C2- 85/100- a
    S1- 62/100- c (damn u stats!)
    So bcos of that crap C i got a B overall and i was only 8 marks of an A i dont know whether to re-take stats tho.
    Im retaking stats with a higher mark than that, it might be worth a try you never know - you might get another A!

ReputationRep:
    OCR

Maths : 596/600

C1: 97
    C2: 100
    C3: 99
    C4: 100
    S1: 100
    M1: 100

and then two more modules (we did 8 this year)

M2: 100
    D1: 95

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzacre)
    OCR

Maths : 596/600

C1: 97
    C2: 100
    C3: 99
    C4: 100
    S1: 100
    M1: 100

and then two more modules (we did 8 this year)

M2: 100
    D1: 95
    well done thats excellent

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ Agreeeeeedddd!!!!

ReputationRep:
    580/600

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.