Accomodation packs Watch

KerriT
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by coughsyrup)
You should invest in a Young Person's Railcard when you get here. It'll cost you £20 and is valid for a year, it gives you large discounts on the tickets and will save you a lot in the long run if you have to keep taking trips to and fro the airport.
That's definitely true, I've saved a fortune with my card this year. However, the ticket I got was without my Young Persons card so it is possible and if you open a Natwest student account they give you a five year Young Persons railcard for free.
SunburnedCactus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Quite often the saver return tickets turn out to be cheaper, though I tend to buy tickets on the day of travel so prices can be pretty variable.
KerriT
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My mum is coming up with me for £47 return with two cheap single tickets whereas even if she had a railcard a saver return would be £60. Usually saver returns are the best deal because most people do not book journeys two months in advance!

Anyway, I received my accommodation pack this morning.
xlucyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
So did I
KerriT
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do we send off the direct debit form now as well or do we sort that out in freshers week?
laser
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Last year it had to be in the week before Freshers' week for Direct Debit, unless you're paying by cheque, where you go to the Finance Office in Freshers' Week.
KerriT
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks, I'll post it off later today then with my accommodation form and university card form.
xlucyx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ok, i've decided to put standard college room as first choice, ensuite as second choice (even though the accomodation doesn't look as nice i want to be in one of the older colleges as they look more fun!) but for third choice, what would people recommend? i was thinking maybe fairfax house, but is there any way of putting something where you are living on campus as third choice? (really don't want to be in halifax, as i didnt really like the house system or the fact that it's not right in the middle of everything)

Also, which college (if any) is Fairfax house part of?
Piska07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
just a small parantheses: (Thanky you all for all the info on cheaper tickets)

I still haven't received my accommodation package...sigh...
dsch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Piska07)
just a small parantheses: (Thanky you all for all the info on cheaper tickets)

I still haven't received my accommodation package...sigh...
It's our duty to help Johnny Foreigner - if we help them get here they might bring edible food with them.
Piska07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's our duty to help Johnny Foreigner - if we help them get here they might bring edible food with them.
I can only brag with the variety of food I'll bring with me...im allergic to english food:p: ... so...
I'm bringing with me atleast a months supply of french food ( and it does not limit itslf to cheese and wine as some may say )
sophieD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
not forgetting the frogs legs.....
KerriT
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I can only brag with the variety of food I'll bring with me...im allergic to english food:p: ... so...
I'm bringing with me atleast a months supply of french food ( and it does not limit itslf to cheese and wine as some may say )
You're allergic to English food? Hmm. I love French food as long as it's vegetarian, any chance of some chocolate? I'll bake a cake.
dsch
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That sounds wonderful. In a pub here your food is prepared in a factory, put in a plastic bag and microwaved. Rare steaks are in different bags to medium steaks and may not be converted to medium steaks by extra microwave time. Watch out. Does English cuisine even exist?
Piska07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That sounds wonderful. In a pub here your food is prepared in a factory, put in a plastic bag and microwaved. Rare steaks are in different bags to medium steaks and may not be converted to medium steaks by extra microwave time. Watch out. Does English cuisine even exist?
Please ... when I read that I almost had a heart attack...:eek:
dsch
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Please ... when I read that I almost had a heart attack...:eek:
The heart attack caused by eating it would be far more traumatic.
Piska07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KerriT)
You're allergic to English food? Hmm. I love French food as long as it's vegetarian, any chance of some chocolate? I'll bake a cake.
Pas de problème...

As for the chocolate...thats swiss buisness...no worries though just across the border...C'est magnifique ...

Cake huh?:eek: ... J'ai un petit penchant au CHOCOLATE COOKIES!
sophieD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If i recall correctly, wasn't the "best restaurant IN THE WORLD" named last year in.....ermmm.....ENGLAND?

OH yes it was! 'The fat Duck" in Berkshire!!! eat that!
KerriT
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anything with chocolate lol. Chocolate cookies? Never made them but I could try, I much prefer baking to cooking, it's a wonder that I'm so thin.
Piska07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not the type of person who eats in restaurants...don't give much credibility to such distinctions...each person has their own taste, maybe english people love the "fat duck"...rather give much more value to local specialities...

like in savoie its the fondue...don't need to go to a restaurant to eat a nice, cheesy and winny fondue...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads