LSE 2006 Fresher's Week Watch

Eru Lawliet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Alexey)
I have the acceptance letter, because I came to the UK to pick it up on results day. However they said they will send me the rest of the welcome pack on the 29th. Ah well... hopefully I shall not need anything else:p:
wow,the letter is out already? Man they should have sent the letter sooner.
Who?
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Deathscythe HG)
wow,the letter is out already? Man they should have sent the letter sooner.
Ye, the letter was out on the 17th. But they send it by standard (i.e. not even first class mail) which means that international people will get it after 3 weeks or more, and in the case of Russia - probably never:p:.
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Jesus Christ! 3 weeks? Man,there goes my visa!
Who?
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It may be earlier for you. Do not give up yet. That's why I had to go to the UK on results day.
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Alexey)
It may be earlier for you. Do not give up yet. That's why I had to go to the UK on results day.
Yea,i sure hope it will arrive early.
littlemissalex
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe you could tell them to post it sooner or send an email so that you can use it as proof so u can get ur visa?
99cwhho
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
all my mates have already got their welcome pack from King's and Imperial (and maybe UCL too) - why is LSE taking a bit longer? - i just wanna get going - i'ts very exciting and obviously quite daunting too:confused:

anyway, i believe the LSESU are preparing for the Fresher's week, and more news about this should be on their website in due course, so we'll just have to linger around and see what's going to happen.

we all want to have a great and enjoyable uni life, but at the end of the day, it's about the study - does anyone know if and where we can find out what books are required for the courses, so that we can use the time now to look around for the best prices?
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alexandra)
Maybe you could tell them to post it sooner or send an email so that you can use it as proof so u can get ur visa?
The frustrating part was that the LSE website stated that we can't request them to send the CoA early after 16th August,and we only get to know our status on the 17th via UCAS. I doubt the email will work though,the British High Comm insisted that the CoA must be presented for the application. Oh well,let's just hope it will arrive early to give me enough time to sort out my visa. Sure hope it will be ready on time for me to catch my flight on 20th Sep!
e11even
Report 12 years ago
2 weeks max to Brunei, so hopefully you'll get it soon. It'll definitely arrive a week or so before September 20. And if you've got all the relevant documents, your visa application should only take about 2 days.
littlemissalex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The frustrating part was that the LSE website stated that we can't request them to send the CoA early after 16th August,and we only get to know our status on the 17th via UCAS. I doubt the email will work though,the British High Comm insisted that the CoA must be presented for the application. Oh well,let's just hope it will arrive early to give me enough time to sort out my visa. Sure hope it will be ready on time for me to catch my flight on 20th Sep!
Aww poor thing! I know it must be frustrating! Hope it arrives soon! You could let your post office know that you are expecting an important letter soon so that if they get it they dont leave it there at the office till the next week! Thats what happened with my stupid cambridge letter; they left it at the office and i called them up and they said they actually had it but didnt deliver it because they wanted to wait till we got more mail! idiots! Guess all you can do is wait patiently.. xx
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fingers crossed now...hopefully my CoA has already left LSE and is on its way! Thanks y'all!
arcticsuicide
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
freshers week is gonna be wicked as, my birhthday is during it 2 and ill probably forget about it, hope 2 mkae lots of m8s and join lots of club- music obvioiusly, wanna learn 2 cook, samba, reggae, house, political cluibs- im a libdem
so much 2 do so little time really, hope the dudes in lse r nice and everything is cool, afteralll its 3 yrs of my life
I SALUTE LONDON!
alfieatthelse
Report 12 years ago
be careful what societies you join.. i got sucked in way too easily by promises of free beer by hot women and ended up joining about 25 .. but wrote my email address unreadable so didn't even end up receiving emails..

join the alternative music society and the live music society!
littlemissalex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by alfieatthelse)
be careful what societies you join.. i got sucked in way too easily by promises of free beer by hot women and ended up joining about 25 .. but wrote my email address unreadable so didn't even end up receiving emails..

join the alternative music society and the live music society!
hehe! :p: I already wanna join loads, so god knows how many ill end up joining in the end if they give me great offers! Did u have to pay to join them btw?
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yep,think so. A couple of pounds,perhaps?
shady lane
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm planning to join Afro-Caribbean, American, Development, Women in Business, and Finance societies. I think that seems reasonable
littlemissalex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yep,think so. A couple of pounds,perhaps?
yep thats what *sub said in the other forum!
valerious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
man, im in the same situation here, havent got anything from LSE. My flight is on 23rd. Any news?
What about choosing courses? (ment to do by 25th sep?) So we have LSE4u username after arriving?
i doubt if i can get the Welcome pack b4 I return to the UK.

the fresher week looks quite interesting. definitely will join it!
naddles
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by valerious)
man, im in the same situation here, havent got anything from LSE. My flight is on 23rd. Any news?
What about choosing courses? (ment to do by 25th sep?) So we have LSE4u username after arriving?
i doubt if i can get the Welcome pack b4 I return to the UK.

the fresher week looks quite interesting. definitely will join it!
I think we get our login details in the welcome packs. We choose our courses through LSE4u. Which degree did you apply for? Your username sounds familiar, I thought you might be on Human Resources Management course!:p:...Sorry if I've got the wrong person!:p:
elephantom
Report 12 years ago
so when exactly is fresher's and how long does it last for?

Also when do lectures/classes start for us first years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (142)
27.36%
No (377)
72.64%

Watched Threads