Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    We had a black books marathon, watched all 3 series in one day. Excellent times

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mates watched all three Turtles movies last month. Good times.

I should add, this was between the hours of 5am and 10am after a drunken all night barbecue and Pro Evo tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_face)
    :O I thought no-one else has heard of the cribs! They're well good and deserve more fame than theyve got (although I like being one of the few to know them)...I prefer We can no longer cheat you, or Another Number, but whatever floats your boat.
    Great band, seen em live a few times and met them too, they are nice guys

ReputationRep:
    I want to do the quiz . But I'm not a fresher. I am a fresher's rep though, does that count?! :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach:))
    I want to do the quiz . But I'm not a fresher. I am a fresher's rep though, does that count?! :flutter:
    I'm sure no-one will complain if you do the quiz. Go on, you know you want to! Plus, there's so many Cuth freshers here that we'll all need to get to know you anyway!

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a quiz is it :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Yay!! Thanks! I'm so sad....:rolleyes:

There are so many Cuths freshers on here....I'm so excited! I *think* I'm the only fresher's rep called Rach.......oh actually I think there is one other.....so you have a 50% chance of getting the right one......but if you see me in fresher's week come and say hi! (I'll have my name on the back of my t-shirt....oh and geog of course!

Quiz....

Proper name:Rachel

Nicknames:Rach, Rachi, Rachini, Wibblez...

Location:Surrey/London border....so not really entirely sure....

What subject you're going to do and Offer:I am DOING Geography BSc, and my offer was AAB

College:CUTHS!! :party:

What are you most looking forward to about Durham? Going back after being away for 3 months, and having as great a year as I did in my first!

...and Least?Not being a fresher anymore! *sniff sniff* and maybe actually having to do a bit of work! :eek:

What are you going to do on the first day?Move in to my house....

Why did you choose Durham as your firm?Because it rocks for geography and i fell in love with it when I went to the open day :love:

Is anyone you know also going to Durham or are you all on your lonesome?Yes.....everyone I met in my first year....:p: But I already knew about 5 people (+tsr-ers) when I started.

D.O.B:08.03.87

Hair colour:Light brown/blonde

Eye colour:Green

A2 subjects:Geography, Philosophy, Psychology, General Studies and Human Biology AS

Any brothers/sisters?:One brother

Any pets:2 guinea pigs, 3 tortoises, a hedgehog and lots and lots of fish!

Fave band/artist:An impossible question....Some of my favourite are Buddy Rich, Maynard Ferguson, NYJO, Jaco Pastorious, Weather Report, Gordon Goodwin. And....Jack Johnson, John Mayer, RHCP, Feeder....etc etc etc

Fave song:Again an impossible question! Love Birdland (Weather Report), Channel One Suite (Buddy Rich), Why Georgia (John Mayer).....

Fave TV show:Green Wing ...and 2 pints of lager & a packet of crisps, Desperate Housewives, Silent Witness...

Fave film:These questions are too hard!! But if I had to pick just one......Cool Runnings without a doubt!
    Fave hobby:Playing in big band (or orchestra/solo/whatever0)

Fave colour:black (yes I know it's a lack of colour) or green

Fave food:Indian

Fave sport:Skiing

Which football team do you support?:Fulham

Fave non-alcoholic drink:Ummmmmmmmmmm...orange and cranberry juice (together) or just lemonade. Oh and a LOT of water!

Fave alcoholic drink:At the moment Pimms, but generally.....archers&lemonade, woo-woo or Chase's Gas Chambers!

How often do you drink?
    too often! :cheers: at uni that is. At home, not that often.

Do you smoke?Nope

Can you play an instrument?:Yes! Soprano, Alto & Tenor sax, clarinet, piano...

Can you speak a foreign language?:French and Spanish....though I'm not too great at the latter...

What makes you happy?:The world jazz, animals, other people being happy

What's your pet hate?Arrogance! :mad: and ignorance, discrimination, racism....

Describe yourself in 5 words:interested, paranoid, musical, caring, undecisive!

Anything else you want to say...Yes! John......don't ruin my fun! :p:
    Oh, and....those of you coming to Cuths are in for the time of your lives! :five:

ReputationRep:
    Aha, as this is no longer the domain of freshers only thanks to Rach, I can enter the fray!

Proper name: Christopher.

Nicknames: Chris, 'The Manhandler' (blame Hatfield College AFC).

What subject you're going to do and Offer: Economics 2nd year AAB.

College: Hatfield

What are you most looking forward to about Durham? Friends old & new.

...and Least? Getting to the end of the year and realising that I only have one more left at Durham.

What are you going to do on the first day? Move into my house, take photos of it and make sure everything is as it should be.

Why did you choose Durham as your firm? I didn't get into Cambridge, I really liked the atmosphere on the open day, the collegiate aspect, and the place.

Is anyone you know also going to Durham or are you all on your lonesome? My friends I met there, but I was the only person from my school to go last year.

D.O.B: 21/07/87

Hair colour: Dark blonde.

Eye colour: Dark green.

A2 subjects: Economics, Government & Politics, Mathematics, Physics, General Studies, ASs in History and Applied Mathematics

Any brothers/sisters?: One of each.

Any pets: A rabbit, a guinea pig.

Fave band/artist: I'm not picking any particular one, nor am I about to give an extensive list.

Fave song: Same again.

Fave TV show: Match of the Day, closely followed by MotD2

Fave film: One of Shawshank Redemption, Die Hard, Scarface, The Godfather, The Notebook, Leon, The Pianist, Terminator 2, Braveheart. There's probably others I have forgotten.

Fave hobby: Football

Fave colour: Blue or Green. Or Yellow.

Fave food: Pizza is pretty close to it.

Fave sport: Football

Which football team do you support (love, unconditionally) ?: Everton

Fave non-alcoholic drink: Any expensive smoothie, 'innocent' ones spring to mind.

Fave alcoholic drink: Pimms, lager, ale, cocktails, wine, it all depends upon the situation.

How often do you drink? Daily. I drink lots of water. In terms of alcohol, at home a few glasses of wine a week, at uni a few bottles a week, plus whatever else I fancy on nights out.

Do you smoke? No. It's a stupid, anti-social habit and I can't wait for it to be banned. Selfish-smokers are pretty near the epitome of my hate-list.

Can you play an instrument?: Yes, the triangle. All night long.

Can you speak a foreign language?: GCSE German.

What makes you happy?: Any combination of things, but generally, people, Everton winning, and having enough money to buy music.

What's your pet hate? See the smoking question above. Also, stupid people.

Describe yourself in 5 words: Emotional, intelligent, loving, loyal, sarcastic.

Anything else you want to say... I've got lots to say about a variety of things, but there's no point offending people unneccessarily, which is undoubtedly what I would end up doing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Me and my mates watched all three Turtles movies last month. Good times.
    I do wish you'd stop giving me reasons to rep you.

I once watched all 3 LOTRs in a row...now THAT's hardcore. I'm such a nerd.

ReputationRep:
    Proper name: Robert (throws up with a sense of propriety).

Nicknames: Robbie, Rob, Robizzle, Robbypants.

Location: Chelmsford, Essex - the home of V festival. Huzzah.

What subject you're going to do and Offer: Natural Sciences AAA (Phys, Chem, Maths).

College: Collingwood.

What are you most looking forward to about Durham? Meeting some awesome freshers from my college and all others, do feel free to say hello. I may look big and mighty, and you may well quiver and believe me to be capable of crushing entire worlds with my mere grasp, but you shall be spared, as I am a nice guy really.

...and Least? Going into the red!!!

What are you going to do on the first day? Probably feel a tingly aloneness in my big empty house and quite honestly... wish it wouldn't be so long before I saw my friends at home again that's always very difficult.

Why did you choose Durham as your firm? I didn't get into Cambridge and randomly decided to go to Durham and study a fairly random subject.

Is anyone you know also going to Durham or are you all on your lonesome? Had one friend from my hometown, one of my best friends actually. She lived just down the road to me, but lived down a longer road in Stockton when we moved up north.

D.O.B: 01/09/86 - I am almost twenty, gargh.

Hair colour: Shimmering brown. Like melted snail shells forced through a playdo shaper.

Eye colour: Pondwater brown..

A2 subjects: Chemistry, Maths, Physics, History, General Studies, English Literature... And an AS in Further Mathematics.

Any brothers/sisters?: Two brothers, one older and the other younger.

Any pets: Three doggies - one bichon and two lhasa apsous.

Fave band/artist: I struggle here, but I worship Incubus and REM.

Fave song: Right now.. At My Most Beautiful - REM

Fave TV show: Probably premiership years, I like to reminisce, and football is kinda cool.

Fave film: Philadelphia probably, but American beauty is right now in the frame. Kevin Spacey is an epic individual. Whoever listed the film before me, you are immense.

Fave hobby: Badmintoning! Anyone has questions, I am clubsec for the uni and will be taking club and running a stall at freshers fair. Hooray!

Fave colour: Always been red, but now a darker red/purple.

Fave food: Right now Lasagne.

Fave sport: Play - Badminton/Football and watch American football.

Which football team do you support?: Arsenal, since I was 6.

Fave non-alcoholic drink: Pepsi.

Fave alcoholic drink: Magners cider on ice or the old favourite, Malibu and coke.

How often do you drink? Alcohol, every other day probably as an average.

Do you smoke? No, never will either.

Can you play an instrument?: Does my voice count? I also am learning guitar.. and need to learn bass/drums or something so my band will actually not be pap when we record.

Can you speak a foreign language?: GCSE German. Tid bits of Spanish.

What makes you happy?: Music, good TV, decent food. Anything where the company is good.

What's your pet hate? People that disrespect me or others needlessly, and people that are stupid.

Describe yourself in 5 words: Reliable, Awkward, Cynical, Loving, Special.

Anything else you want to say... I just cycled home from a nightclub at its 4am, but I wasn't drunk so it's alright really...

I am also honoured to hear of so many interesting people coming up to Durham in the near future. Some of you are going to be AWESOME additions to the meetups next year - you beauties.

ReputationRep:
    when does this meet up usually take place? Also, does anyone else find it really hard to conceive of any Durhamers who aren't on TSR? There must be a lot but from my point of view they don't exist yet!

ReputationRep:
    Proper name: Jeff Stelling
    Nicknames: At home, close friends call me Barnes, those who know me less Barnsey. At Durham, I just get Seany. Not all that imaginative, really.
    Subject and Offer: Law ABB
    College: Hild Bede
    Most looking forward to? Living in what will surely be the best house ever, and getting, for once, an injury free season of football under my belt (and promotion!)
    ...and Least? All the people I have to pretend to like and be nice to, because society is crap and people are fake
    What are you going to do on the first day? Nowt much, probably just play Pro Evo all day and get drunk all night. Same as every day, really.
    Why Durham? I have no idea. I only put Durham on my UCAS form because it seemed a decent choice; I wanted to go to Cambridge, Nottingham and Bristol. The latter two accepted me but I just got the urge to put Durham as my firm. Weird.
    D.O.B: 2nd Cucumber 1987
    Hair colour: Browny
    Eye colour: Blue
    A2 subjects: History, Politics, Psychology, Media Studies
    Any brothers/sisters?: Nein, ich habe keine Geschwister
    Any pets: Nope
    Fave band/artist: The Libertines
    Fave song: Oo Lordy. Ecstacy of Gold by Ennio Morricone, Time For Heroes or Good Old Days by The Libertines, or This is the One by The Stone Roses.
    Fave TV show: Oo Lordy number two. The Office, Scrubs, Alan Partridge, Spaced, Doctor Who, Garth Marenghi's Dark Place.
    Fave film: Oo Lordy number three. Closer, Gladiatior, Romeo and Juliet, Se7en, Primal Fear, The Matrix
    Fave hobby: Football
    Fave colour: Blue
    Fave food: Bacon and Sausage sandwiches
    Which football team do you support?: Boro
    Fave non-alcoholic drink: Water or Dr Pepper
    Fave alcoholic drink: A nice pint of bitter
    How often do you drink? Twice, thrice a week
    Do you smoke? No
    Can you play an instrument?: No
    Can you speak a foreign language?: Pretty good German
    What makes you happy?: Football and friends
    What's your pet hate? Ignorance, rudeness, unjustified arrogance, people who think they're funny(*1), and people cheating on girlfriends/boyfriends
    Describe yourself in 5 words: Ignorant, rude, arrogant, and unfaithful(*2)
    Anything else you want to say... Yes

(*2)just to make sure: that is a joke, I am not unfaithful or ignorant or rude. I may be slightly arrogant but that is just because I'm better than you.(*3)

(*3) another joke - see (*1)

ReputationRep:
    Proper name: Kathryn

Nicknames: None really

What subject you're going to do and Offer: English and History

What are you most looking forward to about Durham? The first year not counting towards the final degree, pub crawls, formals, meeting lots of new people, opportunities

...and Least? I really dont want to share a room

What are you going to do on the first day? Probably get drunk and talk to lots of people

Why did you choose Durham as your firm? I really dont know why. Felt comfortable there I think!

Is anyone you know also going to Durham or are you all on your lonesome? I know a couple of people but none of them are my close friends

D.O.B: 16/10/1987

Hair colour: Blonde/light brown

A2 subjectsistory, English Lit and Lang Combined, French, Sociology, General Studies

Any brothers/sisters?: 1 brother

Any pets: nope

Fave band/artist: I dont really have one. I like lots of people

Fave song: depends on my mood

Fave TV show: Dawsons Creek (Ive only ever met one person who shares my love for this programme)

Fave film: Vanilla Sky, The Butterfly Effect, Pretty Woman, Pride and Prejudice (sorry, couldnt choose one!)

Fave hobby: Keep fit

Fave colour: hmmmm I like to wear grey but I like red and blue

Fave food: Chocoloate

Fave sport: Running

Which football team do you support?: Newcastle

Fave non-alcoholic drink: J20

Fave alcoholic drink:Vodka, Baby Woo Woo

How often do you drink? Im a bit of a binge drinker. I wont drink for weeks n then I get extremely drunk.

Do you smoke? Noooo

Can you play an instrument?: Sadly no but I sing

Can you speak a foreign language?: No even though I did A-Level french

What makes you happy?: Being with the people I love (corny or what?)

What's your pet hate? *****iness

Describe yourself in 5 words: Crazy, funny, self-assured, dedicated, determined

Anything else you want to say... Cant wait to meet you all

ReputationRep:
    Proper name: Alistair

Nicknames: Ali/Smoo(don't ask, please)

What subject you're going to do and Offer: Geography (BA)

What are you most looking forward to about Durham? Going back! (in 2007-8)

...and Least?Being away for my year abroad!

What are you going to do on the first day? Sleep!

Why did you choose Durham as your firm? Fell in love with it on the two-day open day, it was fantastic.

Is anyone you know also going to Durham or are you all on your lonesome? All the people from last year.

D.O.B: 13/6/1987

Hair colour: Dark brown

Eye colour: Brown

A2 subjects:Geography,Economics,Politics,Hi story,General Studies, AEA Economics

Any brothers/sisters?: Only child baybee

Any pets: None

Fave band/artist:Radiohead/DJ Shadow/Sonic Youth/Capdown/Le Tigre/Leonard Cohen/Pink Floyd

Fave song:There are many

Fave TV show: Scrubs!Green Wing!South Park! HOUSE!

Fave film: Shawshank Redemption

Fave hobby: Cricket/Reading/Internet/Drinking

Fave colour: Red

Fave food: Pizza

Fave sport: Cricket

Which football team do you support?: Newcastle

Fave non-alcoholic drink:Coke

Fave alcoholic drink:Real ale!

How often do you drink? Medium amounts medium of the time.

Do you smoke? Nope

Can you play an instrument?: Not a chance

Can you speak a foreign language?: Passable French, very basic German and...Latin

What makes you happy?: Being with the girlfriend, pizza,friends and beer. A good evening involves all of them.

What's your pet hate? Bad grammar and stupid people.

Describe yourself in 5 words: Arrogant,sarcastic,secretly-nice,geeky,unreliable.

Anything else you want to saySee you next year, y'all.

ReputationRep:
    Proper name: Judith

Nicknames: Jood

Location:At the moment Plymouth, from 13th September Salamanca, Spain.

What subject you're going to do and Offer: Politics(European Studies) Third year abroad on ERASMUS

What are you most looking forward to about Durham? Going back! (in 2007-8)

...and Least?Being away for my year abroad! Coming back and knowing that a pint of Sam Smith's will have probably gone up by 4 pence in the Swan and Three and even less in the Colpitts.:p:

What are you going to do on the first day? The first day back in 2007? Probably trek up Claypath and have a pint in the Woodman to reminisce about 2005/6.

Why did you choose Durham as your firm?Visited it many moons ago and even though it was tipping it down, I loved it. I also liked the charity shops on North Road, they gave me many Supergrass singles.

Is anyone you know also going to Durham or are you all on your lonesome? I'm on my own in Spain!

D.O.B: 23/10/1985

Hair colour: Brown

Eye colour: Green

A2 subjectsng Lit, French, General Studies, History, Politics

Any brothers/sisters?: Older brother aged 24

Any pets: None

Fave band/artist:Manics/Muse/Belle and Sebastian/Oysterband/

Fave song:Spanish Dance Troupe- Gorky's Zygotic Mynci/ Put Out the Lights- Oysterband/Spanish Bombs- The Clash

Fave TV show:University Challenge, Neighbours, Brass Eye

Fave film: Amelie/School of Rock

Fave hobby: Reading/Playing the Guitar/Walking/Spanish/Watching Football, particularly Northern League and or Plymouth Argyle

Fave colour: Green

Fave food: Fish and Chips

Which football team do you support?: Plymouth Argyle, Celtic, Blyth Spartans, Union Deportiva Salamanca

Fave non-alcoholic drink:Tea

Fave alcoholic drink:Real ale!

How often do you drink? In moderation, then when not in moderation not so moderately.

Do you smoke? Nah butwould I want to?

Can you play an instrument?: Guitar, Piano, Penny Whistle, Xylophone, Violin(very very badly)

Can you speak a foreign language?: French, Spanish, bits and bobs of Polish and Hungarian.

What makes you happy?:Being with good friends, having good conversations and possibly a drink or two, and in a good pub too. Also travelling anywhere with Tom.

What's your pet hate? People saying "pacific" instead of "specific".

Describe yourself in 5 words: Geeky, Weird, Friendly, Chatterbox, Loveable

Anything else you want to sayTo all the Freshers: remember your first year is also a year for social and emotional development as well as academic development. Don't overworry on exams.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, are us oldie doing this now. yay

Proper name: Steven Gardner
    Nicknames: Steve, Stevie G, G, G-Unit, G string
    What subject you're going to do and Offer: AAB MSci Theoretical Physics
    What are you most looking forward to about Durham? Moving in to my new house with the nice estate agents instead of the crappy ex-landlord who won't give us our deposit back!!! :mad:
    ...and Least? Not sure there is anything really, after spending the summer working durham always seems like a holiday
    What are you going to do on the first day? Not a clue, whatever i feel like probably
    Why did you choose Durham as your firm? Came up for an interview and totally loved the place despite having spent the previous few months being totally conviced that i wanted to go to imperial college
    Is anyone you know also going to Durham or are you all on your lonesome? There is one other other person in my year at school who goes, don't really see him much though. And he took a gap year so when i went for first year i was all alone
    D.O.B: 08/08/86
    Hair colour: Brown
    A2 subjects: Maths Chemistry Physics
    Any brothers/sisters?: 1 younger sister aged 18
    Any pets: nope
    Fave band/artist: Stereophonics, Snow Patrol, Muse, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, We Are Scientists in that order
    Fave song: Superman, Stereophonics
    Fave TV show: LOST, scrubs, The earlier Simpsons, Peep Show
    Fave film: far too many to name really
    Fave hobby: chess and poker
    Fave colour: don't really have one
    Fave food: gammon steak
    Fave sport: To play: squash To watch: American Football
    Which football team do you support?: Blackburn Rovers
    Fave non-alcoholic drink: full-sugar full caffiene coca cola
    Fave alcoholic drink: Don't know really
    How often do you drink? 2 nights a week usually
    Do you smoke? Nope
    Can you play an instrument?: Not yet, but i plan on learning the drums at some point
    Can you speak a foreign language?: B in GCSE French, so no I can't
    What makes you happy?: Winning
    What's your pet hate? Arrogance
    Describe yourself in 5 words: Sarcastic Cynical Quiet Ultra-Competitive Sceptic

ReputationRep:
    Which football team do you support?: Blackburn Rovers
    Gd choice Though what a ****e start to the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heli Yov)
    Fave film: Sound of Music - don't laugh^o)
    :five: excellent taste

ReputationRep:
    Thanks most of my friends and family dispare!

I keep editing my profiley thing when i see other peoples and remeber legendary stuff like Pimms! and Green Wing how could i forget it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heli Yov)
    Thanks most of my friends and family dispare!

I keep editing my profiley thing when i see other peoples and remeber legendary stuff like Pimms! and Green Wing how could i forget it?!
    :eek: You've seen QI being filmed?!? Soooooo jealous! Was it awesome?? For the new series? wowww

pimms is legendary - have u ever had it with pomegranate juice? called a pimpom lol

green wing = :suith:

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.