Report 12 years ago
I got an A despite doing the Foundation Listening so I'm over the moon
lovers in japan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A* So very very happy right now.

Calcium, I know, it's a great word! Should really thank Benoit, he taught me it, but I don't know where he lives :p:
Berto90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I still can't believe I got an A* in this. In the writing exam, one of my sentences translated as "I knew with the principal to discuss environmental issues". How I mixed up the words recontre and connu I'll never know :rolleyes:
Cakeface
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I found parts of the listening exam quite hard and had to guess a few. I got an A overall though so I must have guessed most of them right :p:
Gooner
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow, well done guys on getting all of these amazing A and A* grades! It's truly shocking after this year's papers getting an A or an A* isn't it? I was over the moon when I got my A*, and was eclectic when I opened my second envelope, with an AQA Top 5 letter in it Well done everybody!
calcium878
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by gooner1592)
Wow, well done guys on getting all of these amazing A and A* grades! It's truly shocking after this year's papers getting an A or an A* isn't it? I was over the moon when I got my A*, and was eclectic when I opened my second envelope, with an AQA Top 5 letter in it Well done everybody!
Were you thinking about multiple lines of approach to a forthcoming situation, or were you ecstatic, and extremely happy about your results?! :p:
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calcium878)
Were you thinking about multiple lines of approach to a forthcoming situation, or were you ecstatic, and extremely happy about your results?! :p:
Isn't 'eclectic' a word? My German teacher always says it and so I've kind of adopted that word from her:confused:
calcium878
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Isn't 'eclectic' a word? My German teacher always says it and so I've kind of adopted that word from her:confused:
It is indeed, and means to consider all the theories/possibilites of a situation, hence my previous post :p: I'm not sure if you were eclectic, but you were certainly ecstatic I bet
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calcium878)
It is indeed, and means to consider all the theories/possibilites of a situation, hence my previous post :p: I'm not sure if you were eclectic, but you were certainly ecstatic I bet
Oi! You!!! Don't you disrespect my English skills DUDE!:p: Hehe, sorry, but yeah, I certainly was ecstatic - the letter kind of brought a slight tear to my eyes
calcium878
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Let's just say we both did really well
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, Calcium, let's!
Human Being
Report 12 years ago
Helloo! May I join the Top 5 French club? Although my teacher opened my envelope and then gave it to me, which I find quite rude! Not that I particularly cared at that moment Just very surprised!!
calcium878
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well done Human Being, my teacher opened mine aswell Although it doesn't help when the envelope just said "High Scoring Candidate" but had no reference to the said achiever. How many Top 5s in French have we racked up between us all now?! :p:
Human Being
Report 12 years ago
Mine had my name on . It's very funny, I don't think my parents have yet realised that it isn't just 5 people in the whole country who get it. Bless them. I don't plan on telling them any time soon either.. .
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So, let me get this straight. The Top 5 awards are given to those students who get the top 5 marks, so for example there could be 4 people who, in AQA French Spec A who got 360, whereas there may be 200 people who got 359 UMS marks, and since there is no way of just choosing 1 out of that 200, they all get it? Is that right?:confused:
quintsy
Badges: 3
Report 12 years ago
So, let me get this straight. The Top 5 awards are given to those students who get the top 5 marks, so for example there could be 4 people who, in AQA French Spec A who got 360, whereas there may be 200 people who got 359 UMS marks, and since there is no way of just choosing 1 out of that 200, they all get it? Is that right?:confused:
Providing some people get 360, the top five marks are 356-360. Anyone who receives any of those marks receives a top five letter. If the top mark is 357, the top five marks are 353, 354, 355, 356, 357.

It's not the five people who get the best marks, it's the top five marks. So there could be thirty people who get the top five marks, or there could conceivably be hundreds.

(Just don't tell your parents )
a_man_1066
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by suuuuuuseh)
(Just don't tell your parents )
:rofl::p:

Yes, though I think it actually has some small note at the bottom explaining it all (it did on mine, which was for Maths actually). And my parents knew already, damn.
calcium878
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, shame my Mum saw that footnote too
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hehe, My Mum didn't really understand the footnote so I told her that, as far as I knew, It was the top 5 People who achieved the best grade in every subject with AQA, but there could be more than 5 people who tied in 'x' place. However, I'm not going to bother telling her the truth now:p: Even so, I got 360/360, so I'm hardly going to moan about that, am I? :p:
calcium878
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:ditto: Full marks here aswell, let's just be happy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads