Announcements

ReputationRep:
    my inspiration for when it comes to journalism

i love you

ReputationRep:
    How can anyone think the Conservatives are worse than Labour? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Observatory)
    To read this you would think that the left wing was just some objective truth, rather than a set of opinions.

As for the BBC, I think you're both far overstating the case. It's true the BBC is an establishment mouthpiece and that the establishment is not waving a flag stained red with the blood of the proletariat, but the establishment consensus is nonetheless social democrat. It might seem right wing to someone on the far left, but this is due to that person's own distorted perspective. A one nation Tory is ultimately on the left wing of the Conservative party, and yet Paxman thinks this placed him on the far right of the spectrum of people employed by the BBC. I doubt that being a Blairite would place one on the far left of the BBC spectrum!
    I think the thing that disappoints me is that he gave off leftish vibes quite often, I don't think I'm shocked to discover he isn't a Marxist-Leninist or anything.

I agree up to a point about the BBC and social democracy, but my case would be that it is much more to the neoliberal and pro-market end of social democracy than to the other end. It's strongly of the Blairite and Osborne/Cameroonian persuasion rather than the Fabian. I only raise this because if you read any of the right wing papers or blogs, you would gain the impression that the Beeb is riddled with Trots, which is risible.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.