Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask me anything about.....relationships :E Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    What should I eat for breakfast oh love guru?
    hmmmm depends what you fancy...something heavy or something light?

Then second question something quick or something that takes a bit of time?

Answer those two and the guru will have a response for you in the next reply

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgy Git)
    No worries lol, happens to even the brightest

No, she blocked me on Facebook 4 to 6 months in ... this is what's doing my head in, and the fact that her friends all hated my guts.

I've got a hint she isn't seeing anyone .. I saw a picture of her yesterday in my newsfeed with a couple people I knew from Uni, and there's no guy there ... She takes a lot of pictures I've noticed. My friends from up there, who lived in her dorm all told me she's single.

hehe so true.

hmm it is a pity that her friends hate your cuts because the best thing would have been to go to them rather than going directly to her and then they could have told you what she was feeling and if she did miss you.

There is part of me that is thinking you should just go for it and see, I mean if you don't find out you'll be haunted by the question "What if?" for a long time. The question is now how are you going to contact her. If you just go down there do you think she will be willing to hear you out/ listen to what you have to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingzebra)
    Someone called for a foxy zebra?
    Look, i'm not a racist. But me and zebras... We don't get along very well. Its not like those white and black stripes are bad or anything. I just feel that you Zebra's are too "black & white" for me. I hope you understand.

ReputationRep:
    No. 1 How do you keep a conversation going, without repetitively asking questions?

No. 2 Name 10 conversation starters which are not cliched or cheesy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery Me)
    Look, i'm not a racist. But me and zebras... We don't get along very well. Its not like those white and black stripes are bad or anything. I just feel that you Zebra's are too "black & white" for me. I hope you understand.
    IZ IT CUZ I'M BLACK AND WHITE CUZ?

Just because you don't know how to shake what yo' momma' gave ya, doesn't mean you can't take it out on us zebra folk....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    No. 1 How do you keep a conversation going, without repetitively asking questions?

1. Find commonality, establish rapport. Read up on this abit if you need to
    2. Depends on the context

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    hehe so true.

hmm it is a pity that her friends hate your cuts because the best thing would have been to go to them rather than going directly to her and then they could have told you what she was feeling and if she did miss you.

There is part of me that is thinking you should just go for it and see, I mean if you don't find out you'll be haunted by the question "What if?" for a long time. The question is now how are you going to contact her. If you just go down there do you think she will be willing to hear you out/ listen to what you have to say?
    As in go drive to her house unannouced? ... that wouldn't work, I'm sure ... I'd have to somehow get in contact with her first ... tell her that her friend added me, and I'm not sure what it's all about ... I would go up and see her only then, and have a talk to see what we could do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)

hmmm interesting question. Try and use their response to take the conversation in a new direction. For example if someone says Have you tried a particular kind of food and then you will reply accordingly. Rather than asking them a question back you can try and take the conversation in a new direction maybe something a long the lines of "I can't cook to save my life but I wish I could." and then pause it there and now they should naturally take over and say "Omg yeah I know what you mean I do enjoy cooking blah blah blah" lool. Its a funny question though because if you think about it conversations are just really composed of people asking each other a bunch of questions

omggg this one is so hard. Gosh has it got to be 10

ReputationRep:
    Then no your not insane. People will say "omg you were so young" or "you should have totally waited". You're clearly happy and have no regrets so no I wouldn't say you were insane. You followed your heart, followed that impulse and did what you thought was right . I'd say you were brave rather than insane to be honest. In that situation I know I would have definitely listened to those around me saying "this can't be right" or "yes they are right I am far too young" rather than just going for what felt right so no to answer your question I don't think your insane..quite admirable in fact
    That's the nicest answer I've ever had for my question.

Next question, how do you approach a partner if their snoring gets quite bad? A friend asked me this and my usual solution wouldn't work for an early relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    IZ IT CUZ I'M BLACK AND WHITE CUZ?

Just because you don't know how to shake what yo' momma' gave ya, doesn't mean you can't take it out on us zebra folk....
    Calm down. Yea, sometimes, when i look at you zebra's running. I see your raw flesh moving and pulsating like little waves. I feel like eating you with some tomato sauce. And don't be mad at me for this because you've had lions chase you like hell. You don't yell at lions do you? Why do despise me then? Anyways, no hard feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgy Git)
    As in go drive to her house unannouced? ... that wouldn't work, I'm sure ... I'd have to somehow get in contact with her first ... tell her that her friend added me, and I'm not sure what it's all about ... I would go up and see her only then, and have a talk to see what we could do.
    Nooo :eek: don't drive to her house unannounced I agree with you when you say it would not work. Are there any friends of hers that could give you her mobile number. I think if she can hear your voice it might be more meaningful than just sending facebook messages in which you can't really interpret the tone of anything.

Do you think that could work. If you spoke to her on the phone do you think she would be willing to meet up for a talk?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystery Me)
    Calm down. Yea, sometimes, when i look at you zebra's running. I see your raw flesh moving and pulsating like little waves. I feel like eating you with some tomato sauce. And don't be mad at me for this because you've had lions chase you like hell. You don't yell at lions do you? Why do despise me then? Anyways, no hard feelings.
    YOU KNOW WHAT.

I could really do with a pop tart right now. Truce?

ReputationRep:
    YOU KNOW WHAT.

chocolate or jam :perv: ?

ReputationRep:
    chocolate or jam :perv: ?

Definitely jam. You can't beat an original

ReputationRep:
    YOU KNOW WHAT.

Yes, of coarse! I will buy you some pop tarts and you could pay for it

And i suggest you to dip your pop tarts inside a bottle of tomato sauce. Chocolates and Jams are so outdated nowadays. Did you see that woman who ate chocolates a few weeks back? She turned into a unicorn.

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird for a girl to make a move on a guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaddieG)
    Is it weird for a girl to make a move on a guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Girl it's the 21st century, most things go. Which is kind of depressing...

I don't think its weird but don't initiate everything. It should be 50/50.

Then again what would I know? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    Girl it's the 21st century, most things go. Which is kind of depressing...

I don't think its weird but don't initiate everything. It should be 50/50.

Then again what would I know? :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Some people think it's desperate but when I like a guy I usually go up and talk to him

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some people think it's desperate but when I like a guy I usually go up and talk to him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You need a 30 carat gold trophy, just for that!

It's not desperate for a girl to make a move first ... those people are just idiots.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think it's desperate, if you want to talk to someone (obviously thinking about it first) you should. If they say no or cut you off it's their loss

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.