Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is it like to be beautiful/handsome Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danalwill)
    Being followed around school by little year 8 girls, giggling and pinching my bum gets rather annoying. Happens to a couple guys in my year by the same girls. These hoes ain't loyal I suppose.
    I feel you bro. Happened to me all through highschool. Little groups of year 7/8 girls following you around telling their other friends stuff like 'Oh we're best friends. We're like this *crosses fingers*' rofl

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, but I've always felt less interesting or less important because I'm not the attractive one. My sister is pretty and for example, our much older cousins always speak to her and show interest in her life as if there's some sort of connotation that I do not have anything valid or interesting to say because I'm not good looking. Before GCSEs and A-levels everyone also assumed she was the intelligent one.

When I'm with a more attractive friend, people will speak to them and generally ignore me or a worse example would be when I was out with a very attractive friend and some men audibly went 'wow look at that' and 'no way' to me and then proceeded to invite my friend out. I don't approve of that kind of objectification in the slightest and I'll admit it would make me feel uncomfortable (but she's used to it, and accepts it, which still horrifies me) but the fact that I've lost all value because I'm not attractive kind of sucks. Heck, I was still being objectified as something to objectively hit on if I were attractive rather than the person I am but that's a different matter.

The worst thing was just the bullying and the fact that I'm just ignored or patronized by boys and I do genuinely believe it's because I'm not good looking, again, as if that 100% negates my importance. Kind of rude.

Anyway, I can understand the alternative perspective. I can imagine it must be kind of lame to be picked on by other girls for being good looking. I've never really been a ***** to girls for how they look because I know how it feels for girls to make horrible comments to me like 'you'll need a nose job before he likes you', and me saying something nasty doesn't make me feel any better. Besides, no one can help what they look like and that goes for attractive or not attractive. If a girl constantly flaunts how attractive she is in my face, clearly looking down on me, then I have a problem with her. Equally, people who go on and on about how ugly they are when they *aren't even ugly* really pisses me off. You literally have guys drooling at your feet. I've actively been told by my own family that I 'got the brains and [my] sister got the looks'. THANKS GUYS I'LL JUST DIE ALONE THEN SHALL I

tl;dr I just wish people wouldn't hold it against each other for being ugly OR beautiful. I'm not attractive to you? Okay, so view me as a person rather than someone to bang. That girl is attractive? Don't be a ***** to her/treat her like a piece of meat. She is also a person who didn't ask to be attractive.

...also there's someone out there for everyone. As I said, I'm not attractive, but guys have liked me. And guess what, I actually do like guys who aren't considered conventionally attractive. We're not all going for the 'beautiful' people (who are considered attractive by other attractive people). I don't go for people 'out of my league'. Tis all relative anyway. Big muscly 'sexy' guys do not appeal to me, and I don't appeal to them. I'm ugly to guys I don't want to be considered attractive by, which is mostly a good thing. Again, my problem is that that's all they see in me. Ugh.

tl;dr #2 I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty cool actually
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just kidding, I wouldn't know :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hariex)
    Certainly. However, I do not think that there is an instance where belittlement is not a direct consequence of someone's self-flattery. Unless they're by themselves, in which case they are extremely vain. :rolleyes:
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, I've witnessed plenty of situations where said acknowledgement has not resulted in anyone's belittlement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missfats)
    Are you jealous that you didn't inherit good genes?

Bless. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww missfatsy is insecure, :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danalwill)
    Being followed around school by little year 8 girls, giggling and pinching my bum gets rather annoying. Happens to a couple guys in my year by the same girls. These hoes ain't loyal I suppose.
    lo

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not sure if I'm an attractive guy or not, and I've never really given it much thought. I'd say I'm probably of average looks, so to help my own confidence I work out a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, I've witnessed plenty of situations where said acknowledgement has not resulted in anyone's belittlement.
    I agree to agree to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    I'm certain I'm not model quality but I don't know to gauge how physically attractive or ugly I am. I don't do great in attracting women but that could be just due my social ineptitude. I hope that's the case as I can improve on that.

I also have a big nose. I hate my god dam nose That and my ears are kind of asymmetrical

(Original post by CarysMoo)
    And guess what, I actually do like guys who aren't considered conventionally attractive.
    Hello :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I'm certain I'm not model quality but I don't know to gauge how physically attractive or ugly I am. I don't do great in attracting women but that could be just due my social ineptitude. I hope that's the case as I can improve on that.

I also have a big nose. I hate my god dam nose That and my ears are kind of asymmetrical

Hello :sexface:
    Ohai. I also have a big nose. Big nose appreciation society!

ReputationRep:
    Ohai. I also have a big nose. Big nose appreciation society!
    Atleast I'm not alone

ReputationRep:
    Atleast I'm not alone
    Nothing wrong with a big nose. Like, having big 'other things' is always acceptable, so what's wrong with having a big nose? At least you can steal more free air.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with a big nose. Like, having big 'other things' is always acceptable, so what's wrong with having a big nose? At least you can steal more free air.

ReputationRep:
    :mmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.