The Student Room Group

Should Abortion be made illegal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Odd socks
Denying women the right to their bodies is pretty misogynistic :smile:

But yeah, you don't have to listen to anyone's opinions, does make me wonder why you made the thread in the first place though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone makes threads to share their own point of view which I did as well. I didn't deny their rights by simply sharing my point of view. Its not like it is going to be made illegal.
Denying women the right to their bodies is pretty misogynistic :smile:

But yeah, you don't have to listen to anyone's opinions, does make me wonder why you made the thread in the first place though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely then denying a child it's life is murder?
Reply 82
It's difficult to give a straight "yes" or "no" because every woman has a different reason to abort the child/baby/fetus - whatever you want to call it. Depending on the circumstances, e.g. the woman was raped - I can understand why she would want to abort, but if it's simply because contraception didn't work or no contraception was used, why can't the parent/s deal with the "mistake" they made? I think abortion is really unnecessary but, like I said before, it really just comes down to the reasoning for it and how many weeks gone the woman is. Also, I think people are forgetting that women who have abortions have to deal with the psychological and emotional affects of essentially killing her child. Yes, she may have been assaulted which is already eating away at her and causing pain to think of having a child who is a product of a disgusting crime, but I don't think abortion really "fixes" the problem or gives her peace. I also believe that abortion should be done as soon as you decide to have one, not at the cut off point. Even at 12 weeks the fetus is beginning to resemble a human and have you seen a partial-birth abortion? It's not only heartbreaking but also cruel and inhumane, some even consider it to be torture. So, really I am swayed to the yes side of this argument although I do respect that a woman can do what she wants and she may have her reasons to do so.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
A point of pedantry - foetuses are very much alive, as were the egg and sperm that combined to produce them. I see your point, though, that they shouldn't be treated as human beings.

sperm and egg cells in isolation are also "alive" as a matter of biology, but obviously I meant actual significant human sentience and awareness
Original post by Rosie786
Everyone makes threads to share their own point of view which I did as well. I didn't deny their rights by simply sharing my point of view. Its not like it is going to be made illegal.

Then don't complain about people sharing their opposing point of view.

Original post by Marky Mark
Surely then denying a child it's life is murder?

Only if you consider an embryo or fetus a child. I believe that everyone should have the right to their own body and shouldn't have to sacrifice their physical or mental health to aid someone else, similar to the above poster's example of kidney donation
Reply 85
Then don't complain about people sharing their opposing point of view.

Can you point out anywhere that I had complained. On the other hand everyone is complaining about mine for example, you.
Can you point out anywhere that I had complained. On the other hand everyone is complaining about mine for example, you.

You're saying that you're being ganged up on by people who are simply making fair points from your opening post, ie judging your views to be misogynistic.

I'm not complaining about anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The reason i object is that i find this immoral to abort a fetus.

I see it the same as killing a person.

Why?

That fetus had all right to be born and see the world as you and me are seeing it today

Why?
Reply 88
You're saying that you're being ganged up on by people who are simply making fair points from your opening post, ie judging your views to be misogynistic.

I'm not complaining about anything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol so what does that suggest to you. I didn't complain but clearly pointed out that everyone is complaining about my views and calling me misogynistic.
Reply 89
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Why?

Why?

What do you mean why? I already explained.
What do you mean why? I already explained.

You haven't explained why you think foetuses should have the same rights as people.
Reply 91
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
You haven't explained why you think foetuses should have the same rights as people.

Hmmm lets see. Please don't take offence. I'm saying it beforehand so you don't.

What if your mom aborted you when you were only a fetus? You wouldn't be talking to me at this very moment.
Hmmm lets see. Please don't take offence. I'm saying it beforehand so you don't.

What if your mom aborted you when you were only a fetus? You wouldn't be talking to me at this very moment.

Well in my case she'd have had a much better life. My mum got pregnant with me when she was 18, I effectively ruined her life, and if she'd had an abortion she would have been able to go to college and follow her dreams instead of being stick raising a baby. And it's not like I would care, I wouldn't have known a thing about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Well in my case she'd have had a much better life. My mum got pregnant with me when she was 18, I effectively ruined her life, and if she'd had an abortion she would have been able to go to college and follow her dreams instead of being stick raising a baby. And it's not like I would care, I wouldn't have known a thing about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well not everyone thinks like you.

But your mum loves you regardless even if you ruined her life.
Well not everyone thinks like you.

But your mum loves you regardless even if you ruined her life.

I'd rather she was happy :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't impose my viewpoint. I just shared it. However everyone is ganging up on me and imposing theirs on me instead. :rolleyes:

Well, no, you're not currently imposing your viewpoint on anybody. But you've also made clear that you'd like abortion made illegal. That would be an imposition of your viewpoint onto others. That's all I meant.
Original post by Dalek1099
Its quite silly anyway to abort because if you have sex the you most subconsciously want to have a baby because thats the whole reason for sex in the first place.

So very wrong, having sex doesn't mean you subconsciously want a child, and that isn't the whole reason for having sex anyway - it's one of the reasons, but we also have sex for social bonding, health benefits and because it is fun.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 97
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Well, no, you're not currently imposing your viewpoint on anybody. But you've also made clear that you'd like abortion made illegal. That would be an imposition of your viewpoint onto others. That's all I meant.

These are two different things. But whatever tickles your pickles.
Doesn't mean you don't :wink: how can i believe you then?

Being a misogynist is hating women. I do not... considering I'm a female myself. I have an opinion which differs to some because of course not everyone can have the same opinions. I didn't label them as something which they are not. Like I said before. ''NO NEED FOR PERSONAL ATTACKS

Just going to point out now that being female does not on its own mean your aren't a misogynist, by that logic a homosexual can't be homophobic, a black man can't eb racist against blacks and a Jew can't be antisemitic.
Reply 99
Original post by Jammy Duel
Just going to point out now that being female does not on its own mean your aren't a misogynist, by that logic a homosexual can't be homophobic, a black man can't eb racist against blacks and a Jew can't be antisemitic.

I don't need to prove to you or to anyone that if I'm misogynistic or not. Keep thinking whatever you like. :smile:

Yes I'm white so in that way i cannot possibly be racist towards white people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending