Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi ladies! Apologies for jumping in so late lol; but I'm so happy to see ladies wanting to take on engineering! This is just awesome! I want to do petroleum engineering; I've applied at Leeds, Aberdeen, Manchester, Surrey and Portsmouth (my preferences in that order). I'm still waiting for an offer (keeping my hopes up, seeing that no one has rejected me yet lol). If I do (hopefully) get into Leeds, I'll be starting Sept 2015. Can't even begin to describe my excitement!!!! But first, must get over this barrier of offers (it's kind of making me anxious lol). Anyone else who's applied for Sept 2015?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey lebeko, I've replied to you in the Leeds applicants forum! I've gotten offers so far from Leeds, Portsmouth and Aberdeen. I'm still waiting for an answer from Manchester (which is my top choice and Leeds in second place). I'm also starting in the fall of 2015, so if I don't get in to Manchester, I'll see you at Leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey all! I've got an unconditional to study Mechanical Engineering at Warwick starting Sep '15.

Looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    Yup I have unconditional offers for civil engineering and currently work as an engineers assistant on a road construction site

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quinlov)
    Yup I have unconditional offers for civil engineering and currently work as an engineers assistant on a road construction site

Posted from TSR Mobile

What university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigboateng)
    What university?
    Loughborough, Nottingham, heriot watt, Birmingham.
    Either going for loughborough or Nottingham I think

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubblegumcat)
    thanks next year i want to try and find some work experience, maybe something chem eng related or chemistry related, to see if chem eng is really for me another set-back though is that i take statistic modules with maths when engineering degrees prefer mechanics, however i've only become interested in chem eng recently, argh oh well
    I was in the exact same position as you!! It's only been 5 months since I decided I wanted to go for chemical engineering. I thought I was in the worst position, with no physics A-level and not really an interest in the field, no experience of mechanics whatsoever and no experience in chemical engineering. i thought every university would shun me!But then I went to several University open days, and asked the admissions tutors if you really need physics in chem eng to survive, and nearly all of them said "as long as you have a physical science, we don't care what it is - be it chemistry or physics" and "are you good at maths?" i said hell yeah! "Then you'll be fine"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameis-)
    I was in the exact same position as you!! It's only been 5 months since I decided I wanted to go for chemical engineering. I thought I was in the worst position, with no physics A-level and not really an interest in the field, no experience of mechanics whatsoever and no experience in chemical engineering. i thought every university would shun me!But then I went to several University open days, and asked the admissions tutors if you really need physics in chem eng to survive, and nearly all of them said "as long as you have a physical science, we don't care what it is - be it chemistry or physics" and "are you good at maths?" i said hell yeah! "Then you'll be fine"
    oh that's really great to hear! what universities did you visit? are you in year 13?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for civil at Swansea or Plymouth?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate2996)
    Anyone applied for civil at Swansea or Plymouth?!?!
    I've applied for civil engineering at Swansea, plymouth , liverpool john moores, exeter and brighton

ReputationRep:
    Have you had offers?? Where are your firm and insurance choices going to be??

ReputationRep:
    My offer was A*AA. I imagine it's still the same. At the time it was three As for the BEng course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riddleofrevenge)
    you got into durham? with what grades?
    Offer was A*AA, that was for the MEng

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you had offers?? Where are your firm and insurance choices going to be??
    Yeah 4/5 so far, Haven't heard from Plymouth yet.

1st choice I think will be Exeter (ABB) or LJM's (ABB) I think my insurance will be Swansea (BBB) what about you?

I've heard good things about Swansea for civil engineering and I really love the idea of living and studying in Liverpool, but I've always loved Exeter. The only thing I'm unsure about is apparently Exeter is quite elitist? I guess I'll know for sure after the applicant days

ReputationRep:
    I've had 5/5 and think it'll be Swansea as firm and Plymouth as insurance (I'm from Plymouth but the course looks so good). Yes, I've heard the same about Exeter because it's Russell group isn't it?! Are you going to Swansea and Plymouth open days?? I'm undecided about whether to go to them or not.
    I might go to the Swansea one but I've seen Plymouth a bunch of times so I might skip that one, everyone seems to agree that Swansea is really good for engineering so it might completely change my mind if i go, you never know the campus could be amazing. I have no idea when the applicant days even are, have you heard anything? I'll have to check on the site

ReputationRep:
    I've have 5/5 and think it'll be Swansea as firm and Plymouth as insurance (I'm from Plymouth but the course looks so good). Yes, I've heard the same about Exeter because it's Russell group isn't it?! Are you going to Swansea and Plymouth open days?? I'm undecided about whether to go to them or not.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Swansea open day and it was soooo nice. The brand new, engineering only, Bay Campus is currently being built so I doubt the applicant day will be at the correct campus. But, it is definitely worth going up and having a look if you haven't been....it's right on the beach...sooooo nice!! I have applicant day invitations so I'll see if I can find the dates for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HTurnbull)
    I might go to the Swansea one but I've seen Plymouth a bunch of times so I might skip that one, everyone seems to agree that Swansea is really good for engineering so it might completely change my mind if i go, you never know the campus could be amazing. I have no idea when the applicant days even are, have you heard anything? I'll have to check on the site
    From personal experience, swansea is a great place for engineering, maybe gonna be my firm choice

ReputationRep:
    to anyone applying for chemical rngineering, what work experience did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riddleofrevenge)
    From personal experience, swansea is a great place for engineering, maybe gonna be my firm choice
    When you say personal experience does that mean you have seen the new bay campus? That's one thing that is making me unsure about swansea, because my college was still being built during my a levels I really don't want to be working and living on a building site again. I can't seem to find any recent pictures of what its like now and what we should expect in September...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.