Last Monday

Friend: Joe this is my friend *insert name*
    Her: Hi
    Me: Hi

*Awkward silence between us for the rest of the day*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh wait, I just remembered!
    I was texting two people at once, including my friend and a guy who was just telling me about how he had just been to his grandmother's funeral that was an open casket. I replied with "Haha, wow you slut! I'm sure you were aroused ". :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasaur)
    Oh wait, I just remembered!
    I was texting two people at once, including my friend and a guy who was just telling me about how he had just been to his grandmother's funeral that was an open casket. I replied with "Haha, wow you slut! I'm sure you were aroused ". :facepalm:
    Oh my gosh, what did he say?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauren1x12)
    Oh my gosh, what did he say?!
    I didn't give him a chance to respond, because I rushed to create an apology with an explanation. After that he just said "lol, don't worry. That's one way to cheer someone up.." Although our length of conversation has decreased a lot since then...

ReputationRep:
    I was having a lunch that cost €29 point something but I only had €20 and higher notes. Instead of just saying 35, I asked him to take the value on the bill, add 15 per cent for him, round the sum up to the nearest euro, and bring back the rest, which was five euros… :rolleyes: At least we both had a good laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iammeyouareyou)
    I don't know why I do this but whenever I see somebody that I know by face (or even by name) but not as friends on the street, I always put my head down and walk on like I haven't seen them. It makes people think I'm a *****. I don't know why I can't just say hi like any normal person would.
    Yes I am right there with you. The pitfalls are many: what if my voice comes out all squeaky, what if we can't find any small talk to say to each other, what if they don't hear me, what if they look quizzically at me and say "sorry do I know you?"

There's also the awkward thing where you both clearly recognise each other but you're still too far away to say hi, so you have to wait till you get closer. I don't know where to look...

And the other awkward thing where you notice someone right as they walk past, then you both sort of say "hi", "how are you" while looking over your shoulders, doing a slow pirouette and sort of half carrying on walking. Cringe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swanbow)
    Ohh, and another experience in the IT lounge. I had just finished my dissertation, and there was this guy who I had seen working in there for the past week literally non-stop, he was always there. Anyhow he gets up walks over to me and says ''hug me'', so I proceed to hug him and he grasps on for a good 20 seconds :lol: I tell him that its okay, the dissertation is over and he can return to being a human being again. Not so much awkward, but a moment of shared relief with a stranger.
    Inspiring story of courage and human brotherhood, I'm sure anyone who's done a dissertation can relate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    My first year of university. I got drunk on Vodka and stormed up to the room of the guy I was into and had hooked up a few times with. It was casual and I was playing it cool up to that point, pretending I don't really care.

Well, not only was he with another girl but also he found out just how much I cared through my elaborate, drunkard speech.

I'd love to say I haven't touched vodka since but...

Well, what I did learn was to know my limit and that vodka is evil. I've matured since, but I'll never stop cringing when I remember it. Oh, and also apologized to the guy.
    Awww bless you. If I was the guy I would think that was super cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    I was had some stuff in the scanner and it was going through scanning, so I was waiting for it to finish. At the same time a senior person where I work walked up to the scanner and was waiting for something to print. I hadn't spoken much to this person so I thought 'Oh i'll be friendly and speak to him'... the first thing that came out of my mouth was 'This is exciting' (as we were both staring at the scanner). We both awkwardly chuckled and didn't say anything else... I don't even know why I said that hahah.
    this is the best one so far

ReputationRep:
    When you crack the best joke to ever be witnessed on Planet Earth & you laugh at it while the person you're speaking to doesn't find it funny in the slightest. They then either awkwardly join in or just stand there thinking 'Something is seriously wrong with this child'

ReputationRep:
    I was at my ex boyfriends house and things were getting intimate when all of a sudden his dog runs into his bedroom and climbs onto the bed where we are, my ex carries on and I'm just thinking what the **** is the dog doing here eventually he gets rid of her but it was definitely a mood kill. The dog then gave me weird looks for the rest of the day! Was so awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Probably one of the many times that I've thought I was home alone and belted my lungs out to a song on the radio/my iPod, and then realised my step-dad was at home.. reading..quietly..in his room.. with the door open....

*gun to head*

ReputationRep:
    My crush: *talking about a girl we both knew, and how she went off the rails totally and how he hopes I'll never turn out to be like her*
    Him: Yeah so now she's doing drugs and her mom's so upset she won't listen to anyone.
    me: yeah, hmm cool.
    (I was too mesmerized by his beauty)
    Him: What? NO! No, it's not cool.
    Me: err yeah no, that's not what i meant. Not as in literally cool.

I was a mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Haveing leukemia.
    Yiiiiikes sorry to hear it. Are you 'better' now though?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingunique)
    Yiiiiikes sorry to hear it. Are you 'better' now though?
    Year 11 I remission

ReputationRep:
    When I saw David Cameron at nandos and didnt shake his hand because I confused him with tony blair

ReputationRep:
    When my sister and I walked over to a homeless person, and wanted to give him a box of pizza:

Us: Here you go.
    Him *suspiciously*: What is it?
    Me: Just some pizza.
    Him: No, thanks.
    Me: Oh..um, okay.

Cue awkward walk away.

ReputationRep:
    The other day I was walking down a lane with my friend, and this old lady stops dead and stares me straight in the face and says something in a different language while smiling. I just awkwardly smiled back and we kept walking
    I still wonder what she said :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadman)
    When you crack the best joke to ever be witnessed on Planet Earth & you laugh at it while the person you're speaking to doesn't find it funny in the slightest. They then either awkwardly join in or just stand there thinking 'Something is seriously wrong with this child'
    sn then gg, free the team.
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    as a section moderator thats cute

good for you kid
    The internet is different from real life though :lol:

"kid"? I'm an adult by law :mmm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.