Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are all HR girls hot? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Smooth, although I'm more a fan of whollistic/bespoke compliments personally e.g. about her as a person/girl, or some aspect of your conversation that stands out in your mind

Sure, why not? I wouldn't mix it up with the applications process though, I'd make it reasonably clear from the outset that you'd like to get to know more about her not (just) the job!

I wouldn't ask for a girl's number unless I felt she was likely to give me her personal one e.g. we had established rapport, and ideally I'd seen some IOIs, and was prepared to say something like "this is your personal number, right?" with a cheeky grin on my face (she can only say no, big deals)

Correctamundo

Haha, bless!

The most sophisticated way is to demonstrate solid social skills and not a hint of desperation e.g. talk naturally, talk about her, make assumptions about her, challenge her, subtly invite her to question you (on a personal level), use strong non-verbal communication/body language, demonstrate self confidence and conviction, and then ask for her details as if it's no big deal. Better yet, just tell her you’d like to see her again, and let her suggest you should get her number or something :cool:
    Just want to say again, smooth solid advice sir!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)

....and yes some are rather pleasing to the eye

That made made me laugh! Probably a little bit too much!
    Say you meet a pretty HR girl in the corridor, how do you convey that you like her personally and ask her out/get her phone number?

I really like this girl's personalty and go weak at the knees when I see her, yet I feel as if there is this barrier because she is HR (even though she is only 2 years older than me being at the junior level) and I recently joined the company.

I have her company email, but not sure that's the best form of communication!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pshah2)
    This is really good advice thank you!
    No problemo

it is high risk at a networking event! What if they don't like you... they could say no, but would they blank you afterward?
    So use something like "delightful", "charming", "lovely", "nice", so that you meaning is understood but they can take it as a general compliment rather than necessarily interpreting it as you being ON IT

Trouble is at these occasions, they are hundreds of other people trying to talk to them, some of whom block you with pointless questions at them
    Welcome to the world. Social proofing is an indelible part of attraction, so if a girl sees you handle such mongs with consumate ease she'll be that more attracted to you :borat:

How to beat them to her, (save for clubbing down the other candidates) and immediately establish that you think she is pretty and want to ask her out?
    Wait for an opportune moment or else just dive into conversation and wait for the others to fag off, or else get in there like a baws and be bold, in, out, no fannying about

What are the tell tale IOI's?
    Indicators Of Interest (signs of attraction/flirtation)

ReputationRep:
    No problemo

So use something like "delightful", "charming", "lovely", "nice", so that you meaning is understood but they can take it as a general compliment rather than necessarily interpreting it as you being ON IT

Welcome to the world. Social proofing is an indelible part of attraction, so if a girl sees you handle such mongs with consumate ease she'll be that more attracted to you :borat:

Wait for an opportune moment or else just dive into conversation and wait for the others to fag off, or else get in there like a baws and be bold, in, out, no fannying about

Indicators Of Interest (signs of attraction/flirtation)
    Okay this is good! Awesome, will give it a go.

Say you happen to meet her by chance on the corridor, what would you say to her then?

ReputationRep:
    In my experience YES they are.

They are also the nicest people in the firm. (They're not competing for your job)

The young ones are more relaxed than the ones in your division and the girls there are more girly than the aggressive types who are more likely to be in your division.

Compliment them. I know it's hard, but whenever you can ask how they are and talk nicely to them. The fact that you unlike your colleagues are nice, will leave an impression!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neerajpatel)
    In my experience YES they are.

They are also the nicest people in the firm. (They're not competing for your job)

The young ones are more relaxed than the ones in your division and the girls there are more girly than the aggressive types who are more likely to be in your division.

Compliment them. I know it's hard, but whenever you can ask how they are and talk nicely to them. The fact that you unlike your colleagues are nice, will leave an impression!
    They are the cutest. Just wish:
    a) I ran into them more often
    b) I looked my best on the rare occasions I do
    c) I could get the words out on the rare occasions I do
    d) I knew what to say to ask them out or get a phone number

ReputationRep:
    Say you happen to meet her by chance on the corridor, what would you say to her then?
    Whatever you like, within reason, as long as you prime an IOI, you can talk about whatever you like, if she's engaged/returning IOIs then it almost doesn't matter what you say as long as the (other) verbal and non-verbal communication is spot on e.g. tonality, pace/strength of voice (slow, strong), posture (open, not hunched, slightly raised jaw), eye contact (warm but fixed on hers, moving to her mouth some of the time when she's talking), grin..

At the end of the day, if a girl is keen, she'll let you know/will be (secretly) eager to get to know you better, and if she's neutral, well then there's always the chance she's a decent soul and won't make you feel like a prize ass for putting your neck out on the line and trying to chat her up..

Daygamers jog back round in front of girls and say things like "hi, can I just tell you something really quick? ... I saw you walk by and I thought you looked really nice" ... observational comment + assumption about the girl ... conversation flows (with assumptions / challenges thrown in, and dialing down the energy investment, allowing the girl to hook and invest the energy herself/start doing all the leg work)

Instead of the above opener, I personally would probably try something somewhat more innocent/light that addresses the elephant in the room (the fact that you're obviously having a crack) straight off the bat, were I to make such an approach (I've never approached without a particular conversational IN before, personally):

"Hey. Erm. Ok, so.. I was going to ask for directions but actually, I know exactly where I'm going, I just thought you looked nice/cute and wanted to come say hi" ...

You might like to check out my related series of threads..

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you like, within reason, as long as you prime an IOI, you can talk about whatever you like, if she's engaged/returning IOIs then it almost doesn't matter what you say as long as the (other) verbal and non-verbal communication is spot on e.g. tonality, pace/strength of voice (slow, strong), posture (open, not hunched, slightly raised jaw), eye contact (warm but fixed on hers, moving to her mouth some of the time when she's talking), grin..

At the end of the day, if a girl is keen, she'll let you know/will be (secretly) eager to get to know you better, and if she's neutral, well then there's always the chance she's a decent soul and won't make you feel like a prize ass for putting your neck out on the line and trying to chat her up..

Daygamers jog back round in front of girls and say things like "hi, can I just tell you something really quick? ... I saw you walk by and I thought you looked really nice" ... observational comment + assumption about the girl ... conversation flows (with assumptions / challenges thrown in, and dialing down the energy investment, allowing the girl to hook and invest the energy herself/start doing all the leg work)

Instead of the above opener, I personally would probably try something somewhat more innocent/light that addresses the elephant in the room (the fact that you're obviously having a crack) straight off the bat, were I to make such an approach (I've never approached without a particular conversational IN before, personally):

"Hey. Erm. Ok, so.. I was going to ask for directions but actually, I know exactly where I'm going, I just thought you looked nice/cute and wanted to come say hi" ...

You might like to check out my related series of threads..
    You sir, are a legend!! This is great advice. I think I'm just nervous to approach a girl and say such things straight off the bat haha.

I ran into the HR girl the other day. She smiled as she recognised me, broke off from her friends and chatted to me. She was "so happy for me!" and she seemed very very happy! Thing is I didn't get much words in as I was late for a meeting, but I would like to ask her out if I could. I liked her ever since I met her 9 months ago at a networking event! I mailed her afterward to say sorry I had to rush, was great to see her. She replied and again said, she was so happy for me and we should catch up sometime.

In this situation how would you suggest approaching her if I run into her in the corridor again? I have only seen her once more time when I was coming down an escalator and she was with a friend looked up and waved bye to me.

I'm not sure whether to email her and suggest catching up?

I will deffo check out your related threads sir. You are an EXPERT!!!

Repspect coming your way!

ReputationRep:
    You sir, are a legend!! This is great advice. I think I'm just nervous to approach a girl and say such things straight off the bat haha
    If you're not somewhat nervous in the presence of attractive women, at least as a youngster, then frankly something's wrong with you

She replied and again said, she was so happy for me and we should catch up sometime
    To which you said..?

I have only seen her once more time when I was coming down an escalator and she was with a friend looked up and waved bye to me
    Give her a grin and a little salute, chicks love that **** (ok you look a tool but chicks also love the 'I look a tool and I don't give a ****' vibe) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    If you're not somewhat nervous in the presence of attractive women, at least as a youngster, then frankly something's wrong with you

To which you said..?

Give her a grin and a little salute, chicks love that **** (ok you look a tool but chicks also love the 'I look a tool and I don't give a ****' vibe) :cool:
    Haha phew.

I said, I was happy to be here and happy to see her too.

Haha I actually did do the salute!! I think she did dig it!

ReputationRep:

To which you said..?

Mate, you are the MAN!!

ReputationRep:
    I said, I was happy to be here and happy to see her too
    Ok, bit soft but fair enough. When was this and has there been a response from her?

Haha I actually did do the salute!! I think she did dig it!
    Good lad, always end with a crisp finish, *****es love that

..ok, perhaps not that powerful

ReputationRep:
    Ok, bit soft but fair enough. When was this and has there been a response from her?

Good lad, always end with a crisp finish, *****es love that

..ok, perhaps not that powerful
    Hahaha she liked the salute I think!

The response from her in the corridor was a smile, she also had to rejoin her group to get in the lift I think.

I emailed her, but haven't had a response to that. Just wondering because it is work email and maybe it's not that great to flirt on that.. I mean she is in HR I guess!

Ideas? I haven't actually got her number yet.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed her
    When?

ReputationRep:
    When?
    Just before I went home on the day I saw her near the lift and both of us had to run off. The salute happened the next day. She responded to this email with a "So happy for you. Would be great to catch up sometime." This was a Thursday.

The next week (it was really busy at work, otherwise would have done it sooner) on Tuesday, I sent another email with a how are you and it would be great to catch up sometime. (I think it wasn't a great email like the first, but it's hard when everyone around you can see your screen and I was under pressure on the desk)

Haven't had a response to that and it's been a week.. There is a intra-firm messenger, but not sure it's appropriate to flirt on that or work email perhaps?

What do you suggest? I seem to get flirty responses from her (she did seem very happy to see me on both our physical encounters at the firm) in person, it's just harder electronically..

ReputationRep:
    She responded to this email with a "So happy for you. Would be great to catch up sometime."

I sent another email with a how are you and it would be great to catch up sometime
    So let me get this straight, you responded to her proposition by effectively parroting her!?.. mate, girls want a man who takes the bull by the horns and takes the lead :rolleyes:

it's been a week
    So reply to your email to her (keeping your previous email in the message below, so it doesn't look weak like you're trying to pretend this is your first response to her 'would be great to catch up sometime' email), with something really short like:

Howdy,

About that catch up - how are you fixed for next week?

J x

ReputationRep:
    So let me get this straight, you responded to her proposition by effectively parroting her!?.. mate, girls want a man who takes the bull by the horns and takes the lead :rolleyes:

So reply to your email to her (keeping your previous email in the message below, so it doesn't look weak like you're trying to pretend this is your first response to her 'would be great to catch up sometime' email), with something really short like:

Howdy,

J x
    This is true bud. You sound like a nice guy and I understand your apprehension cos it is work email. But I'd recommend a messsage like what is suggested here. Like the man says, nothing to lose, at worst she doesn't respond and you have your answer - forget her. If she does, then you're in bro!!

Only thing is, is it wise to send such an email to a member of HR, who have a big say about appropriateness in the work place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neerajpatel)
    Only thing is, is it wise to send such an email to a member of HR, who have a big say about appropriateness in the work place?
    There's nothing inappropriate about that email whatsoever, I wouldn't worry one iota

ReputationRep:

Howdy,

J x
    I know I know, I'm nervous cos I've liked her from the moment I met her back at uni at a networking event!! To be fair, I didn't just parrot it back, but it wasn't suggestive enough perhaps.

I want to send the how is she fixed message, I'm just worried that:
    1. Although she was really really bubbly to me, if she wasn't interested and was just being friendly, am I crossing a line, by propositioning a member of HR on work email?
    2. If she says no, I would be crushed. I am afraid she will just reject.
    3. I'm not sure how to impress this girl, every time I meet her my words get fumbled and it's when I haven't taken a shave and my shirt is all ruffled, etc. and afterward I think I should have said this or that.

I actually sent another message and may have fluffed it, because I got a permanent place on the desk (rather than be on continual internship) so I sent her a message to thank you to her and I'm looking forward to it. It means though that I will be on holiday so I said that too. (I don't know what I was thinking bro). Something like "Finished the final day today and received the job offer. I'm so excited! Just wanted to say a big thank you for all of your advice, really appreciate it. Hope to see you when I'm back"

She actually responded with a "Congratulations. Well deserved. I'm sorry we couldn't catch up, but let's catch up after you've had a rest. Best,"

ReputationRep:
    I know I know, I'm nervous cos I've liked her from the moment I met her back at uni at a networking event!! To be fair, I didn't just parrot it back, but it wasn't suggestive enough perhaps.

I want to send the how is she fixed message, I'm just worried that:
    1. Although she was really really bubbly to me, if she wasn't interested and was just being friendly, am I crossing a line, by propositioning a member of HR on work email?
    2. If she says no, I would be crushed. I am afraid she will just reject.
    3. I'm not sure how to impress this girl, every time I meet her my words get fumbled and it's when I haven't taken a shave and my shirt is all ruffled, etc. and afterward I think I should have said this or that.
    Just go for it. Worry you'll just make things worse. Take control and be straight to the point.

You need to think about the 'crossing the line' issue. That's for you to call. Is it gonna clash with your career? Can you deal with the concequences? Your call.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.