Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sycopation)
    What difference does having stations make?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, what stations do you mean?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    What difference does having stations make?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Makes it far easier to get on and off trains, the running jump can be quite tricky

Do you mean in terms of the interview? As far as I'm aware Notts hasn't implemented multi-mini yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    Makes it far easier to get on and off trains, the running jump can be quite tricky

Do you mean in terms of the interview? As far as I'm aware Notts hasn't implemented multi-mini yet?
    I can't remember exactly what they said but they said this year they'll be changing their interview format
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember exactly what they said but they said this year they'll be changing their interview format
    Hmm, they've very recently updated the page to say "We are working towards implementing the multi-mini interview format for 2015/16 entry with four mini stations. We will add more information on the station formats shortly."

So watch this space I guess!

ReputationRep:
    i read on the entry requirements that you can only resit one module of a subject in the two year period of Alevels, and I was planning to resit 3 chem modules after getting a C at AS!! So.. I can't apply?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erudite)
    i read on the entry requirements that you can only resit one module of a subject in the two year period of Alevels, and I was planning to resit 3 chem modules after getting a C at AS!! So.. I can't apply?
    That's the resit policy, yes. As it stands that would block your application. If you've got a good reason as to why you're resitting, perhaps give admissions a ring and see whether they'd be prepared to reconsider?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering how the academic selection works if I already have my A Levels? I'm applying with achieved A Level grades of A*A*AA but with relatively weak GCSEs. Despite my A Levels would I still be judged off the GCSE system?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodle00)
    Just wondering how the academic selection works if I already have my A Levels? I'm applying with achieved A Level grades of A*A*AA but with relatively weak GCSEs. Despite my A Levels would I still be judged off the GCSE system?
    Same system only this time you're using actual grades rather than predicted, so if you pass the interview you get a straight unconditional. What were your GCSEs? Bear in mind that a strong UKCAT is now seriously important to applications...

ReputationRep:
    My stats are as follows:
    Gcse 9a*s 1a
    As AAAA
    UKCAT 747.5 band 1

I'm a bit confused about how they use ukcat - do they score each section separately because mine range from 690 to 810 and I don't know if the 690 section would let me down?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait so would a UKCAT score in the 620s be an automatic rejection?
    My grades are fine but I don't think my UKCAT is strong enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv_97)
    My stats are as follows:
    Gcse 9a*s 1a
    As AAAA
    UKCAT 747.5 band 1

I'm a bit confused about how they use ukcat - do they score each section separately because mine range from 690 to 810 and I don't know if the 690 section would let me down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This year average will probably be lower than last year so I guess you should be fine.

(Original post by a123a)
    Wait so would a UKCAT score in the 620s be an automatic rejection?
    My grades are fine but I don't think my UKCAT is strong enough.
    That all depends on what's the mean score this year but I think yes
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv_97)
    My stats are as follows:
    Gcse 9a*s 1a
    As AAAA
    UKCAT 747.5 band 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds solid. You UKCAT average is excellent, and even your "low" end of 690 is not to be sniffed at

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for asking again but some preliminary scores for the ukcat (for the 2300 candidates that took the test before 8th august) were released recently and my score of 2800 put me in the 9th decile. Would nottingham be worth a shot? I've over 8A*s at gcse.

ReputationRep:
    I got a 775 average but 630 in verbal. Will this be okay?
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProblematique)
    Sorry for asking again but some preliminary scores for the ukcat (for the 2300 candidates that took the test before 8th august) were released recently and my score of 2800 put me in the 9th decile. Would nottingham be worth a shot? I've over 8A*s at gcse.
    Top 50% of UKCAT scores go through to stage 1.5 (marking of PS and references etc) so it should give you a good shot GCSEs are fine then

ReputationRep:
    so a ukcat score of 695 would be okay or risky? Im at a complete loss, would appreciate help!!

VR: 610
    QR: 760
    AR: 760
    DA: 650
    Band 1

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fingbing)
    so a ukcat score of 695 would be okay or risky? Im at a complete loss, would appreciate help!!

VR: 610
    QR: 760
    AR: 760
    DA: 650
    Band 1

Thanks in advance for any advice!!
    Its rather sagę althiufh your VR is pretty low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    Its rather sagę althiufh your VR is pretty low
    sorry, not to be annying but what does 'sagę althiufh' mean hhaha

thanks again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fingbing)
    sorry, not to be annying but what does 'sagę althiufh' mean hhaha

thanks again
    Oh sorry hah. My phone autocorrected it all to Polish
    I wanted to say it's rather safe although your VR is bit low

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cestlavie10)
    I got a 775 average but 630 in verbal. Will this be okay?
    I'm 500% sure it will be fine. You're score is miles above the 10th decile score so far and 630 is above average anyway so I'm sure you'll get an interview as long as you're GCSEs are decent.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.