The Student Room Group

St. George's UoL GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by MiloMilo
Last year it was 2 months to the day of the exam in Sept (so theoretically 17th Nov - Mon), and I got the email around 5.30am.

St George's released their interviews on that afternoon

I was quite impressed by that. They're pretty efficient in most respects, almost clinical. :colone:
Original post by Zorg
I was quite impressed by that. They're pretty efficient in most respects, almost clinical. :colone:

Did they release all of them that afternoon!? That's so quick the turn around
Reply 82
Original post by HCAssistant93
Did they release all of them that afternoon!? That's so quick the turn around

They announced the cut off, so much the same thing. If you consider that they still need to know the scores of people who applied and take a proportion appropriately to be able to interview those they want, that still takes a fair bit of organisation and more than I'd have expected in a morning.
Reply 83
Original post by Zorg

I agree. Their administration team really is excellent.
Reply 84
They have already assessed the degree grades etc, so all they need to do is rank you that morning. Then they let you know if you've met the cut off score and that they will email you soon to sort out a date for interview (they give you the dates to email back your preferences).

It takes a few days to sort that bit out - but at least you know it you met the cut off quite quickly.
Original post by Zorg
They announced the cut off, so much the same thing. If you consider that they still need to know the scores of people who applied and take a proportion appropriately to be able to interview those they want, that still takes a fair bit of organisation and more than I'd have expected in a morning.

Do you know where we go to find out the different unis cut offs? So did George's actually send out emails for interviews on the same day or just the cut ofF?
Reply 86
Of course, there's no guarantees it will be that quick this year! But here is hoping!

Good luck to all!
Reply 87
Hello everyone,

I have updated the first post and also included an FAQ section for your information. However, I would really appreciate any feedback and additions/alterations as I would like this thread to have been written by everyone - collating all our combined efforts. Hopefully applicants can then use it as a "one-stop shop" for getting information on the application process.

MiloMilo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's hoping for GAMSAT cut off to be announced this afternoon! Good luck everybody, hope GAMSAT results went well for you all :smile:
Reply 89
Crossed fingers that the cut off hasnt gone up this year! Good luck everyone :biggrin: all that GAMSAT hell seems worth it now!
Reply 90
62 with 50 minimum in each section :smile:
Do you guys think they're still using both methods to rank candidates scores?
As in i + ii + iii/3?
Reply 92
Original post by amyyy24
Do you guys think they're still using both methods to rank candidates scores?
As in i + ii + iii/3?

Everyone tells me they do, but I've never seen it confirmed anywhere by George's.

Does it get you over the cut-off line if weighted equally?
Original post by JNHE
Everyone tells me they do, but I've never seen it confirmed anywhere by George's.

Does it get you over the cut-off line if weighted equally?

Yeah, I'm either 61 or 64 :s-smilie:
Reply 94
Original post by amyyy24
Yeah, I'm either 61 or 64 :s-smilie:

In that case, I'd email Micki Regan to ask. I've found her to be very helpful.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 95
Yep looks like I'm out from Georges too. Notts and (potentially) Swansea though are where I should hopefully be getting an interview. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Urgh, knew this would happen; so close again. That there bad luck.
(edited 9 years ago)
Just in case anyone did want to know, it seems that St George's do use both methods to calculate the cut off scores!
Reply 98
Original post by amyyy24
Just in case anyone did want to know, it seems that St George's do use both methods to calculate the cut off scores!

So you got the email saying you've made the cut-off? Good work...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Congratulations on those who have survived the day and the numerous cut-off scores we have been hit with today. It must have been a turbulent day for everyone, and if you have missed out this year then do not be disheartened - as I have previously mentioned on another thread, another year of waiting is little compared to a forty year medical career!

I will be updating the front page shortly. I imagine St George's won't take too long to release an email suggesting we have met both the GAMSAT cut-off and the minimum degree requirements. Then it'll be a few weeks I would suggest until a firm date for your interview is sent out.

Watch this space?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending