Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

POLL: What's your view on #FreeTheNipple? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you support #freethenipple?
    HELL YEAH! Female nipples are no different from guys'.
    39.02%
    Yes to an extent...
    26.83%
    Definitely not. Female nipples should stay censored.
    28.46%
    Unsure.
    5.69%

ReputationRep:
    The question is will the female nipple
    Ever be considered not sexual? Is that even a choice for society can make conciously ? Well you could make the point about ankles and how they were one seen as sexual. However i think that is mainly for taboo factor rather than something perhaps more primal But in my opinion boobs are potentially sexually attractive and whilst I have no issue seeing a pretty girls boobs in resplendent ,glorious, nudity that is because I am a ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesgatz)
    Do you agree? Disagree? Not sure? Think it depends on setting?

Imo (as a woman), I am not completely opposed to the movement because I feel like censoring female boobs/nipples completely is daft, e.g. breastfeeding, but whether we like it or not, boobs/female nipples are over-sexualised and considered secondary sex characteristic in most of the world. At the same time though, I wouldn't be totally against female nipples being uncensored/allowed on beaches etc. because the only problems I can imagine are those caused by other people who are rude/sexually harassing them, nothing from the women themselves... but I'm not sure where I stand exactly.

Thoughts? Arguments for and against? I'm genuinely interested because I'm unsure about it.
    i see nothing wrong with it

ReputationRep:
    Female nipples are no different to guys, but tbh I'd rather not see either in city parks etc. On beaches/TV; couldn't care less. Walk around naked for all I care, as long as you don't get too close.

ReputationRep:
    If it was not for camera phones I think more women would be willing to be topless on a beach on a sunny day.

ReputationRep:
    Free them

ReputationRep:
    The nipple must be freed.

ReputationRep:
    maybe just free one at a time ? :dontknow:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.