Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Female bullying in the workplace - what do I do Watch

ReputationRep:
    She is very jealous of you :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    And you look like a girl in your avatar. See how that works?
    lel. Atleast I'm not too ashamed of myself to have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    "I would say that very expensive bags are inappropriate for most jobs."

No that is wrong, it is not someone's fault if they have expensive bags. Why should they go out of their way and buy a cheap bag just to fit in? It is not their problem that they have invested in a nice bag.
    Well it is there fault isn't it? It's their 'fault' they decided to buy said bag lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    lel. Atleast I'm not too ashamed of myself to have one.

With that face I would be. :gfight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marky Mark)
    With that face I would be. :gfight:
    lel so angry. I knew you were a child with zero life experience lmao.

(Original post by EatAndRevise)
    You are very stupid, germaphobia is real. I hate people like you, "oh, a child in Africa blah, blah, blah".
    No I am not. Perhaps you have a sense of entitlement in the world, do get off your high horse. Yes, I would mention a child in Africa. Being from a Western country, of course your reaction was expected. And you can't "hate" who you know zilch about :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Clearly jealous of you. I always dress up and try to look my best when i got out all the time and i've also gotten snide remarks like you have. It's actually very common amongst us females. We're all insecure and conpetitive creatures but some way more than others like in this scenario good luck for te future xx

(Original post by ArtGoblin)
    You don't get jealous of anyone... ever? Wow, OK. I'm not sure I believe you but then maybe that's because I do experience it and I'm just assuming everyone else does. Jealousy is involuntary; it is not a pleasant feeling for the person experiencing it. There's nothing wrong with being jealous of others; what's wrong is when you treat others badly because of it. I try to use jealousy productively - instead of being like "that person is so confident, I hate them", I try to look at how they do it and use those things to improve myself. Obviously it doesn't work for things like wealth and looks, but I'm saying that jealousy doesn't have to be 'malicious and vile'. It's just a normal human emotion that can have some negative consequences

You might not think it was flaunting money, but I'm sure that's how see perceived it. Seriously, learn some empathy. It can be learnt - just takes a bit of practice. Remember that your point of view is not the only one.

I don't know what your bag looks like - it may have been fine. But if others pointed it out, it probably wasn't. :dontknow:
    No. I don't. I sometimes think "She has a nice car/bag etc" but that's it. I don't really understand jealousy because I don't experience it.

I'm very empathetic. I just don't understand how someone can want to upset someone because they have money/whatever. It seems horrible to me.

It's just black, with a distinctive fastner which is characteristic of the designer. It's medium sized, not even massive. There are other girls who work there who have Mulberry bags and Michael Kors, so I don't understand what the issue with mine is

(Original post by ilem)
    She is very jealous of you :laugh:
    Yeah I figured from what she said, how do I deal with it? I think I'm going to do what others said and try to record her being a *****. But it's so annoying

(Original post by SMEGGGY)
    The make up bit is a dead giveaway unless it's a ******... :eek:

Like it's been said, record what she's saying and get some gloves to remove the bin etc etc - see if that changes her attitude (doubt it though)
    Thanks

(Original post by Anonymous)
    No I am not. Perhaps you have a sense of entitlement in the world, do get off your high horse. Yes, I would mention a child in Africa. Being from a Western country, of course your reaction was expected. And you can't "hate" who you know zilch about :rolleyes:
    You know nothing about mental health conditions

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't. I sometimes think "She has a nice car/bag etc" but that's it. I don't really understand jealousy because I don't experience it.

I'm very empathetic. I just don't understand how someone can want to upset someone because they have money/whatever. It seems horrible to me.

It's just black, with a distinctive fastner which is characteristic of the designer. It's medium sized, not even massive. There are other girls who work there who have Mulberry bags and Michael Kors, so I don't understand what the issue with mine is
    Not experiencing jealousy is like not experiencing anger, or humiliation, or contentment or excitement. It's just a normal human emotion - there's no need to be ashamed. Some people experience it less than others, but never? I just don't buy it unless you have some emotional difficulties.

From what you've posted here don't seem very empathetic at all. From these posts alone I would say that you seem like you have quite low social intelligence, but obviously I don't know you and it's up to you to assess whether it's true (although you don't seem to good at analysing yourself either). You can think something is horrible and still be able to understand why they did it.

(Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Not experiencing jealousy is like not experiencing anger, or humiliation, or contentment or excitement. It's just a normal human emotion - there's no need to be ashamed. Some people experience it less than others, but never? I just don't buy it unless you have some emotional difficulties.

From what you've posted here don't seem very empathetic at all. From these posts alone I would say that you seem like you have quite low social intelligence, but obviously I don't know you and it's up to you to assess whether it's true (although you don't seem to good at analysing yourself either). You can think something is horrible and still be able to understand why they did it.
    How would you define jealousy? All I can think of is perhaps we define it differently.

Lol. I have low social intelligence because I'm the one being targetted? No. I go out of my way to help others, I volunteer for charities, I give a lot of money to causes. I'm someone everyone comes to when they have a problem because I'm a good listener and good at giving advice, open minded and always willing to help

I just don't see "jealousy" as a valid reason for being a **** to someone, and I have little time for someone as petty and immature enough to be a knob because I WANT WHAT SHE'S GOT MUMMY!

ReputationRep:

lol imagine you're a 3rd world child starving to death. And across the street theres a 5 star all inclusive resort where tourists eat all day and food gets thrown out and wasted.

Pretty sure if you were in that position you'd be thinking, "oh I wish i could have food like them"

lol imagine you're a 3rd world child starving to death. And across the street theres a 5 star all inclusive resort where tourists eat all day and food gets thrown out and wasted.

Pretty sure if you were in that position you'd be thinking, "oh I wish i could have food like them"
    Yeah but I wouldn't hate the people who ate there :confused: Like I might think "They're so lucky, I wish I could do that" but I wouldn't want to take it off them and make them feel like ****

I'm not a nasty person and I hate upsetting people

ReputationRep:
    How would you define jealousy? All I can think of is perhaps we define it differently.

Lol. I have low social intelligence because I'm the one being targetted? No. I go out of my way to help others, I volunteer for charities, I give a lot of money to causes. I'm someone everyone comes to when they have a problem because I'm a good listener and good at giving advice, open minded and always willing to help

I just don't see "jealousy" as a valid reason for being a **** to someone, and I have little time for someone as petty and immature enough to be a knob because I WANT WHAT SHE'S GOT MUMMY!
    Ye no one is saying it's a valid reason to be a ****. Just that you can avoid putting yourself in those positions.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Yeah I think she seems like that too

So me being unable to do one tiny aspect of my job because of a diagnosed mental health condition is being a diva? Sorry what?

If someone came to me and asked for help for a valid reason Id do it, no questions asked. And no, she's making allowances because the disability discrimination act says reasonable adjustments must be made

Would you say someone in a wheelchair who asked for a ramp instead of the stairs should man up?
    don't waste your time. people who don't suffer from anxiety will never understand it. she sounds like a *****, and trading jobs is perfectly fine in the work place if you ask me.

Ye know one is saying it's a valid reason to be a ****. Just that you can avoid putting yourself in those positions.
    Yeah I know but I don't honestly see why I should have to? It's like telling someone "don't do this or you'll get bullied", here's an idea, how about you tell the bullies not to bully? I really don't understand why I should have to use a different bag and dress differently when my clothing doesn't affect them in the slightest because they've got a chip on their shoulder. It's ridiculous.

(Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    don't waste your time. people who don't suffer from anxiety will never understand it. she sounds like a *****, and trading jobs is perfectly fine in the work place if you ask me.
    Thank you. Yeah I hate it when people are like "just get over it" if I could don't you think I would have? It's not like I WANT to have panic attacks.

ReputationRep:

So nobody in the World can ever have anything nice? How do you know the people in that resort don't give away thousands of pound to charities for the poor?

The OP has done nothing wrong by spending her money, and if she has a phobia of germs what do you want her to do?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.