Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ironlion11
Ground Floor Flat 1 Room 4

for real, are you that room :biggrin: because it was my initial one :biggrin:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
update - they are now keeping a list of everyone who asks for a different room and going through it to check if they can move you throughout the week. the aim is to have responded to everyone by each friday.

do remember that they are very busy with doing peoples' first rooms, and they aren't obliged to reallocate you! the list you gave is a guide for them and they try to stick to it, but the only thing you are actually guaranteed is a place somewhere in uni residences. be nice to the office ladies please
Original post by vld19
for real, are you that room :biggrin: because it was my initial one :biggrin:

I'm flat 1 room 4, i dont get if that was it?
Reply 83
I'm flat 1 room 4, i dont get if that was it?

Flat 2, Room 3 was my first one.
Original post by vld19
Flat 2, Room 3 was my first one.

What you guys studying?

Is this gona keep secret or can i know names? :biggrin:
A little paranoid, but when accepting your residence offer and putting in bank details, is it your own address or bank branch address that's needed?

Taly South - house 22, second floor :smile:
Reply 86
I'm studying Chemistry. :wink:
Original post by vld19
I'm studying Chemistry. :wink:

Chilled my best friend is doing that too, except in bristol. I'm doing Architecture! :tongue:
Reply 88
Chilled my best friend is doing that too, except in bristol. I'm doing Architecture! :tongue:

I didn't apply there :frown: I now have second thoughts though... if Cardiff is good for the subject..
Are they allocating conditional offer holders at the same time as unconditional offer holders but not confirming conditional holders until after results? If not it seems like all the conditional offer holders are going to get all the leftover rooms in residences which probably weren't even in their top choice...
Original post by vld19
I didn't apply there :frown: I now have second thoughts though... if Cardiff is good for the subject..

Cardiff is a very good uni! come on! thats where we're going whoooo:biggrin: Bristol's cool too. but this is what we've got and we're happy...! ...right?
I think ground floor is cool. Less stairs if you get drunk! :aetsch:
Anyone Flat 1 Ground floor, Column hall?
Original post by Jayneee
Me! Which flat are you in?

House 2 flat 3! :smile: you?
Reply 93
Original post by vld19

What, about adjustment? Well, I was thinking about it too but there was a good contrib that it is not probably that easy to "leave" your first choice after you'd already established some relationship to it at the expense of a uni that you would need to choose within a few days. And generally, I just don't want to speculate and complicate it now after all I've been doing for Cardiff (great university anyway).

And speaking of "your" chemistry - http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings?s=Chemistry
It is good for sure and you can go to Oxbridge for masters. :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 94
I made a FB group last night for those of us in Senghennydd court to hopefully track down our neighbors, specifically postgrads. Come on over if you're interested!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/313069975520543/
Original post by shadowofadoubt
A little paranoid, but when accepting your residence offer and putting in bank details, is it your own address or bank branch address that's needed?

Taly South - house 22, second floor :smile:

I put my own address I believe. I did it quickly on a random spout of free internet while I was out so didn't really check everything too well!

Original post by Reluire
Are they allocating conditional offer holders at the same time as unconditional offer holders but not confirming conditional holders until after results? If not it seems like all the conditional offer holders are going to get all the leftover rooms in residences which probably weren't even in their top choice...

I think it'd be worth contacting the residences people by email. By looking at the Facebook page for Talybont South there are no full flats yet, but only 200 people have joined the group, so that would mean they've left room for unconditionals. My friend said there were specific gap year blocks, one of which her boyfriend was in last year. Everyone does seem to be getting their top choices though, so I'm really not sure how it's worked out!
Original post by Miss_A_M
Found out yesterday I'm in Taly South, house 19:smile: It just got very real, cannot wait to move in now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! ☺️ House 19 too! Which floor you on? I'm on the 3rd floor/flat 2 😁 so excited for September!
Reply 97
Original post by kimrebeccaxo
Yay! ☺️ House 19 too! Which floor you on? I'm on the 3rd floor/flat 2 😁 so excited for September!

I'm 3rd floor too! Flat 1 though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome! 😁 More than likely see you around in Sept! 😁
Reply 99
I still haven't had a response to my accommodation application... Should I be concerned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending