Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    what i hate is when triple distinction is regarded equivalent to AAA..

sorry but DDD in Engineering BTEC is not AAA in Maths/FM/Physics lol. more like CCC and thats generous.
    This is a very closed minded opinion, I received a D*D*D* in Animal management which was broken down into units such as anatomy and physiology (which was taught by a tutor with a PHD), ecology/conservation and nutrition to name a few. They were all taught at a serious level and mean that as I progress to uni I will arguably have better background knowledge of the subject I am studying (Animal Behaviour) than an A level student who has studied English, Maths and Physics and has never come into contact with any of the animals/modules being taught.

BTECs give you excellent depth and experience into one (or more) chosen areas and I expect everyone who progresses on to a related degree will most likely do very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabulkid)
    what i hate is when triple distinction is regarded equivalent to AAA..

sorry but DDD in Engineering BTEC is not AAA in Maths/FM/Physics lol. more like CCC and thats generous.
    My brother does the BTEC Subsidairy in Engineering (along side Maths, Physics and Electronics) he says it is just as challenging as a subject and the maths they get taught covers some of the same content on the Maths A level, especially in the 'Further Maths for Engineers' unit, also he says that some Physics is covered in various Mechanics and Electronics units, Ive heard that it complements Maths and Physics nicely as subjects go, personally I did the IT BTEC and I know that I covered all if not more than Computing A level in the course as I have sat timed past papers and achieved A's and B's. they are equivalents for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got a document containing my modules I have completed with the grade I have achieved.

could I send this to a university that I am considering for adjustment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nafeelx)
    Hi, I've got a document containing my modules I have completed with the grade I have achieved.

could I send this to a university that I am considering for adjustment?
    No, adjustment works by UCAS being directly informed of your final grades (through Edexcel). Your predicted grades are not necessarily your final grades, and they can change.

Your firm and insurance choices have nothing to do with adjustment, they can only release you from your applications, which is pointless until you have your results, as you won't get any offers in clearing or adjustment unless you know your final grades and Edexcel/BTEC have confirmed them.

ReputationRep:
    Should I have gotten my first year certificate by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rixion)
    Should I have gotten my first year certificate by now?
    Ring your college and chase them up about it, you should have got it by now, or it might be available to collect today.

ReputationRep:
    If your doing the level 3 extended diploma do you get a certificate for only the 2nd year or the 1st year as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovepeace)
    If your doing the level 3 extended diploma do you get a certificate for only the 2nd year or the 1st year as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends on your college, they'll often issue you a 90 credit diploma in 1st and your extended in 2nd.

ReputationRep:
    I got my certificate and got a distinction in every unit but one which was a pass (I was told they were all distinctions), can this be amended?

ReputationRep:
    I got my certificate and got a distinction in every unit but one which was a pass (I was told they were all distinctions), can this be amended?
    It can be, you have to ring your college and ask them to correct this.

If you did the 120 or 180 (extended) credit diploma you will have the highest grade mark anyway, the 1 pass unit will have no impact on your overall grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntdoug)
    It can be, you have to ring your college and ask them to correct this.

If you did the 120 or 180 (extended) credit diploma you will have the highest grade mark anyway, the 1 pass unit will have no impact on your overall grade.
    going into next year I want to have the best advantage possible, could I speak to them about this on enrolment?

ReputationRep:
    going into next year I want to have the best advantage possible, could I speak to them about this on enrolment?
    It won't matter much, and on your final certificate (I'm assuming you're finishing 1/2 years of college now studying for the Extended Diploma) your first certificate will be irrelevant.

Make sure they are aware of the mistake though, if you don't want it to be repeated on next years certificate or even so you can get it corrected on your current certificate. It won't make a difference if you're going to be getting distinctions all around on every other unit, but if you don't do so well in your 2nd year I can see why you want the advantage.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.