Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you want to marry/date someone thats in the same job field as you are? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you?
    Yes, same interest as me.
    36.21%
    No, don't want to be bothered about my job at home.
    63.79%

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely, we could do research together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    No. I went out with someone who also studied Law once. It was awful, he was v left wing and I'm very Tory so we kept arguing about law and politics. The worst time was when we were disagreeing about a point in my dissertation while in bed. Never again.
    how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    how old are you?
    Nearly 22, why?

ReputationRep:
    I'm heading down the mechanical engineering route so having a partner in a similar role would be nice... but I do have a "no discussing work at home" rule... once I've left work for the day I've left... I don't talk nor think about it until I head back in the following day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    Nearly 22, why?
    It is just a lot of young people are often liberal, so I wondered whether you were just young and conservative. not really important just curios

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    It is just a lot of young people are often liberal, so I wondered whether you were just young and conservative. not really important just curios
    I know haha. But I have supported the Conservatives since I was about 16 or whenever it was that I first started bothering with politics.

ReputationRep:
    No sir. I'd detest having to talk about anything work related whilst trying to enjoy my free time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Islam is a violent religion, is some respects evil:
    I'm not sure you understand how highly regarded women,especially mothers and sisters, are in Islam. Gender roles are heavily established in the Quran, but it doesn't mean women in Islam aren't respected or adored. None of us here are scholars of Islam so maybe we're not the best to argue this point.
    There is no way better way to find out more about Islam than to check out the islamic forums. They're very welcoming of non-believers, as long as you're respectful. (please not the extremist ones)

Please for future reference, copying a verse of the Quran from the internet isn't a good idea because depending on the source it will be taken out of context.

ReputationRep:
    I would rather they where in a different profession entirely. Having work at work, then work at home would drive me insane.

And having someone who was in a different profession would give us more to talk about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan95)
    I'm not sure you understand how highly regarded women,especially mothers and sisters, are in Islam. Gender roles are heavily established in the Quran, but it doesn't mean women in Islam aren't respected or adored. None of us here are scholars of Islam so maybe we're not the best to argue this point.
    There is no way better way to find out more about Islam than to check out the islamic forums. They're very welcoming of non-believers, as long as you're respectful. (please not the extremist ones)

Please for future reference, copying a verse of the Quran from the internet isn't a good idea because depending on the source it will be taken out of context.

How can you manage to take beat women for disobedience out of context? In Islam women are adored as objects, not as humans and are treated as second class citizens.

I understand that a lot of muslims do not agree with certain parts of the Quran but that does not change the fact that what is written in it is evil. I would say the same is true for Christianity, the old testament is barbaric, but most Christians disagree with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    How can you manage to take beat women for disobedience out of context? In Islam women are adored as objects, not as humans and are treated as second class citizens.

I understand that a lot of muslims do not agree with certain parts of the Quran but that does not change the fact that what is written in it is evil. I would say the same is true for Christianity, the old testament is barbaric, but most Christians disagree with it.
    We don't beat our wives bro, those that do would get a kicking like in any other community.
    I'm not going to argue with you because you seem firm in your beliefs. Although you do seem as if you've decided Islam is evil and then found all the quotes that support that statement. If you studied Islam, just as a purely educational exercise you would see the many positives of Islam and that many of the negatives published are taken out of context. There is no community that supports the poor and helpless as much as Islam.

edit: so hungry, cant grammar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan95)
    We don't beat our wives bro, those that do would get a kicking like in any other community.
    I'm not going to argue with you because you seem firm in your beliefs. Although you do seem as if you've decided Islam is evil and then found all the quotes that support that statement. If you studied Islam, just as a purely educational exercise you would see the many positives of Islam and that many of the negatives published are taken out of context. There is no community that supports the poor and helpless as much as Islam.

edit: so hungry, cant grammar
    So you completely ignored what I said then about understanding that most Muslims do not follow the Quran to the letter. I didn't think that you would be one of the sorts that beats their wives but that does not change the fact the Quran says you should. I think that the Quran is evil I have told you why, I think that the majority of Muslims in this country are not evil, as they do not follow the Quran that strictly. But like I said that does not change the fact that the Quran in its self is evil, and any one who does follow it strictly is evil.

Just like the WBC, they follow the bible to the letter and they are evil.

I am sorry if I have offended you but you simply cannot argue with what the Quran says and it says evil things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    what profession?
    dentistry

ReputationRep:
    If i happen to like someone who works in the same field , then why not?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.