Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAintDead)
    I personally shave my legs because I prefer how they feel and look, but I see why women would not want to shave and I respect their right not to shave. However, Tumblr has a very annoying habit of making a mountain out of a molehill and turning a simple, personal choice into a big issue that is THE biggest issue of our time. That's why I deleted my damn account because they make such a hoo-hah over something so petty and tiny, it gets on my nerves.
    This, this, infinitely this. I cannot stand tumblr at times.

ReputationRep:
    so ****ing groce

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person on this site that doesn't find hair absolutely horrific
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C_G)
    Am I the only person on this site that doesn't find hair absolutely horrific
    Apparently the only man, yes. Although I suspect most of the others are trolling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karmacrunch)
    How cute.... :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me or the legs?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Me or the legs?
    Wow... neither

I meant your post... With your *insert bad word here*... :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People say it's perfectly acceptable for men to not shave their legs but you'd be surprised how many "eeeeeew" comments there are online whenever a male celebrity has body hair.

ReputationRep:
    Wow... neither

I meant your post... With your *insert bad word hear*... :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "hear" lol

sorry for using a bad word, I forget you're only in year 9
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    "hear" lol

sorry for using a bad word, I forget you're only in year 9
    Eww eww eww!! Change that for me in the quote! Gross... I hate bad spelling and grammar (I forgot to check)! Please? :0

Yeah... I HEAR worse though :rolleyes:, I doubt anyone would be surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Eww eww eww!! Change that for me in the quote! Gross... I hate bad spelling and grammar (I forgot to check)! Please? :0

Yeah... I HEAR worse though :rolleyes:, I doubt anyone would be surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No can do, sorry. You'll have to live with your mistake

Then why comment on the bad word?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    No can do, sorry. You'll have to live with your mistake

Then why comment on the bad word?
    If you're going to say that... You shouldn't put a smiley there.

I was being a little sarcastic because that's what you said in our Year 9 thread.

Edit: Pur-lease!! I will let you call me Karma...
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe)
    Yes, god forbid women who don't want to shave their legs just don't shave their legs.

Seriously, if you're walking past people in the street, are you looking at their legs? I certainly don't. So what does it matter if their legs are shaved or not?
    Yes. Provided they are an attractive woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...bs-online.html

Can we just nuke tumblr from orbit already?
    They just look like dudes' legs. In fact I think they may actually be a bunch of dudes trolling the internets.

ReputationRep:
    As a man the one time I shaved my legs was a terrible experience... I can empathise with women for not wanting to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Socktor)
    As a man the one time I shaved my legs was a terrible experience... I can empathise with women for not wanting to do it.
    I dunno, I quite like my shaved legs

Could just be as it is still a novelty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    People say it's perfectly acceptable for men to not shave their legs but you'd be surprised how many "eeeeeew" comments there are online whenever a male celebrity has body hair.
    Male celebrities almost always get 'eeeeew' comments if they have back hair, but it seems to vary when it comes to other body hair (e.g chest hair).

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness the immaturity on this thread is a joke! It's 2014 let people do what they want for crying out loud, I'm not saying you have to agree with it or whatever but it's their body and if they're happy with it then let them be, no need to be calling them vile for choosing to go natural :dontknow: I shave as a personal choice because I prefer to, but kicking up such a fuss about a bit of body hair? Pathetic :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own, do what you want. But I'm going to be really honest here. It's disgusting, it's not attractive, seeing those pictures made me want to puke. I put this in the same category as people who don't cut their nails, smell of BO or have really bad breath etc.

ReputationRep:
    I am man and I train road cycling and triathlon so I started shaving my legs 4 years ago thus I pay huge attention and watch every legs and I don't like when girl has more hair on legs than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    But people do care. The reason it's a political statement is because you have people saying "it's vile" and "it makes me feel sick" to something that naturally grows on women's bodies. Women are made to feel gross and made to feel like they should cover up if they have hair on their bodies which is why you need women saying "I'm doing this and I'm happy about it".
    I digress. personally i feel this is just tumblr yet again, making a big deal over crap. This happens so frequently that i really can't really bother.
    and tbh using bigoted comments like those found here in the student room as proof isn't really that much of a good example. it's like that time when they ganged up on some 16 year old girl when she made some picture about girls keeping their boobs in their dresses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.