Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No im sure there are millions of women with the same opinion as you. One of my friends wants to.do everything herself so your not alone . I want financial support in a marriage though.
    Well, you want your husband to work, whilst you stay at home, so that you can take his money and live your life. How about you contribute towards the financial situation?

ReputationRep:
    This is just ****ed up. Why are girls so materialistic? "I can easily marry a rich guy if I wanted" and thus have an easier lifestyle. This thread blatantly supports the idea that a lot of women only want money and all the qualities they look for in a guy i.e. Personality is just utter crap.

My parents arrived in England not knowing English and not having any money. My dad started as a cleaner then catering for like a decade prior to marriage (he's now in a 50k job)

Some people... You need to lose that attitude that you can easily get and deserve a better life. Maybe you do but you need to work for that. Come back to me when you become rich through hard graft and I'll consider retracting my post. Yes you are ill, but that doesn't warrant you to a better lifestyle

ReputationRep:
    No im sure there are millions of women with the same opinion as you. One of my friends wants to.do everything herself so your not alone . I want financial support in a marriage though.
    People like you I just don't understand. Were you born without pride?

ReputationRep:
    So..iv been with my bf for over two years. we love each other a lot but its gonna take him many years to be financially stable and to be able to provide me with a house and stability for me to move into. it doesnt help me being older than him and being ill and not being to able to work full time to do all these things by myself

I could easily marry some rich suitor guy if I wanted... through arranged marriages.. simply for that house that ease of lifestyle.. but I wont do that

but the question is.. if most of you didnt have a partner.. if you could have suitors to see who were all financially stable.. if you clicked with one.. would you marry them.. simply for the money?
    why on earth would a rich guy marry a too sick to work (and presumably not be able to do anything else) woman whose only prerogative is money?

And marry for money no i wouldnt. Oh and btw i do own my own home (4 bed bungalow on 1.7 acre plot in the country and fully paid for), i have a good career ahead of me and i wouldnt touch someone like you with a ten foot barge pole

(Original post by De Mortimer)
    No, money doesn't bring happiness.
    That is entirely subjective. IT really depends on what makes you happy.

That being said - i dont have that much money lol

ReputationRep:
    umm if you partner provides less income wth should it matter? If you love the person than things like that go out the window for awhile atleast besides what happens if you were to marry a "rich guy" and then your bf got finacially stable would you go back?
    And to answer your question no i wouldnt marry someone for money

(Original post by xloisx)

Why are you getting soo heated. Im really not offended at all by what you have to say lol. This is just a discussion. Chill out

(Original post by silverbolt)
    why on earth would a rich guy marry a too sick to work (and presumably not be able to do anything else) woman whose only prerogative is money?

And marry for money no i wouldnt. Oh and btw i do own my own home (4 bed bungalow on 1.7 acre plot in the country and fully paid for), i have a good career ahead of me and i wouldnt touch someone like you with a ten foot barge pole

That is entirely subjective. IT really depends on what makes you happy.

That being said - i dont have that much money lol
    Who said I was interested in you lol..."wouldn't touch you..."
    I still stand by. Financial.stability is important to me. And btw wherever I say I have plenty of experience in my life to back up my decisions. Anyway your entitled to your views

ReputationRep:
    No I would not.

Who said I was interested in you lol..."wouldn't touch you..."
    I still stand by. Financial.stability is important to me. And btw wherever I say I have plenty of experience in my life to back up my decisions. Anyway your entitled to your views
    I married for money 2 years ago and I have definitely not regretted it. My husband works late hours and I cheat on him with my ex quite regularly while my husband is out. I also have lots of spare time for hobbies.

I definitely think you should organised the arranged marriage, and see your current boyfriend on the side for romance. We are liberated women in the 21st century!

Troll above ?? Cheating is wrong esp adultery
    I married for money 2 years ago and I have definitely not regretted it. My husband works late hours and I cheat on him with my ex quite regularly while my husband is out. I also have lots of spare time for hobbies.

I definitely think you should organised the arranged marriage, and see your current boyfriend on the side for romance. We are liberated women in the 21st century!

ReputationRep:
    No i would not marry someone for their money.
    Of course, i would like her to have a financially stable career of her own so that she does not solely rely on me to provide everything. But money is not the be all and end all, as long as we both can contribute together to live fairly comfortably and pull our own weight, then i'd be happy.

ReputationRep:
    As a previous poster said, girls who would happily sit back at life and whos only aspiration is to marry a rich guy is absolutely repulsive. Unfortunately this is a common occurrence and which is why you see these bored, hot wives who cheat on their old, rich, fat, balding husbands with the guys they wished they should have married. And then usually divorce them and squeeze them for all they're worth. Sad state of affairs but this is nothing new.

(Original post by MancBoy)
    As a previous poster said, girls who would happily sit back at life and whos only aspiration is to marry a rich guy is absolutely repulsive. Unfortunately this is a common occurrence and which is why you see these bored, hot wives who cheat on their old, rich, fat, balding husbands with the guys they wished they should have married. And then usually divorce them and squeeze them for all they're worth. Sad state of affairs but this is nothing new.
    Let me see. I don't view an Asian female doctor ..who im not btw...wanting to settle down via arranged marriage...which im not having ....choosing a partner...considering all aspects...ie personality views beliefs money family....and if she met several people and met someone who she was fully compatible with who happened to be a doctor as well and then she decided to work part time ....I don't see problem with that..the women doctor is.comfortable working pt and she contribute to the living and maintenance of house she looks after both families she's noble kind..does charity work...doesn't just sit back and go on spa dates manicures girlfriend lunches. Please try and understand that there are some people in the world
    Who meet their partner differently.. And like to make sure before they enter a marriage contract..things are agreeable on both sides. I am not talking about marrying some old Guy who is a billionaire.

(Original post by loloway)
    This is just ****ed up. Why are girls so materialistic? "I can easily marry a rich guy if I wanted" and thus have an easier lifestyle. This thread blatantly supports the idea that a lot of women only want money and all the qualities they look for in a guy i.e. Personality is just utter crap.

My parents arrived in England not knowing English and not having any money. My dad started as a cleaner then catering for like a decade prior to marriage (he's now in a 50k job)

Some people... You need to lose that attitude that you can easily get and deserve a better life. Maybe you do but you need to work for that. Come back to me when you become rich through hard graft and I'll consider retracting my post. Yes you are ill, but that doesn't warrant you to a better lifestyle
    I am being honest. I don't have the capacity to work full time amd keep up with mortage payments and such. No I don't want to waste my Money to rent a flat where todays landlords are out there to swindle just about anyone. So are estate agents actually. If I didn't have a bf right now I still wouldn't have arranged marriage I would just see if I end up meeting anyone. Now I do have bf we want to marry im future and buy a house so worth. So yes I would need him to have a decent salary so we can get settled and then have children. Why is it soo wrong to be honest with ones self to be prepared to be truthful....

Do women marry for love or money

This is an article from website therichest.

Pretty good article explains stuff a lot better than me if anybody interested have a read

ReputationRep:

Lol, poor attempt at a troll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xloisx)
    as though pride is a good thing

fair play to her for being honest on a controversial matter!

shes not harming others..and its her choice

so let her be

To all the people who think my only ever aspiration was to marry a rich guy..I completed my degree become qualified worked full time went self implied work ft till my health declined and have been working pt for a year..at age 18 I didn't want to marry I wanted to get education..but I wouldn't judge an 18 year old who wants to not study be a housewife and provide for her husband cos guess what it's her life she's entitled..ad long as she's happy. The ironic thing is I want to study further if my health permits me and want to marry bf is all world our well im future so stop assuming it's classless women who want to marry billionaire to get ahead in life lol

Thanks to the person sticking up. I can only think about marriage after next year if it turns out im either doing further studies or not...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to the person sticking up. I can only think about marriage after next year if it turns out im either doing further studies or not...
    Ignore all those who babble on about pride. It's your life and you can do what you want. There's nothing shameful in being a housewife, if that's what you want to do. Equally, there's nothing shameful in working after you get married. Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.