ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    where r you from? :P
    I mate live on the campus of the University of Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!! Handle her with care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylittlePlusle)
    I understand, our autism is probably what has caused her to have such a close bond/connection.
    m8 skype=\= IRL relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universal_set)
    There is nothing to handle:lol:

except maybe his internet connection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    I mate live on the campus of the University of Cambridge
    Mate, that is cool, mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostGear)
    There is nothing to handle:lol:

except maybe his internet connection
    loled.

ReputationRep:
    We've not met yet sadly, we might meet next year or in three years.
    So you're not really together?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    So you're not really together?
    It would be considered as an LDR.

ReputationRep:
    Um, I'm not grooming her... We're in a serious relationship. If you wanted to date someone like that you can.
    Unfortunately you kind of are. And no I couldn't. I don't feel romantic urges around kids...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by universal_set)
    Thank you.

It's really annoying how I am being called a groomer or a pedophile or other words just becuase she is 15, if she was 16 then everything would be okay. I'm not abusing her or doing anything to hurt her. Age shouldn't really matter, what matter is the people in the relationship.

We talk about our future together, the idea of marriage, how we would want our wedding, the names of our children and other things like that. Our parents know about our relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Unfortunately you kind of are. And no I couldn't. I don't feel romantic urges around kids...
    No I'm not. What we have isn't illegal.

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not. What we have isn't illegal.
    If my brother at 15 had been skyping a 21 year old woman I would have been very uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    If my brother at 15 had been skyping a 21 year old woman I would have been very uncomfortable.
    That's you. If they are in love they are in love.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be congratulating him tbh

ReputationRep:
    Creepy and possibly illegal

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.

It's really annoying how I am being called a groomer or a pedophile or other words just becuase she is 15, if she was 16 then everything would be okay. I'm not abusing her or doing anything to hurt her. Age shouldn't really matter, what matter is the people in the relationship.

We talk about our future together, the idea of marriage, how we would want our wedding, the names of our children and other things like that. Our parents know about our relationship.
    Ok, you're talking about marriage when you haven't even met the person yet? and you are also talking about having kids when you have again not even met the person in real life yet?

ReputationRep:
    That's you. If they are in love they are in love.
    You have no idea what love is. You haven't even met her, she is only 15 so will change drastically as a person over the coming years and you don't actually know her in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    If I wasn't so sure OP was a troll, this would be adorable.

ReputationRep:
    Guys... Chill... It's such an obvious troll...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. Our age gap shouldn't mean our love is wrong or stigmated. We have pretty much have everything in common, even our special autism interest is the same! (Medical biology) I didn't think I would find someone like her, I always though I would be alone forever, but she's changed my life in many ways, I have a lot happier than I use to be and I've made her life better too.
    i can so relate to this. i was 17 and my boyfriend 28 when we first met...not we're nearly 7 months together and it's been amazing. i didn't think id find anyone either but he made me believe in soul mates. we are in a LDR but in the same country so we do see each other. so i get how crappy that must be that she's in the US :/
    my friend is in the same situation, her girlfriend is in florida and they started talking over tumblr, now she's flown over from the US and is spending a week with my friend so, it can work out if you're happy, don't let anyone try and take that away from you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.