Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favourite foods/drinks that you can't get in this country? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larissa14)
    If you have a b&m bargains shops near you they sell twizzlers for like £1.99 per foot lol. It's like a rope and it's huge
    :eek: That sounds amazing. I don't have one of them near me, I think I'll have to go find one though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kathiye)
    Kinder joy! Not kinder eggs, the one that has a plastic shell and one half has Nutella-like stuff in it. I'd include a picture but I've completely forgotten how to.
    I am almost daydreaming about these! I used to get them in Italy, seriously why don't they exist here?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Obsessed)
    This thread is making me so hungry

This thread made me walk across Brighton on a very hot summers day only to find the shop that may have had the Fanta pineapple was out of stock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    This thread made me walk across Brighton on a very hot summers day only to find the shop that may have had the Fanta pineapple was out of stock.
    Does that mean you work for TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Apfelschorle. Ich liebe es.

And certain types of beer such as Helles. You can get them here, but you have to go to a speciality wine shop and they're far dearer: €2.50-3 in a cheap Munich bar, £2.50-3 in a wine shop here.

ReputationRep:
    I miss proper PadThai from Thailand. Could buy it anywhere for less than $1 but now i pay 315 in England for an inferior product.

Does that mean you work for TSR?

Yep, i'm working there atm. Sat between Puddles The Monkey and She-Ra right now, opposite Captain Jack.

Am helping out over the summer running competitions such as the TSR Daily Prize Draw and helping plan/keep an eye on other things.

ReputationRep:
    I miss proper PadThai from Thailand. Could buy it anywhere for less than $1 but now i pay 315 in England for an inferior product.

Yep, i'm working there atm. Sat between Puddles The Monkey and She-Ra right now, opposite Captain Jack.

Am helping out over the summer running competitions such as the TSR Daily Prize Draw and helping plan/keep an eye on other things.
    That's an interesting job, do you like it? What's living in Brighton like?

ReputationRep:
    That's an interesting job, do you like it? What's living in Brighton like?

It's good, Have lived here for 4 years(Sussex Uni chemistry graduate from last week).

There's a shop Cyber Candy in the lanes where i can buy a bunch of cool american drinks/Sweets. Saw Sour patch kids there at lunchtime as well and was very tempted.

ReputationRep:
    It's good, Have lived here for 4 years(Sussex Uni chemistry graduate from last week).

There's a shop Cyber Candy in the lanes where i can buy a bunch of cool american drinks/Sweets. Saw Sour patch kids there at lunchtime as well and was very tempted.
    Sussex is my insurance choice. I think I might end up there, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOONA.)
    They need to open up shops over here :drool:
    One just opened up on my local high st a week ago !!!!

ReputationRep:
    When i was younger the Orangina you got in france with all the nice juicy bits was awesome,. they did introduce Orangina in England later but it's definitely not the same. it's not even the awesome bottle shape.

Sussex is my insurance choice. I think I might end up there, any advice?
    Don't be upset if you miss your firm offer and come here. It's a good uni. I had free choice of unis and i chose this one. Brighton is a lovely place to live and if you're good you could probably come visit the TSR office as well.

What subject you looking at studying?

ReputationRep:
    When i was younger the Orangina you got in france with all the nice juicy bits was awesome,. they did introduce Orangina in England later but it's definitely not the same. it's not even the awesome bottle shape.

Don't be upset if you miss your firm offer and come here. It's a good uni. I had free choice of unis and i chose this one. Brighton is a lovely place to live and if you're good you could probably come visit the TSR office as well.

What subject you looking at studying?

Can I get red gems if I come down to the office!?!?!?

Looking forward to Engineering

I don't want to go to my firm to be honest. I want to drop out, go into clearing, and go Scotland or Wales! Dunno why

ReputationRep:
    Can I get red gems if I come down to the office!?!?!?

Looking forward to Engineering

I don't want to go to my firm to be honest. I want to drop out, go into clearing, and go Scotland or Wales! Dunno why
    In theory i could give you red rep gems right now but i won't.

Really? If you don't want to go to your Firm you have time to change your mind! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee342)
    :eek: That sounds amazing. I don't have one of them near me, I think I'll have to go find one though
    Really? There are loads of those now . Cam also get Reese's cups there ,yum

ReputationRep:
    Us version is the best
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    In theory i could give you red rep gems right now but i won't.

Really? If you don't want to go to your Firm you have time to change your mind! :yep:
    I can't do that. I'd have to apply to different unis all over again D;

ReputationRep:
    Kinda sad how in the uk they barely sell nestea which is better than Lipton ice tea

ReputationRep:
    Minute Maid Lemonade :love: I know you can always make your own lemonade, or use lemon squash or whatever, but nothing is as good.

Also, Milk Duds and Chex cereal.. the list goes on.

ReputationRep:

I used to love getting these on holiday, haven't seen them in a while though! also love Mountain Dew, I've had the Mountain Dew energy here and it tasted awful!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOONA.)
    They need to open up shops over here :drool:
    If you go to anfield I think theres one there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.