Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Hmm, I still don't agree with it. It just seems wrong to me to only offer it to the women, I can understand they are trying to get more women on the course but I think they are going the wrong way about it.
    There's a similar scheme to encourage more men to go into primary school teaching, male PGCE Primary students are able to get get more funding than female.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Well, I'm sorry for incorrectly assuming that you were overexaggerating. I really did think stuff like that didn't happen much anymore, but this has just shown me how wrong I was. Jeez, you must be traumatised :/
    That;s okay, I understand this probably doesn't happen to most women as much as it does me as I am probably just very unlucky, statistically someone has to be on the ****ty end :')

Depending on the situation it can be quite traumatising, the time I got backed into a corner at a club I didn't go out for two weeks because it scared the crap out of me. The arse slapping I've gotten used to, it still angers me but I've learnt to expect it. It's the the things like getting followed when I'm on my own that scares me the most.

People often don't take this kind of thing seriously, particularly men who say "I get my ass grabbed in clubs all the time" which is of course wrong and sexual assault should never be tolerated never mind what gender it happens to but the difference is I doubt they fear for their sexual safety when that happens to them. Every time I am sexually assaulted I am reminded how easy it would be for that person to overpower me if worst came to worst.

ReputationRep:
    That;s okay, I understand this probably doesn't happen to most women as much as it does me as I am probably just very unlucky, statistically someone has to be on the ****ty end :')

Depending on the situation it can be quite traumatising, the time I got backed into a corner at a club I didn't go out for two weeks because it scared the crap out of me. The arse slapping I've gotten used to, it still angers me but I've learnt to expect it. It's the the things like getting followed when I'm on my own that scares me the most.

People often don't take this kind of thing seriously, particularly men who say "I get my ass grabbed in clubs all the time" which is of course wrong and sexual assault should never be tolerated never mind what gender it happens to but the difference is I doubt they fear for their sexual safety when that happens to them. Every time I am sexually assaulted I am reminded how easy it would be for that person to overpower me if worst came to worst.

You're really unlucky :/ It's sad that it still goes on, I thought we'd made progress :/

What I don't understand is what they seek to gain from this sort of behaviour? Surely they know it's only going to end in the female's anger? Surely it would be a lot easier to just ask somebody out?

ReputationRep:
    You're really unlucky :/ It's sad that it still goes on, I thought we'd made progress :/

What I don't understand is what they seek to gain from this sort of behaviour? Surely they know it's only going to end in the female's anger? Surely it would be a lot easier to just ask somebody out?
    We have made a lot of progress in society, but there are always going to be some degenerates in society that ruin it for the rest of us.

That part I don't understand myself either, maybe if I could understand why they did it it would make me less angry but it beats me I have no idea.

ReputationRep:
    We have made a lot of progress in society, but there are always going to be some degenerates in society that ruin it for the rest of us.

That part I don't understand myself either, maybe if I could understand why they did it it would make me less angry but it beats me I have no idea.
    Some men are just really stupid :/ I'm sorry you've been subjected to their stupidity

ReputationRep:
    Some men are just really stupid :/ I'm sorry you've been subjected to their stupidity
    That's okay no need to apologise. I hope you never have to go through it, from your posts (sorry stalked on you ) it looks like you're only just getting off to college? You'll become more aware of these kinds of things happening when you get to 18 and start going out more, especially to places where alcohol is abundant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoflower)
    LOL, being a female is crap.

Try being a minority female (black/Asian) and then you will know what crap is.

White women have so much privaledge, I don't even know why they complain, you are literally the epitome of beauty to society.
    I don't know what to do with these privileges.

ReputationRep:
    Women live longer than men though. :P

ReputationRep:
    I always imagined being a girl is a bit like being Jack Bauer. You just do whatever you want and everyone else has to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    That's okay no need to apologise. I hope you never have to go through it, from your posts (sorry stalked on you ) it looks like you're only just getting off to college? You'll become more aware of these kinds of things happening when you get to 18 and start going out more, especially to places where alcohol is abundant.
    Haha, don't worry xD I am guilty of stalking a fair few people on here xD
    Yeah, that is kind of worrying :/ Luckily I'm not very attractive, so I should be fine. Hopefully. This is the one area in which being unattractive is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, don't worry xD I am guilty of stalking a fair few people on here xD
    Yeah, that is kind of worrying :/ Luckily I'm not very attractive, so I should be fine. Hopefully. This is the one area in which being unattractive is a good thing.
    Naw I'm sure you're attractive! but yes you are right you are generally less likely to get these problems if unattractive, though not always.

ReputationRep:
    Naw I'm sure you're attractive! but yes you are right you are generally less likely to get these problems if unattractive, though not always.
    Nope, unattractive and proud
    Yeah.. I've heard beer goggles can make even the most unattractive person resemble emma watson

ReputationRep:
    Just manipulate weak internet males into buying you stuff.

That's the flipside.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, unattractive and proud
    Yeah.. I've heard beer goggles can make even the most unattractive person resemble emma watson
    Well I don't believe you!
    And yeah....alcohol it's one heck of a drug.

ReputationRep:
    Why not just take advantage of it and let man do all the heavy work, bring in the beacon and promise to look after you and protect your kids. Really, it's not that hard apart from the pregnancy bit

ReputationRep:
    That's another great thing about being a woman: being short and having a huge body fat % means getting drunk costs you almost nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StevieA)
    That's another great thing about being a woman: being short and having a huge body fat % means getting drunk costs you almost nothing.
    I'm not sure if that comment was aimed at me because I am short and you are implying I am fat. Or if you are talking generally about women on average having more body fat than men due to breasts and hip fat.

Though it generally costs me quite a bit to drink, I can drink some of my male friends under the table.

ReputationRep:
    It's easier for us to get laid /thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LakAnne)
    Why not just take advantage of it and let man do all the heavy work, bring in the beacon and promise to look after you and protect your kids. Really, it's not that hard apart from the pregnancy bit
    No, because I'm not going to be one of those women who depends on men. I want to be independent. I want to know that I have my own job, earn my own money and am perfectly capable of protecting my children. Are you living in the 19th century?

:lol: Being unattractive is really fun though! It means it's very easy to make male friends xD

ReputationRep:
    No, because I'm not going to be one of those women who depends on men. I want to be independent. I want to know that I have my own job, earn my own money and am perfectly capable of protecting my children. Are you living in the 19th century?

:lol: Being unattractive is really fun though! It means it's very easy to make male friends xD
    Phaha all my friends are male anyway well bar two, but one of them is like a lad like me the other i barely see

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.