Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What GCSE's is everyone most worried about getting back? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sciences. Especially since the exams went so badly but I want to carry them on for A Levels...

ReputationRep:
    Idk, I can't even remember if I found the exams hard or easy anymore :lol:

ReputationRep:
    English Lit (iGCSE) was a particularly horrible exam
    And Maths... Well, it's Maths

ReputationRep:
    English Lit. Overcomplicated the Of Mice and Men section, and as a result, did not address the question well... or not at all really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    English Lit (iGCSE) was a particularly horrible exam
    And Maths... Well, it's Maths
    I did English Lit IGCSE too - which exam board did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC_Costales)
    I feel like I messed up in both, but I calculated my score from unofficial answers and it says I have a score between 129-135..... hopefully that's an A
    Yeah I did the same and i think i got 95 on the non calc and 89-91 on the calc, I just did some quick research and the last 3 maths exams, the grade boundaries for grade A were 139, 131 and 136.. you could get an A depending on how others found the test which will mean if the grade boundaries are high or low.. I hope they are low, are you going to be taking maths A level next year?

ReputationRep:
    Which of you guys here done Edexcel B geography, Eng. Lit AQA, Physics AQA and Maths Edexcel?
    I did all of the above Geography was a nightmare, the physics questions about static electricity and the cyclist's terminal velocity confused me. I think english and maths went pretty well though...but you can never really tell until results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasaur)
    I did all of the above Geography was a nightmare, the physics questions about static electricity and the cyclist's terminal velocity confused me. I think english and maths went pretty well though...but you can never really tell until results day.
    Oh yes, you share my pain on the geography exam thank god whew....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNicholas)
    Yeah I did the same and i think i got 95 on the non calc and 89-91 on the calc, I just did some quick research and the last 3 maths exams, the grade boundaries for grade A were 139, 131 and 136.. you could get an A depending on how others found the test which will mean if the grade boundaries are high or low.. I hope they are low, are you going to be taking maths A level next year?
    Yeah, I hope they are low..... and yes I am taking maths for A-Level, along with the sciences you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I hope they are low..... and yes I am taking maths for A-Level, along with the sciences you?
    Ahh good luck I'm taking maths, further maths, economics and geography

ReputationRep:
    English literature - I did the wrong question/section/set of poems on the second paper. I'm genuinely expecting this to be my lowest grade at an E or a D. I'm probably just over thinking it though.

German - I started off getting Cs in mocks, which sharply rose to an A in a couple of weeks through intense revision sessions. Like up to 7 hours a day of pure German revision. It felt as though the exam went bad though mass vocabulary sessions do not work, it's almost impossible to revise the entire subject in a week. Don't try it.

History - I left revision very late, until the last few days. It didn't help that I hated my teacher, which made me less attentive in lessons. Although, I do like writing essays and I wrote a decent amount. 10ish pages I think.

Further maths - we didn't finish the course, we were so far from it. There's people who got something like 10/175 marks in mocks. I tried to do lots of revision so it became my second most revised subject, behind German. I hope it paid off and I got an A* overall, but I'm starting to doubt that. I just didn't have the time.

ReputationRep:
    English Language. I only applied to one college because I knew I was going to get in so I didn't bother applying to any other college. They require me to get a B and I think I really messed up my exam and will probably get the big D. So I'll be left college-less. And then all my dreams of a future will be shattered when I open that death wish of a letter and all I will see is that I didn't get the heavenly B and there will be nothing I could ever do to change that. Even worse would be I was one off a B.

ReputationRep:
    English Literature
    Maths
    Physics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNicholas)
    Ahh good luck I'm taking maths, further maths, economics and geography
    Economics? I dont have that at my school what you hoping to study uni btw?

ReputationRep:
    English Language because I've always been bad at that, C's and D's all year..... but got an A* in mock so I don't know.

And Maths...always been my strongest subject, A*s all year in mocks, but I'm scared that this would be the one time that I would fail and it scares me because I want to do Maths and Further Maths in A Level, and I'm doing Additional Maths next year so yeah

ReputationRep:
    English Language and Literature, I just flop in English, I can write very well but I lack creativity and dislike plays and poems etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    B2,B3 eng lit paper 1 aqa, maths because I think I am either A or borderline A*. Really want an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Economics? I dont have that at my school what you hoping to study uni btw?
    I want to study Economics at University wby?

ReputationRep:
    Guys. See this.
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/educat...2014-468-0-0-0

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumSuicide)
    Omg i feel exactly the same. Im so scared for my gcse in physics
    It was sooooo hard. Im almost in tears thinking about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG same!! I just want them now because I can't even think logically about them anymore!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.