Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 50 cent the best rapper ever Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabire3)
    "Since I'm in a position to talk to these kids and they listen
    I ain't no politician but I'll kick it within a minute
    Cause see, they call me a menace and if the shoe fits I'll wear it
    But if it don't, then ya'll swallow the truth grin and bear it
    Now who's the king of these rude ludicrous lucrative lyrics?
    Who could inherit the title, put the youth in hysterics?
    Using his music to steer it sharing his views and his merits
    But there's a huge interference, they're saying, "You shouldn't hear it."
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated, disputed, hated and viewed in America
    as a mother****ing drug addict like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrassed
    And I got nothing to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You ****ing do-gooders - too bad you couldn't DO-GOOD at marriage!
    And do you have any clue what I had to do to get here I don't
    think you do so stay tuned and keep your ears glued to the stereo
    Cause here we go, he's {Jigga durra Jigga da chk Jigga}
    And I'm the sinister, Mr. Kiss-My-Ass it's just the.."

My my....
    hahaha Eminem completely owned that track. I don't like Jay Z at all, I hate him in fact. Nas murdered him on Black Republican, Eminem murdered him on Renegade. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Bugz, mobb deep, The game, Nas, are also much better, however 2pac shredded mobb deep in hit me up
    have u heard the track called 'It's Mine', mobb deep featuring Nas. killer track. nas murders that ****. if u havent heard it, go on youtube now!

ReputationRep:
    Surprised it hasn't been suggested yet in this thread, but Eminem is far superior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stinkum)
    I seem to be in a small minority because I really liked Relapse a lot (and Refill was epic). For a few days, I thought it was odd and weird, completely different from his usual style. But slowly it grew on me, I definitely think it's a decent album. Quite weird, even for Eminem, but a good album nevertheless.

Don't get me started on D12. I'm the biggest D12 fanboy I know. I've been listening to them for years. I've heard every single album of theirs, including the underground EP (their very first album, great stuff on there, back when they had Bugz and Eye Kyu) and the more recent Return of the Dozen vols 1 & 2 mixtapes. I think D12 are absolutely amazing, by far my favourite rap group.
    I'm a D12 fan but for me, Bizzare ruins D12. Take the song When The Music Stops, the song is a fantastic pace, Proof just killed it and Bizzare comes are takes the pace down. He can't rap, he talks in the song.

He was good in 40oz and My Band but that's about it. I haven't heard there underground stuff though.

Kon Artist is really underrated, but he's more of a producer. Kuniva is amazing and McVay is to. Proof, he was a great hypeman and his death affected Em badly.

Have you seen there freestyle in Eminems Basement, shows the level of skill Eminem has. In a league above everyone else's.

D12 freestyle at eminems basement 2002: http://youtu.be/tE1jFmR8bdc

ReputationRep:
    hahaha Eminem completely owned that track. I don't like Jay Z at all, I hate him in fact. Nas murdered him on Black Republican, Eminem murdered him on Renegade. lol.
    True lol.. But Jay has Beyonce, he's doing great lol

Also, the fact 50 Cent is out of everyone's discussion shows he ain't the best lol

ReputationRep:
    True lol.. But Jay has Beyonce, he's doing great lol

Also, the fact 50 Cent is out of everyone's discussion shows he ain't the best lol
    50 hasn't done anything to set himself apart from the rest. he hasn't done enough with his music to be considered anything better than average. he's not bad, but he's just another typical rapper who raps about guns, drugs and women.

but beyonce...yuck, 0 out of 10

ReputationRep:
    50 hasn't done anything to set himself apart from the rest. he hasn't done enough with his music to be considered anything better than average. he's not bad, but he's just another typical rapper who raps about guns, drugs and women.

but beyonce...yuck, 0 out of 10
    True, but think about it. What many regard at his two best songs In da Club (which was originally a D12 beat), Candy Shop, 21 Questions and Patiently Waiting are not his usual style.

And C'mon, Beyonce is just wow..

ReputationRep:
    EMINEM!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a D12 fan but for me, Bizzare ruins D12. Take the song When The Music Stops, the song is a fantastic pace, Proof just killed it and Bizzare comes are takes the pace down. He can't rap, he talks in the song.

He was good in 40oz and My Band but that's about it. I haven't heard there underground stuff though.

Kon Artist is really underrated, but he's more of a producer. Kuniva is amazing and McVay is to. Proof, he was a great hypeman and his death affected Em badly.

Have you seen there freestyle in Eminems Basement, shows the level of skill Eminem has. In a league above everyone else's.

D12 freestyle at eminems basement 2002: http://youtu.be/tE1jFmR8bdc
    OMG Bizarre...definitely ruins D12!!! I've discussed this before. He really has NO PLACE in rap whatsoever! The dude can't rap, all he does is just talk in his normal voice. And the content of his lyrics is extremely disturbing, he raps about extremely disturbed stuff, goes way too far! When The Music Stops is one of my favourite tracks of all time, absolutely amazing, I especially love Swifty's verse, Bizarre definitely ruins that song!! "Brains confused and ****ed since the third grade" LOL seriously wtf?! LOL I ABSOLUTELY agree with you about Bizarre!

Their underground stuff is...alright. To be honest, it's weak...but I just love D12 and listen to all of their stuff. I'll concede that their mixtape stuff isn't anywhere near as good as their album releases, but I still like it a lot and been listening to it for a long time.

My favourite member has always been swifty. Love his flow and his lyrics, always cracks me up. Kuniva is great (his Retribution mixtape is pretty decent). Kon Artis is quite good too, he tears up that track Maxine off Infinite.

Ahh...I could talk about D12 for days.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not the best on a technical level, but by far the most entertaining. If I could listen to only one rapper then I'd probably choose him.

I used to write and perform rap music myself and the amount of technical and intelligent rappers i heard of that never get attention is ridiculously high. The best are definitely not the most well known.

ReputationRep:
    Get Rich or Die Tryin' is pure nostalgia for me. I wouldn't rate it if it was released now, but I have a soft spot for it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess it is nostalgia I remember disco inferno in da club ski mask way and some of his new stuff is okay like think about me etc but overall he is not worthy if legend status

ReputationRep:
    Rapping? Are they still doing that? That was old when I was a kid.

I'm rapping. I'm rapping. I'm rapping to the beat.
    I'm rapping with my mouth and tapping with my feat.
    One times.
    Two times.
    Urgh. Yeah. Getting jiggy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)

Isn't he just.. Omg :sexface: 10/10 :sexface:
    *shoots you in the head with a hollow point*

ReputationRep:
    List of rappers better than 50 cent (this is off the top of my head - there are many others):

Big L
    KRS One
    Eminem
    Nas
    AZ
    Big Daddy Kane
    Big Pun
    Jay Z
    Rakim
    Tupac
    Notorious B.I.G
    Kool G Rap
    Guru
    Immortal technique
    Method Man
    Raekwon
    Prodigy
    Andre 3000
    Mos Def
    Redman
    Scarface
    Common
    Cam'ron
    Ice Cube
    Ghostface Killah

Don't get me wrong, 50 cent isn't a bad rapper - in his prime he was much better than most of the mainstream rappers of today. However, most of his things are commercial and very gimmicky now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    *shoots you in the head with a hollow point*
    naaa m8. You can't lie. Hes just too grr to describe.
    Hes my bae dn't mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Hes my bae dn't mess.
    *shoots himself in mouth*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Hes my bae dn't mess.
    I hope you aren't talking about his raps, I mean his metaphors in No Love were I admit, fantastic.

"But it's "**** the world", get a child out her
    Yeah, my life a *****, but you know nothing about her
    Been to hell and back, I can show you vouchers
    I'm rolling Sweets, I'm smoking sour
    Married to the game but she broke her vows"

Beside that, not much lol

ReputationRep:
    Fiddy all day everyday 👊 not happy with animal ambition though, but his other tracks make up for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    OMG Bizarre...definitely ruins D12!!! I've discussed this before. He really has NO PLACE in rap whatsoever! The dude can't rap, all he does is just talk in his normal voice. And the content of his lyrics is extremely disturbing, he raps about extremely disturbed stuff, goes way too far! When The Music Stops is one of my favourite tracks of all time, absolutely amazing, I especially love Swifty's verse, Bizarre definitely ruins that song!! "Brains confused and ****ed since the third grade" LOL seriously wtf?! LOL I ABSOLUTELY agree with you about Bizarre!

Their underground stuff is...alright. To be honest, it's weak...but I just love D12 and listen to all of their stuff. I'll concede that their mixtape stuff isn't anywhere near as good as their album releases, but I still like it a lot and been listening to it for a long time.

My favourite member has always been swifty. Love his flow and his lyrics, always cracks me up. Kuniva is great (his Retribution mixtape is pretty decent). Kon Artis is quite good too, he tears up that track Maxine off Infinite.

Ahh...I could talk about D12 for days.
    New D12 coming out this year though, no Proof or Mr Porter though :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.